Anduin's possible fate (Spoilers)

I am not discounting anything at this point. Taelia’s inclusion perplexes me considering how selective they were on living cast members in the SLs. I really doubt she’s just being settup to get to know papa somehow has ears again. Calia I absolutely expect to be there on hiatus till the Arthas-demption story line kicks in. Same with Jaina. But Taelia doesn’t have that going for her.

1 Like

Looking at the screenshot in the first post, it almost does read like they are reading the Saurfang’s lines from Icecrown:

Thrall says: The paladin still lives? Is it possible, Highlord? Could he have survived?
Calia Menathil says: The power of the light knows no bounds, Thrall. His soul is under great strain, but he lives - for now.
Thrall says: Then we must save him! If we rescue Anduin Wrynn, we may quell the unrest between the Alliance and the Horde.

4 Likes

Ahh … figured it out then. Arthas is going to be turned into a weapon, and Anduin is going to wield him. Cuz of course he is. The boy needs moar powerups.

This is what I’ve been thinking. I think Anduin will be saved later on in the expansion, long after the other faction leaders have. Due to how time works in the Shadowlands, he’ll have aged a lot at that point. Next expansion, we’ll have Son Of The Wolf happen. There is a Dreadlord involved with that and we know how involved the Dreadlords are.

I really doubt we’ll get Son of the Wolf next. If we really are going into cosmological forces enemies, I’d put more money on the Light than the Void being the next issue we face. There are more threads teasing that domain than any other’s beyond death atm, and it brings it back to a more relavent bit of content for members of both factions.

Golden fixation on him and likely Danuser with Afrasiabi just want a generic human goody two shoes to lead as that would be easy.

Not more 5 mins thinking at the bathroom about how to re-introduce the next guide npc

3 Likes

A lot of people have suspected that the next cosmological adventure would feature both the Light and Void at the same time.

1 Like

I dunno. I feel like “Void” has really been done to death recently, even if it was only through their proxies the Old Gods. And even if the two are counterbalancing forces, I don’t expect LIFE to show up in this Death themed expansion much. Light as a cosmological domain is one of the least known, and I feel like there is plenty of content to play with there.

Plus, I have this horrible feeling that if the Light and Void domains both show up in the same expansion Blizz is just going to default to Light being pure and good. Rather than what they seem to be building up the two into, which seems to be a Single Linear Path vs Infinite Branching Paths. The prior which can lead to Fanaticism, the latter can lead to Insanity.

1 Like

We’re getting plenty of life stuff from Ardenweald in Shadowlands. The Shadowlands collector’s edition artbook even confirmed that Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream are two branches on the same tree.

1 Like

But do you really expect us to go into the Cosmological Domain of Life in this expansion? Because the Emerald Dream apparently ain’t it. That is merely a facsimile of the true plain of life molded by Eonar from what I understand. Which would explain why its described as an idealized version of Azeroth if sentient races did not exist. It seems a waste to do both Light and Void at the same time when the prior has far more unknown content to explore.

And again … if they do both at the same time there is no way in hell they aren’t going to default on the Light being this pure source of good an righteousness. Which, honestly I should just stop expecting anything so heavily Alliance themed to have any semblance of grey. Watch Blizz validate Yrel for a successful cultural genocide if she shows up again. Which she probably will folks, Naaru ships are interdemensional as well as interspacial; and I’d wager the cosmological domain of light reaches into all realities just like the SLs does.

Um… As I just stated how Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream have been confirmed to be part of the same thing, for all practical purposes we are going to the Cosmological Domain of Life, if you want to put it that way.

2 Likes

Sounds like a terrible story. So I can see them doing it.

Its a facet of the Life Domain that happens to exist within the Domain of Death. Its not the Domain of Life itself. Which is why apparently the Dread Lords have been using Ardenweald as a means of studying their eternal opposite. They even mention they have an infiltrator within the Life Domain already, just as they do with Light, Void, and Fel.

Facets of other domains existing within Prime Cosmological Domains is expected (just look at the Titans and how Order operates for an example of that), but that doesn’t mean those fragments are reflective of the Whole. I expect elements of Light with the Void, I expect a sliver of the Void within the Light. But if both are presented in the same expansion … no way in hell Blizz will be able to stop themselves from portraying the Light as wholly good and the Void as wholly evil (despite things not leaning totally that way anymore).

1 Like

They already have lore bits here and there of both the Void and the Light attacking the Shadowlands.

2 Likes

For all we know Golden is the only one with a fixation on him and Afrasiabi and Danuser do infact want to villainize him.

Golden as far as I’m aware of only works on Cinematics(where most of Anduin’s focus is found). If Afrasiabi and Danuser want Anduin killed in a Raid than Golden can make as many hints of possible salvation in his corruption cinematic as she chooses as it won’t make a difference in the long run.

Of course if Anduin is killed in a Raid without a Cinematic and the Jailer gets the Raid Cinematic one would wonder how Golden would design the Cinematic…

How her frustration and rage would affect it? Would she have someone rant or(if the someone is the Jailer) gloat about the Heroes destroying the Alliance’s best part of itself?

I think they’ll make first exploring Life lands, Arcane and “The deepest of Nether realm where the Legion never dared to venture”

And sorry … I guess its all finally just getting to me. Being told I’m a bad person for 2 years because of the Faction and Racial Fantasies I enjoy. Being shamed by the writers for something they made my faction do. Having multiple AR leaders voice regret even joining the faction, and having Thrall and Aggra constantly remind us that he doesn’t want to be part of the Horde. Having the only way to judge a Horde character’s “goodness” and virtue be by their relationship to the Alliance reps.

Like, I do not get it …

6 Likes

Possible. But!

• “Anduin… a weapon?”
  • “Sylvanas was toying with him. She spoke of breaking him through this.”

Those statements together lead me to believe that Anduin is the one being turned into a weapon. Isn’t that what the Maw does? It breaks down souls and turns them into literal and figurative weapons, both?

3 Likes

I’m worried Baine would be the hardest one to develop in Shadowlands since…

Jania has Uther and Kael’thas
Thrall has Draka
Anduin has Bolvar

edit: Likely I shouldn’t say that.

Baine has everyone he devours.

11 Likes