Anduin's possible fate (Spoilers)

Just have him go on a spirit journey with Huln in Ardenweald or something. Surely that zone is large enough to have more than one living character find relevance.

Though … I’m not optimistic. I cannot shake this horrific feeling that with how Baine was pooped out as “worthless” by the Jailor, he’s literally there to just poop on the Horde just as much. That nothing in this expansion will prove Sylvanas wrong, and “The Horde and its People truly are Nothing”. Well … nothing beyond being sidekicks and accessories to the true Alliance heroes.

God … cynicism does not become me. I really gotta find a way back to apathy.

2 Likes

I warned everyone this would happen and Golden’s focus on Anduin was going to end up with him being the center point of the story where everything revolves around him.

I can already where this story is going, Anduin is going to reject being this weapon and we will end up saving him before he breaks but he will be changed. Though he will eventually accept this fate and “transform” to take on the big bad the threatens the universe.

He is likely being setup as the replacement Me’dan because players demanded he be removed from the story. He is going to end up being funneled all the different powers to defeat the next big evil (void lords).

We the players are just going to be running around helping powering him up by being his backup.

1 Like

Cairne can be involved in a patch

Oh wait!

What if these four characters aren’t going to be developed but are going to help develop the other characters? Such as Baine helping Vol’jin, Thrall helping Draka, Jania helping Uther and Anduin helping Garrosh?

edit: Maybe that sounds crazy.

That would be quite frankly awful. The living Horde roster is so disgustingly underdeveloped, underused, and underpowered that for the dead to get all the focus would just be yet another symptom of nearly a decade of DEEP neglect. Blizzard “we’d rather develop your dead characters we killed off, so we don’t have to face the consequences of what we did to you’re faction and develop the still living”. I’m still half expecting Calia’s bizarre presences being an avenue to Blizz’s attempt to shoehorn her into the Forsaken driver’s seat.

Baine needs development beyond being Anduin’s accessory and a “Token Good Horde Plot Device”. Thrall needs to stop being insufferably Horde hating and mopey. They’re the only two living world characters Blizz deemed the Horde gets in the expansion after they destroyed our entire Faction, they better do something with them of value that we can take back to the living world.

5 Likes

There is really no saving Baine, I mean we have literally had to travel all over the place rescuing him since his inception into the story, he has only ever been needing rescuing has never done anything else of note. As others have pointed he might as well put on a pink dress and go wait in the jailers prison waiting for rescue.

3 Likes

I’ve never been as prone to “this character is unsalvageable” as many Horde fans. Especially since up until Sylvie’s betrayal, every character who even slightly sided against her found themselves on that list. Which says a lot about certain facets of the “Horde” fanbase.

I have to take this stance because we have no one left, and I have to hold out some vain hope that there is some potential left. With Baine’s functional usage in the story, replacing him with any character will just result in them being forced to fill that same role. A Token Good Horde Plot Device. We’re better off trying to fix the big cow, than naively believing removing him will have any positive results. People are fooling themselves if they believe that.

3 Likes

I just don’t see it happening unless they do a really 180 with his character. At this point hes just Anduin’s token best friend from the other side of the tracks who needs saving all the time. There isn’t much else to his character beyond that and the current direction in Shadowlands doesn’t lead me to believe hes going to deviate from that path.

Golden’s plan is to have her Son errr I mean Anduin be the focus of the story and everyone else playing a support role to that.

This is one of the reason BFA was such a massive flop, Anduin isn’t a compelling character but the writers are so focused on forcing him to be the center point for both the Horde and Alliance.

Its funny as this was the exact thing that happen in Cataclysm when they focused all the story on Thrall for both factions and that was a horrible experience for everyone involved. Yet the writers are repeating the same mistakes while at the same time thinking they are being original and writing a better story.

Anduin was barely in BfA beyond telling Tyrande he couldn’t commit to Darkshore “right now”. Which she proceeded to ignore. The game might fool you with his presence in cinematics, but truly the guy didn’t do much. Same goes for Saurfang’s “honor” for that matter. Despite their moralizing, those morals really weren’t allowed to matter till Blizz needed an excuse to not destroy an entire player faction. I get the feeling you’re allowing your dislike for Golden overshadow understanding truly just how many functional writing issues BfA had.

