Anduin with PTSD. What am I missing?

:notes::musical_note:Feelings! Nothing more than feelings!:musical_note::notes:

That’s nothing to be ashamed of.

Can I just point out that his father had his soul split in two and was a slave for years but still managed to do his duty as king.

Oof, this story is already shaping up to be something pathetic lol.

1 Like

Dying :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You pretty much nailed it. The cinematic was just an excuse to bring Thrall (aka Metzen) back into the game.

Go’el better go away for most of TWW

Maw dailies.

4 Likes

My wife and I did these religiously to get sockets for our raid and pvp gear.

Maybe I need Thrall to come pat my shoulder, too.

I mean…Even if you ignore the Shadowlands expansion, Anduin likely blames himself for the debacle that happened in Arathi.

Since it was in a book, here’s the gist of it:

He tried organizing with Sylvanas a meeting between living humans and their forsaken relatives so that they can start repairing relations.

Sylvanas hated it, but politically had to support it.

The Forsaken that went there, in desperation, tried defecting to the Alliance…which prompted a blood bath from Sylvanas.

Which further worsened relations…and lead to Teldrassil burning.

Even though it’s not Anduin’s fault, as the High King he was responsible for it.

pss… Sylvanas send him to Friendzone.

It wasn’t the domination part he enjoyed. It was the DK part he enjoyed.

DKs are extremely powerful, he liked that. He had god powers for a bit.

The difference between father and son, Varian wasn’t a deep thinker but Anduin was and still is.

So Anduin will be more affected and a bit longer than Varian would.

Yes, Anduin suffers from PTSD, and in a world where mental health isn’t really considered a thing to treat. As someone with PTSD, I don’t blame him for lashing out like he did.

Consider everything the kid has been through in his lifetime:

• Father “disappears” at a young age, presumed dead
  • Kidnapped by Onyxia when his father returns
  • Witnessed his friend Magni turned to stone in front of him
  • Being a diplomat before the age of 15 to multiple Kingdoms
  • High-Pressure to be a Paladin due to Velen seeing “great potential” in him
  • Shipwrecked, betrayed, and almost killed multiple times in Pandaria
  • Tries to befriend Garrosh
  • A long and complex relationship with Wrathion, ending in betrayal
  • Father killed at the hands of the Burning Legion
  • Made King long before his time
  • Forced into war with the Horde, going against his dreams of peace
  • Sylvanas killing her own Forsaken during a ceasefire allowing the undead to reunite with their families… aka betrayed again
  • Forced to become a “Death Knight” through Domination by Zovaal… Doing things against his will
  • Is now hearing the “voice” calling out to him, which would drive him mad

This is just the cliff-notes version. There are A LOT of smaller stories and details from the books and other media that would contribute to his condition. Given all of this, PTSD is getting off LIGHT during an era of pretty much constant war against another faction, demons, the void, old gods, Titans, etc.

11 Likes

Having your free will co-opted and then forced to go against everything you believe in would break anyone.

5 Likes

Sounds like Thrall should’ve ended him right there and then to release him from his torment.

Yep. All PC’s are dominated and in servitude to our RNG masters. And we llike it. We love it. Since we do it years later. Those who hated it left this place long ago.

We embrace it. All it takes is finally getting that item of desire to go oh hell yes, killing 10K mobs was so worth it. In theory we’d be approaching genocidal body counts. Don’t care, we need that 1 pair of pants. 10 or 10K have to die to get it…so be it.

and then we go off to kill another 10k mobs just because wowhead says they have a 2% chance for the next wanted item on the list.

1 Like

I think most of his trauma is gonna come from BFA. Shadowlands is the new “What sword?” of expansions. It is getting pushed under the rug lore wise, and understandably so.

This reminds me of what happened in the evolution of comic book superheros, they all started having deep psychological issues, batman would be sitting in a corner saying “The Joker has driven my soul to the darkest corners of Gothem” and superman would be flying around looking all dark saying “I must pull the demonic darkness from my mind, or I will be sucked into the endless void of existence” or other ramblings that make no sense to make the characters look all deep and intelligent.

Arthas kills people while mind controlled.
People of Azeroth: He is evil!!

Anduin kills people while mind controlled.
People of Azeroth: But he was mind controlled!

#arthasdidnothingwrong

1 Like

Ppl keep saying robots. Their bodies are artificial, but they have souls. They used to be someone else long ago.

1 Like

Citation needed.

Think some of you might have forgotten that there was feeling of excitement arising from within him while dominated. He just could not differentiate if it was due to an external force making him feel that way or it was actually him.

He was tortured and and made to bend before domination, just imagine the mental stress and immerse willpower required to even stay sane. He’s someone upright, believe in peace and standing up for the weak and now being forced to swing his blade at his allies, friends and people who trusted in him and feeling ‘‘exhilarated’’?

Yeah i would be a emo too if i were him.

2 Likes