Anduin Lothar LORE Questions, Appearance & Concerns

Hello Guys and Good day so I was thinking and wanted to get ya opinions, answers and ya take on what I’m going to say. Now, Of course, the Topic is About Anduin Lothar. Now I Truly Believe that the Movie warcraft did kinda a good job with portraying the Hero and giving more of a detailed/personal look into Lothar’s younger ages however the movie is Not too accurate Warcraft LORE Wise. Now I personally Feel We Have not seen A SINGLE encounter, cinematic, appearance, or Cinematic fight/fights Of Anduin Lothar in the game or in the games cinematic, not one. Due to the way Anduin Lothar is Portrayed and Described In Warcraft Lore Books & In-game Scrolls/books he’s almost seen as Uther The Lightbringer But For warriors. Yet, other then 1 wack statue with horrible Armor and Low HD quality there’s nothing else on him. This Man Saved Varian and EVEN United the Kingdom of Lordaeron with the elves, dwarves and others into one banner, the Alliance of Lordaeron. Now I’ll leave the questions (LORE GODS/FEANS ANSWER)

#1 Where’s Anduin Lothar’s armor that he last fought with? (speculation says it’s in ironforge and it was the Sentinel armor, however, I’m not sure and need confirmation. I Know King Varian Had His Belt and I’m Kinda Sure It got Disintegrated By The FEL Guld’dan Struck Varian With. So wheres the rest of His Armor??)
#2 Where’s Lothars Body? Lothar’s Body wasn’t disintegrated like Varian Wrynn, So where’s his corpse/remains? Or Maybe Turalyon Knows where it is?? IF so Where did he Bury Lothar?? (speculation and a Comic Book I read suggested that all the Heros are buried under lights Hope Chapel, But no actual source confirms that Lothar’s corpse is under there.)
#3 Did Lothar Got Ganked By the orcs in the Foot Of Blackrock Spire or did Ogrim Doomhammer Smashed and Wanked em in the skull with his hammer? (Note: we got two different Lore/Stories Of this Incident.)
#4 Is Anduin Lothar A friend OF Thoradin/Cousin of Thoradin? (because Lothar Was the Last Living Decent of The Arathi Bloodline.)
#5 Where was Lothar Born?? and where did he Come from?? stormgrade Keep? (Lothar was not born in Stormwind that’s all I know).
#6 Where is quel’zaram?? AKA The Personal sword of Anduin Lothar?? (sources say’s The Blade Of the Brotherhood is quel’zaram Because of its initials saying A.L, yet no WOW LORE/sources Confirms it).
#7 Was Lothar Raised to A Death Knight and we don’t know it? and make an Appearance Later in BFA?? (Pure Curiosity).

Well If I have More Questions I’ll post them Below, For those who don’t know Anduin Lothar is ill Link a Short Video to his Lore (not too descriptive). Anyways GIve me ya answers and thoughts on this matter. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Why does everything need to be thoroughly explained and have all the mystery thrown out the window?

For the long dead characters like Lothar, a healthy amount of ambiguity is good imo. It helps the character keep his whole “mystical hero” status instead of having all the explanations for every little detail bring him down to the same mundane and (imo) disappointing level that Turalyon and Alleria were brought to after patch 7.3.

And anyways, what’s the relevancy? Why do we need to know all this anyways?

4 Likes

Ehhh yea i can see where you coming from bro and i dont blame you. However Anduin Lothar is My favorite character in all of Warcraft and i just want to know for my own personal reasons, to fill in the Gaps of my curiosityies. However If you notice the questions I’m asking isn’t really Thorough, its actually surface LORE, and it’s not really a big of a deal imo. However I do agree with Turalyon and Alleria Being Brought down in 7.3, still tho they had to and were gonna come out eventually tho. :neutral_face: anyways bro, if you can answer some of these questions id appreciate it, if not its ok too. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Well from what I remember, this is about what I know.

We don’t know where exactly he was born, just that he was raised in the Kingdom of Stormwind and is the last true descendant of the Arathi bloodline.

