Anduin was the LAST character I wanted this expansion to include

I don’t think I’m alone in that after SL I couldn’t have possibly been MORE done with hearing Anduin’s whiny emo voice/thoughts/character.

Those of you who know me know that I often post that my own headcannon is that Anduin died in The Maw during childbirth, pregnant with Sylvanas’ child…Due to the poor prenatal/perinatal healthcare in The Maw.

I can’t stand his character is there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that we need him to accomplish ANYTHING at this point.

This tells me pretty much everything I need to know about the direction and tone deafness this game is taking.

If the creative directors of this game cared AT ALL about the future of the game - They would have let these old, poorly written characters with TERRIBLE story arcs just retire and solved the old problems with new characters…Ones we aren’t completely burned out on.

4 Likes

Oh no, Wrathion is going to be devastated to hear this.

5 Likes

What did I just read >.>

16 Likes

I don’t know, this is effectivly a new character. Anduin rocking that Young Kenobi look.

I like the idea of a team up between him and Thrall. Two hard-luck heroes saving the world.

3 Likes

I would be open to this if they start by killing Magni and Alleria.

2 Likes

They know, OP. They put Anduin in the teaser specifically so that you, personally, would quit before the expansion drops. The only way to foil their evil plan is to go pre-order right now, and get a year’s subscription while you’re at it.

7 Likes

I’m not super thrilled for Magni, but I’m pretty sure he’s just in there to sell the red herring that the voice everyone is hearing is Azeroth when in all likelihood its Xalatath.

I don’t know you and have decided from this paragraph that I have zero desire to fix that.

6 Likes

A child’s mind on how the story will unfold.

Magni’s just there to mumble forlornly about Tha Woons and then go get tanked with his fellow gem-encrusted dwarves.

He’s our local expert on the voice of Azeroth. He’s gonna be all “Ach! It be Azeroth, I think…But Champion, something just isn’t right! She must be in trouble! We had best do everything this voice tells us, no matter how contrary it may seem to our own best interests!!”

1 Like

Here’s the problem:

Our Heroes

Several of Azeroth’s greatest heroes will rise to the call of the Radiant Song, and many will be faced with their own unique challenges along the way.

• Anduin Wrynn: Having survived his ordeal with Domination, he will grapple with his relationship with the Holy Light that he no longer feels worthy of.
  • Thrall: He is seeking a connection to the visions spreading across the world and working to find his new place within the Horde.
  • Magni Bronzebeard: Long the Speaker of Azeroth, he will confront the heavy weight of that responsibility once and for all.
  • Alleria Windrunner: Her journey will be central to the events and themes of the War Within. She, as a void hunter, must use all of her capabilities to hunt down Xal’atath while being torn between her own nature and the maddening call of the Void to which she is attuned. Along this adventure she will have a unique rivalry with Xal’atath whose twists and turns will come to define the nature of this new conflict.

From the source:

Now, if this means Thrall gets half the action, half the screen time, and half the dialogue, with the remaining half split between the other characters… that might be okay.

But we all know that’s not going to happen.

If Blizzard simply cannot help themselves but put the Alliance characters front and center, hogging the limelight, for expansion, after expansion, after expansion, after expansion… then just start killing them off.

Or fire the writing team.

Or both.

1 Like

somethhing that should have remained on deviantART

2 Likes

Shhhh don’t tell him Sylvanas has been dead since the Third War (back in WC3).

“Magni, the voice is telling me to shop at Hot Topic and make sweet love to bladed weapons!” “It’s all fer Azeroth, Champion.” “Magni, your eyes turned purple and you’re bleeding Old God blood!” “Nae, nae…”

You know what I want to know though? Why doesn’t Khadgar teleport Dalaran over the new expansion zone to be our capital city?

2 Likes

My friend, it will pain you to hear this now, but Anduin’s story will continue past the Saga series and into the future of WoW after version 1 concludes.

However, without giving too much away, he will grow to embody all of our favorite heroes who came before throughout the series and carry on their legacy as we embark on the next 30 years, post Saga.

It’s worth mentioning, that when the story convenes and version 2 begins, Anduin Llane Wrynn will meet his namesake, Stormwinds current King, as the story comes full circle symbolizing the rebirth of WoW.

1 Like

One of Christie Golden’s cats is named Anduin.

Depressing tidbit for today.

LOL wtf

2 Likes

3 Likes

I thought we were on the “We hate your side” part of the rollercoaster ride.