Anduin's possible fate (Spoilers)

Well yes, that would suck (or not, if you don’t like Genn), but it would be a cheaty way of validating ‘not everyone will survive to the end’ without killing off any of the kidnap-ees.

Summary for SL. We all save the Alliance leader. The Horde gets to help.

13 Likes

The last comparable time they’ve been this bloody cagey and secretive about the plot was Teldrassil… I don’t have high expectations. I’m not sure I even have standard expectations.

6 Likes

Fixed for you

9 Likes

There’s a hilariously high chance Genn will outlive his entire family as he’s the only Worgen.

I’d assume something like age don’t really slow worgan down.

Double fix for you.

5 Likes

Do we even know if the Worgen curse allow for a longer life?

I mean…there is Ivar Bloodfang and Darius Crowley.

We don’t but it also didn’t look like it slowed them down either.

Like an old lady became a worgen and she went off, is I’d assume it’ll keep ya going for a few more decades at least.

Maybe not forever but longer then normal I’d wager.

1 Like

And Genn was still pretty agile when he was fighting Sylvanas in Stormheim. I mean, the dude lept from the ceiling and landed with no problem.

I am under the assumption that because the curse is “nature” based it doesnt actually change you in term of your life span or physiologically when you are in your human form.

Well, it’s technically the combination of it being a Druid Pack form plus using the Scythe of Elune to create the actual Curse. We don’t actually know what sort of extended life span, if any, worgen have.

This is secondhand anecdotal but I think someone once mentioned that in Wolfheart, Genn’s described as feeling much more youthful and full of vigor whenever he’s in his worgen form. So if it doesn’t extend one’s lifespan, it should at least maximize it.

Or maybe you could go with the weird option of both forms aging at different rates and eventually losing your human form altogether, but I doubt Blizzard would do that.

3 Likes

If I remember Genn’s short story right, it makes a point that when he switches to worgen form all of his old age-related limitations are gone. Plus, he gets all that crazy werewolf strength and agility. Maybe if he stays in worgen form his life would be extended?

There is a very weird example in Classic WoW of a Forsaken turned Worgen in Pyrewood Village that is Worgen both day and night, as opposed to the Human villagers that only turn into Worgen at night.

I think there were also cases of the original Night Elf Worgen that were not able to turn back into Night Elves.

Obviously I don’t think Blizzard intends any of this, but it is funny to think about.

All I want from this is for Anduin to get “bussed” for a while. Its fine if he’s on the rack for a time if it means we can get some focus on the other 4. Thrall needs a chance to actually take pride in what and who he is again. Baine needs some time away from Anduin, and characterization outside of his plot-device status. I dunno, maybe Jaina can run into Dad at some point. That might be interesting. Tyrande needs all the time for her subplot.

Let Anduin get tortured for a bit, and the others get shine without his overwhelming presence.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’re going to use this torture to Khadgar-age Anduin so he’s the old man version of himself leading us against the Void that we saw at the end of the Son of the Wolf comic.

2 Likes

I kinda doubt it will be that drastic, but I do expect a bit more Manduin to come out of the situation. If nothing else to kind of even him out with who I assume is going to be his love interest in Taelia (no way in hell she is only being featured as much as she is just to pal around with Dad).

That being said, it would be a nice courtesy to do the same with Baine and toughen him up a bit too if they’re gonna do that with Anduin.

Eh… I dunno. What with the whole Arthas tortures Bolvar, Jailer tortures Anduin, would feel too much like Taelia dating someone in the likeness of her dad.

Why is Anduin set up as a protagonist of both factions? Absolutely ridiculous.

17 Likes