We don’t know where he was buried, all we have is an old picture by Metzan of Turalyon kneeling by his grave.

And all I know about his sword is that Turalyon took it up after it was broken, used it to defeat Doomhammer, and still wields it.

That’s fine Brodie, Gimme all the Info you got so i can download it :laughing::ok_hand:

Hmm fair enough, yea this is all i know too, but im lookin for more info on this one, especially this one, maybe tides of darkness books has more details? i doubt it tho tbh.

WAIIITT!!! HOLLUP!! wheres this picture you claim of seeing??, the old picture by Metzan of Turalyon kneeling by his grave?? any links fam?

Yepp, that i know, as soon as I seen that sword in Legion, i knew it was the Royal sword of Stormwind. It’s strange how he hath not returned the sword to Anduin Wrynn. I secretly want The sword, I wanna steal it from turalyon lol :laughing::laughing::rofl::rofl: (its a secret lol) and wield it.

Blizz’s dumb trust level stuff doesn’t let me post images or links, but if you go to Anduin Lothar’s Wowpedia page, the picture is under the section titled “Legacy and Memorial”

Wow just saw it, ive never seen this and ive searched many wiki’s. So Ok i think that kinda answers 3 questions but leaves 1. So
Answers:
#1 this here disproves that lothar wasn’t buried in lights Hope chapel, like i was told. #2 glad he was buried but here’s the bad part, … he can be raised for a Death Knight and that’ll be VERY VERY DEADLY, a Bad! BAD! mistake from turalyon tbh.
The 1 question left.

• The question is, Ok But where was he buried? Draenor? Outlands?? where turalyon and alleria entered the portal? interesting how this is unfolding bro. :ok_hand:

Was Anduin Lothar gay? He was a confirmed bachelor who would have had women throwing themselves at him his entire life for dat bloodline.

“Though most often appearing emotionless, he is deeply passionate about his friends and countrymen.”

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

lolol :rofl::rofl:, tho interesting lmaooo, lets stick to questions … for now atleast lol.

The Steel Sentinel tidbit is from Hearthstone, which is non-canon. Canonically, we don’t know where his armor is. It was likely buried with him.

We know he has a grave, as official artwork from Metzen depicts Turalyon kneeling next to it, but we’re not sure where it is. Artwork:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Turalyon.jpg

His skull was caved in by Orgrim using the Doomhammer. He was killed in single combat with the Warchief; no other orcs were involved. This affirmed in Tides of Darkness, pg. 352.

He’s related to Thoradin, yes, but we’re not sure how exactly.

The Warcraft II manual, Legends of the Land section states he was born and raised in Stormwind, growing up alongside his childhood friends Llane Wrynn and Medivh. Chronicle Volume 1 supports this.

Quel’Zaram is from the RPG and is non-canon, so it’s not counted officially.

He wielded the Great Royal Sword of Stormwind which was shattered during the Second War and taken up by Turalyon, who apparently lost it soon after. Contrary to popular belief, the sword Turalyon wields to this day is not the same one; A Thousand Years of War confirms that it’s just a reforged sword from the Artificers of the Xenedar, made to look like the Great Royal Sword.

We can loot Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood from Nefarian, inscribed with the initials “A.L.” It seems rather clear that this is meant to be an altered version of Lothar’s sword that Nefarian apparently picked up after the Battle of Blackrock Spire. UVG, pg. 25 affirms it’s generally regarded as the corrupted Lothar’s sword.

Most likely not, as we have no idea where his corpse is and the amount of decay on his body would be rather severe at this point. Plus, to truly kill an undead, you have to crush their brain, and Lothar’s is already crushed.

1 Like

According to Hearthstone, it’s located in the Hall of Explorers in Ironforge.

If Metzen’s artwork from original Warcraft is indicative, buried in a grave.

He was dead at the end of whatever happened.

Thoradin would have been long dead by Lothar’s time.

He was raised in Stormwind, not distinctly said where he was born.

Quel’Zaram is potentially non-canon now, given that it was a creation of the RPG. However, my personal theory is that Ashkandi was formed from the broken blade of Lothar’s sword, while Turalyon’s sword - possibly Quel’Zaram - is from the shattered hilt. So technically, both are still Lothar’s blade in this scenario.