Anduin may turn out to be a huge problem in SLs, but he was truly a drop in a vast ocean of problems with the writing of BfA.

1 Like

Baine is showing more spine than Thrall against Tyrande’s aggression though that could ruin either character if we progress a conflict between the two. :thinking:

Maybe Baine could get a (made from the shadowlands) runeaxe since Cairne shattered the Bloodhoof runeaxe during Garrosh’s duel and Thrall regains his control of the elements?

Getting Baine a magical weapon would at least make him more potent than the average Warrior in an increasingly magic centered Warcraft. Truly, that class only seems to exist for noble self-sacrifice without some powerful magical gear. Thrall getting his mojo back with the elements would also be nice. However, the issue with these two far outstrips their lack of power; and that power returning should really coincide with personal growth. Which they desperately need.

Thrall is a mopey dick who’s wife keep reminding us he doesn’t want to be with the Faction. And now we’re threatened with a return of the worst incarnation of Thrall to ever exist. Creepy-stalker dead parent Thrall. He’s the child of Durotan. The hope of Doomhammer and Hellscream. The entrusted friend of Saurfang. He’s destined and expected to be a great Orc Chieften, but he constantly repeats he dislikes being a part of his people and the faction.

Baine has a horrific showing within the Horde fanbase. A constantly captured princess who only seems to finally take action when an Alliance character is on the line. He’s peace oriented, but its far too extreme. His characterization almost exclusively comes second to his needs to be a plot-device good Horde. And he’s essentially been turned into an accessory for Anduin, rather than being a leader who can stand strong on his own. He needs distance from Anduin to become his own character, and needs to show he has the strength of a Tauren High Chieften.

2 Likes

The trouble with Baine now is that in order to stay in Shadowlands he would need to focus on rescuing Anduin. Maybe the Bloodtotem should play a role since they were able to defile the Highmountain burial grounds with the Legion. :thinking:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/713762-tugar-bloodtotem.jpg

I’m not so sure. From what I understand the PC is canonically stuck in SLs for the long haul. It remains to be seen as to whether that rule also applies to the few living world characters that found their way into the land of the dead. It would make sense that that is the case, with how small the roster of those coming in truly is … I don’t see why not?

Regardless, one of Baine’s biggest issues is that he is a far cry from the Cairne he was supposed to replace. His father was peace oriented, but backed it with strength and knowing when to use it. It may honestly be too late to rectify it, but if Blizz is going to do anything profound with him here … its time to make him more like his father. Just as its time to get Thrall back to his WC3 roots.

The problem is this a new writing team that likely just write to meet the deadlines(not all as we see questing is still good) and also a lot of the playerbase quality has gone downhill as well.

Just check reddit how brain dead are some people that even call BFA a lore master piece or how awesome were Baine and Anduin.

Likely this will be the dialogue but man I really wish I could see her expression if Anduin has to die but also this mean Jaina will get the more sue dosis.

night elves do not need a dead leader. Night elves just experienced genocide.

3 Likes

I didn’t say anything about Tyrande dying. Tyrande just started getting interesting. My point is if they tease Tyrande and Anduin beginning to go down a darker path and then just instantly cure/save them in Shadowlands and they just go right back to their old selves again…that would be very disappointing. The Alliance needs more variety in its character archetypes, not less.

2 Likes

I’d rather Tyrande be boring than have Blizzard handle her in the “interesting” way that they gave the Horde internal conflicts.

5 Likes

Sadly they seem to be setting Tyrande up to be Anduins foil within the Alliance which is never a good sign.

Nothing good will come to character’s that stand in opposition to Golden’s precious boy. She will either probably end up bending the knee and taken into his cult or end up dying showing how wrong she is.

1 Like

Its not in the stories best interest for anduin to die. It would be much better if he had a jaina theramoore experience and quit being so god damned naive.

I would rather Tyrande face her inevitable death.

Can you stop derailing threads to be about Tyrande/Night elves/MUH CAPITAL or just talking about a “fake genocide”

1 Like