Anduin with PTSD. What am I missing?

That’s true. You’re right.

He does mention that he, almost killed his friends.

I think of the dumb things I did when I was younger. The times that myself and my friends almost killed each other in some spectacular vehicular mishap.

We don’t have PTSD from that; merely more wisdom from the encounters.

Yea, cause you weren’t being piloted like a meat puppet doing it

2 Likes

My brain pilots my body like a meat puppet up to this very day.

What are you even talking about?

So you’re mentally incapable of thinking for yourself? Is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

Answer the question. It’s not particularly hard one to answer

2 Likes

So Anduin gets kidnapped to hell by basically the devil, autonomy stolen with his personality draining away, forced to fight his friends, work towards universal destruction. All while his faith magic was unable to save him.

Seems like pretty clearly a set of events that could cause someone to be pretty upset and doubt themselves.

Which begs the question; Why did Anduin think the way to fix trauma was AVOID EVERYONE HE TRUSTS and LITERALLY VISIT HELL BY HIMSELF!?

Like, I get it. He was kidnapped. We know that much because it’s depicted on screen.

The torture is completely alleged (basically people’s head-canon) as it’s never mentioned or shown.

From what we’re shown directly, Anduin’s PTSD is completely unearned.

1 Like

We’ll we’re shown Anduin getting kidnapped to hell by basically the devil, autonomy stolen with his personality draining away, forced to try and kill his friends, work towards universal destruction. All while his faith magic was unable to save him. All this for a chunk of the expansion.

These are easy to understand as upsetting events.

Upsetting? Absolutely.

PTSD inducing? Only to the extremely weak.

Mentally ill people don’t usually make the best decisions, and sometimes they aren’t even ready to accept what would be best to help them.

lol

4 Likes

You don’t really understand trauma then.

Hell, soldiers get trauma from going to normal wars. You can’t out-tough trauma.

8 Likes

That’s fine and true and has no place in a video game. Especially in a combat-centric action MMORPG.

Wrong.

Showing the actual human-related fallout of conflict and war is a good thing.

Otherwise it’s violence with no stakes.

Brainrotten comment from someone whos never stepped foot in the real world.

6 Likes

Citation needed.

Really? You want to lob insults? That’ll support your argument and elevate it to a mature and respectful discussion.

A single braincell.

I don’t respect anyone who connotates PTSD to weakness, sorry not sorry.

1 Like

That seems to be what you’re working with currently. Maybe rally the others, you possess, to the cause?

Yeah, I’m sure having 0 repercussions towards any kind of conflict makes for compelling storytelling.

Makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

Well, let’s carry out the alternative to its natural conclusion then. Blizzard is moving in that direction anyway, so they’ve got a captive audience.

So repercussions of war, then.

Heroes who recoil at the sight of their weapons, as they cannot unsee the murder and mayhem those objects have caused.

Thrall curled into a fetal position under a waterfall, unable to weild the elements. He cries bitter tears for the lives he’s taken over the years. His arm, no longer able to lift an axe.

Jaina grows old in a library, sipping tea with Khadgar and reminiscing about cantrips.

Khadgar encourages Jaina to maybe open a spellbook. Take a whirl at using arcane magic again. Jaina recoils at the mere mention of Arcane magic; the tragedy of Theramor is still fresh in her mind. The manabomb. The teacup slips from Jaina’s fingertips and shatters on the floor. She’s sobbing uncontrollably. Khadgar consoles the once-great mage. She needs time.

Maybe Baine Bloodhoof and Magni will go and visit Anduin in his retirement cottage. He’s needed so much energy lately. Even just to tend to his garden. Surely they’ll be able to add some color to his life. He’s so sad. Anduin barely gets out of bed these days…

Baine gets up out of his chair to leave and is nearly overwhelmed with a wave of vertigo. Ever since the Jailor dropped him one hundred feet in the Maw, the once-proud bull finds that, even his height gives him PTSD. Maybe he’ll visit Anduin another day… sitting feels so much better… he just needs his tent and his fire… his safe space.

The war is over and the traumatized denizens of Azeroth go about their lives, walking on eggshells and avoiding their triggers.

World of Warcraft: Safe Space.

You’re an actual idiot.

1 Like