You could say this about literally anyone. Nobody on here will be able to give you an answer on this.

Edit: Alright, well, disregard this, Cannibal did a better job.

2 Likes

1 - We don’t know, though pieces of it being passed down to Stormwind’s Kings may not be a bad tradition considering his close-ness and service to the Stormwind Throne. He may have been buried in it.

2 - 3 Possibilities, but we don’t know for sure. 1, it is buried near his Statue outside Blackrock Spire. Or it is buried with the mass grave of Stormwind’s dead that were recovered when the Second War ended in Elwynn. Or, it may be that large unmarked grave in Stormwind’s Graveyard district marked with the Symbol of Lordaeron to signify his position as the Supreme Commander of the Alliance during the war.

3 - If I remember Warcraft 2 correctly, it was originally a scouting party on the slopes of Blackrock mountain where he and his Knights were then ambushed… That was then retconned to a challenged duel between him and Orgrim Doomhammer to make Doomhammer seem like less of a flat-out villain. Shrug I don’t think it makes him look evil or villainous to ambush the enemy commander who over-extended. Practical and cunning yes, but it was a change to the Lore I don’t think was needed. Regardless… that was how I learned how to type fast, because if you typed in the god mode cheat “It is a good day to die” fast enough you could save Lothar from the catapults.

4 - If I remember correctly… wasn’t Thoradin one of the ancient kings of Stromgarde? Who built that great big wall separating Hillsbrad/Southshore from Arathi?

5 - He was born in Stormwind. Stormwind is a Splinter City-State of the old Arathi Kingdom that had briefly united all the Human tribes, and who’s Capital was Stromgarde. However when the Arathi Kingdom collapsed into the Human Kingdoms we know of today many of its nobles left to Stormwind. Lothar was the last male-born descendant of the line of Arathor, to whom the High Elves owed a Blood Debt for his assistance in the Troll Wars, and why Lothar was appointed to lead the Alliance Army by King Terenas. With Lothar leading the Army, he was able to call on that Debt and involve the Elves… who only sent their Ranger General (Alleria Windrunner) and a few of Her chosen Rangers to aid the Alliance in answer to that Call. (Hence my own personal meme of… Everytime the Elves refuse to fully Help the Alliance, their Capital gets burned to the ground or their people get massacred.) I also say last male-born, as the Warcraft Movie revealed that Lothar’s Sister married Llane and thus made Varian Lothar’s Nephew. Depending on the inheritence/succession laws though… that may not make him heir to the Ancient line of Arathi Kings… but may have been the lever he was using on Lor’themar to try and get them to break with the Horde and rejoin the Alliance.

6 - If you’re referring to the sword he used during the second War. Turalyon, his Lieutenant during the war, has it. It was broken in his fight with Orgrim Doomhammer, and taken up by Turalyon who then used it to defeat Orgrim.

7 - We don’t know, but highly unlikely.

You do understand that Anduin Lothar died during the events of the RTS game, the Second War, specifically?

He was sort of a godfather to the young Varian who would eventually name his son after him.

1 Like

The heck. A lothar thread and I’m 14 HOURS LATE

With the end of the Arathi throne itself, that kind of makes it moot.

1 Like

i can’t believe that there isn’t a statue of the damn lion of azeroth in stormwind.

his simbol literally represent the current alliance.

and… i hope that we don’t find his body or i have the feeling that he maybe can be raised from the dead, one of the greatest heros in the history not only of the alliance, but also of azeroth is raised from the dead… and i can see blizzard doing something like that.

oh, wait, i bet that we will find out that he had a secret child or something like that since blizzard loves retconning so much.

1 Like

hmm interesting. That answers the question 99%, and it makes sense if his armor was buried along with em, but I kinda doubt it because Lothars belt Was taken from him and taken by some gladiator band stuff in which varian Won and took it. So i speculate that IF the belt was taken, so was Much of his other armor. We’re talking about A mythical HERO of the Human kingdom, who wouldn’t like his armor right lol.

hmmm, VERY Very interesting, I saw it too and I’m like Holy smokes, that makes a lot of sense, so This answers Question #2. Now All I’m asking Now for this question is Where was he buried then? (like I know you don’t Know but if anyone else does id appreciate it)

Interesting, its what I’ve read so far, But as far As I last read, in the stormwind Planning room There’s a table and or I think it was in iron forge. ANd in one of the tables, there’s a book regarding the second war and it said Lothar was Ambushed by a group of orcs. So again we have 2 versions, and no one knows what happened really. This part is the only thing that’s kinda confusing. But this answers question number 3. Tho The book confirms it we need turalyon to confirm it.

Knew it man, Now this is getting goood bro, See now I’m definitely curious. BLIZZARD COME THRU AND ANSWER THIS PLEASE!!, thank you!!.

Nice, this answers the question then. But, So HOLLUP!!, so if he was born and raised in Stormwind, then I’ve gotta ask where did his parents come from? Stormgrade?? If he’s related to Thoradin, where did they come from then?

hmm interesting, So which RPG was it that quel Zaram was used at?

Hmm yet in legion I see a shattered sword, which is quite logical that is the great royal sword of stormwind, i dont think its lost.

wait what??!?! :rofl::rofl: lolol HOLD on!!, Ok ok ok, you deff need to look for this A thousand years of war Confirmation, im in total disbelief lmaoo, why would turalyon make a borken sword lol? see my point? it doesn’t make much sense.

Ok but where did you get this info bro, and who are the artificiers of The Xendar?

What’s “UVG , pg. 25”? because when I go to the WIKI it says that the Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood is not confirmed YET to be the sword of Lothar. And you say it was picked up after the battle of Blackrock spire right? but wasn’t he wielding The great royal sword of Stormwind at that battle? and maybe the ashkandi is the corrupted version of Quel ZARAM perhaps?? … very interesting.

Hmm but we have Seen a Trollbane Dead (Old King) being raised to a DK in our DK campaign from legion I think. So i doubt decay has nothing to do with it. However, this does answer the question since Lothar’s skull was crushed… damnit … tragic. :neutral_face:

There isn’t an answer, so I wouldn’t hold my breath for one.

Not quite.

The Strategy Guide account says that Lothar’s forces were outnumbered, and then mentions Milan’s unit arriving later to find Lothar already dead. No direct account of his death.

The Beyond the Dark Portal manual and Legends of the Land accounts state that Doomhammer cut down Lothar in battle and then retreated to Blackrock Spire where Turalyon hunted him down and defeated him.

All accounts of Lothar’s death post-WC III state that Lothar was slain in one-on-one battle with Doomhammer, and as lore operates on a new > old basis, this is the current canon.

We don’t know who his parents were, but could’ve been Stromic, yes.

Quel’Zaram was described in Shadows & Light, pg. 172, which was decanonized in 2011.

A Thousand Years of War, pg. 18, “After a few years, he had worked with the Xenedar’s smiths to forge a new weapon, a sword imbued with holy power. That meant he needed to train relentlessly to master it.”

Here’s a link:

Xenedar is a floating naaru fortress and the capital of the Army of the Light, the faction of Lightforged draenei that Turalyon ended up commanding and leading against the Burning Legion in the time-twisted Twisting Nether for 1,000 years.

Artificers are a profession used by draenei that essentially means smiths.

Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 25.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/World_of_Warcraft:_Ultimate_Visual_Guide,_Updated_and_Expanded

There’s your first issue. Never ever ever use Wowwiki. It’s a garbage website that hasn’t been consistently updated since 2008, and all of its frequent moderators moved to Wowpedia in 2006. It’s a cesspool if misinformation and unsourced fanon. Use this website for all your lore needs:
Wowpedia.org

Quel’Zaram is not canon, it never existed.

Trollbane was preserved in a crypt. Lothar was simply buried, and by this point, 27 years later, his body is no more. Corpses decay fully between 8 to 12 years when buried.

1 Like

Yepp Possible, however like if his belt was taken, what makes you think the SHoulder plates etc. wasn’t? see?

Interesting, However i doubt he was buried at Blackrock, the horde would desecrate that tomb. But I do believe however that he was bruied in stormwind. I Can however see that unmarked grave in Stormwind’s Graveyard district marked with the Symbol of Lordaeron to signify his position as the Supreme Commander of the Alliance during the war being his grave, very good pointer bro 100% agree. Who from lordearon died That had a connection to lordearon? and was buried in stormwind? i know arthas wasnt, lol right then who none other then lothar, very interesting bro.

I agree that change wasn’t needed fam, they shoulda stuck to the ambush, The fact that doomhammer killed em supposive in a single combat makes em look weak ye know, mystical Hero’s should die a Heros Death, fighting a 100V1, or 1000 men V 1, like for instance Spartacus or Gannicus or Achilles ye know. So they messed up with that. And damn I wish I would’ve played Warcraft 2, however, if I do its trash graphics I bet lmaoo :rofl::rofl:

Yepp you right, thats him, Thoradin built stormgrade and was the original owner of it.

Yea Lothar was pretty smart in his business I cannot lie. Very interesting, so again I’m going to assume Lothars parents came from Stormgrade keep and moved to Stormwind, until further notice.

yepp that i know, but yea pretty much.

I’m aware yes, i know interesting non the less.

Well crap, welcome to the party :rofl::rofl::clap::clap::ok_hand:

i can see em kinda being the heir, but who knows tbh.But Trollbane is the heir tho tbh.

You GONNA TELL ME !?!?!? I’ve been saying this for a VERY VERY VERY Long time bro, like they wallen. LOTHAR is like TALOS AKA TIBER SEPTIM From Skyrim, like WHYYYYYYY they don’t have em on Stormwind? like yo, blizzard be Crazy sometimes lol. If he’s raised from the dead it’ll be HELL in azeroth bro, that’s all I’m going to say, knowing that he’s a decendance from the arathi bloodline which makes em stronger the humans now? it’s over bro, and I don’t doubt blizzard would do something like that tbh (to be honest).

:rofl::rofl::rofl: i was thinking the same thing not even an hour ago fam.

im gonna hope and wait and see bro, but i do beleive you. :slight_smile:

Now Answering Cannibal:

Wait so?? then this means that he was outnumbered but at the same time no one saw what happened? according to the strategy guide account? interesting. But then The Beyond the Dark Portal manual and Legends of the Land accounts state that Doomhammer cut down Lothar in battle? yo this crazy blizzard man lolol.

Yea very true, Then i guess “doom hammer” squashed em, tho like i said id prefer a mythical Hero to die a Heros death, not a tragic trash one lol, but fair enough.

Fair enough. :ok_hand:

deconized? wa you mean? erased? anyways ill have to look that up.

OHHh wooowww, interesting, But MOTHER (you know what), Lost the royal sword of stormwind???!?!?! is HE SERIOUS RN!! :-1::-1::thinking::rage:. But interesting nontheless. Also do me a favor and link Shadows & Light , pg. 172 if you can, or what it says, thanks.

Makes sense, damn bro your good at Lore

. :ok_hand::ok_hand::clap::clap: Props to you truly, i aprreciate it, truly was my mistake. Thanks for this info.

O.o Then why is it in Lore?? If it didn’t exist? (i swear blizzard, they twist maaa things).

Sad, but very true, but maybe use his bones as forsaken? lmaoo nah im kidding, but it is possible. Very well put tho.

Decanonized means unofficialized. It’s no longer official so everything in it can be discarded.

I don’t own the book since it doesn’t count for anything. It’s basically considered a fan fiction at this point.

Because it was in lore at one point, back when the RPG books were canon, but their information conflicted with other sources so often that Blizzard decided in 2011 to make them all decanonized, or unofficial.

I’m glad you’re asking a lot of questions and getting into the lore. This is a great example of the frustrations a lot of us have with it, though; it’s confusing, it contradicts itself and Blizzard chooses the rule of cool over logic every time.

1 Like