Anduin Lothar LORE Questions, Appearance & Concerns

How much of his power comes from his solar panel?

1 Like

Makes sense, blizzard needs to clear alot of this bs up tho tbh.

Em you are correct About the Book having The Ashkandi blade as one of Lothars weapons, It says quote “These artifacts have been lost, cursed, Blessed, Corrupted, And restored and many of them are sure to play a significant role in the future events.” so this was on the right side of the page above the lich king picture. On the right side, it says quote "And Ashkandi great sword of the brotherhood, Rumored to have belonged to Sir Anduin Lothar. That’s it so I’m going to assume Blizzard Is confirming that it does belong to Anduin Lothar since they have written that in the book alone. Nice job cannibal.

Woowowowow lol Blizzard, BLIZZARD BLIZZAARDDD >_<, :rage::rage::rage::laughing::laughing: i swear they really confusing. Like Lothar is Like Tiber Septim In skyrim AKA TALOS, like he has to have huge lore behind em, i don’t get it like wow, and then everything is unofficial too? ohhh no.

deff man I had to, i was left no choice, since I play arms warrior I thought id do Myself a righteous favor and learn about the best warrior that Lived in Azeroth, Not this “ODYN” Nordic thing like lol.

yeah, yeah it’s ridiculous, Like I myself have had these questions built up over time, and I decided that it was time to Unleash the dragon and ask those who know. I can truly now see the light of the frustrations and confusions a ton of people have about all this, and I’ve noticed the pattern where “cool” is over logic every time, and I hate to say this … that’s kinda a female thing/Beta thing to do to a game to actually choose feelings/Emotions, Political correctness and “coolness” Over logic, rationality, discipline, Lore, and relevancy. Blizzard has Some mess to look after LORE-Wise, like its honestly all over the place. The less interesting crap they put more detail in, like why so backward??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::neutral_face:

idk you tell me :neutral_face::rofl:

Because Metzen decided that at one point, presumably because they were going out of print anyway that to prevent confusion, He did to the books what Disney did to the Star Wars EU. The books drew heavily from the RTS depiction of the world and Blizzard was going to make changes to the RTS canon.

2 Likes

ahh so blizzard just changed it to be down with the trends correct? and not confuse people? correct me if im wrong.

If you want to amuse yourself some day, take a look at what passed for game maps when the first RTS incarnation of this game came out. No one at the time thought it would be a franchise that would span decades. No one even imagined it going multi-player.

The expansion of the franchise meant that there were going to be lore changes to fit the evolution.

Quite the opposite, actually. The RPG was a departure from what made WoW, WoW. It was an attempt at bridging the D&D community into their own universe and actively contradicted pre-existing lore to fit with a universe it wasn’t unique to.

What happened was, as they continued their own narrative, they kept doing the things that made WoW unique; that didn’t line up with the RPG. They battled with players for years trying to keep it official so they wouldn’t have to remove so much material from their “official” line of books, but they caved, stating this in 2011:

The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2721372142

What you mean by RTS? i mean id like to amuse myself sure, you got any links so i can see the game maps?

I see, makes sense.

Wow, very interesting so far.

:neutral_face: wow so basically its a battle blizzard is having with their first games and RPG’s to try and link it up with the Current wow, interesting. And of course blizzard have to cave in, players and customers are always right :laughing::relieved:.

Wow … blizzard, so basically They tried to make the actual WOW game expansions as the LEgit Official lore of Warcraft/World of Warcraft, rather than their RPG (original Warcraft lore). No wonder i myself was so confused with the damn ambush at the blackrock spire and it being switched to ogrim doomhammer smashin anduin lothars skull … PFff… :relieved:

The original incarnation of Warcraft is defined as a Real Time Strategy game.

2 Likes

You have any links of those maps, or photos on google or anything? or tell me what to write in google so i can see em/

It was later retconned in books, that they more like met in battle, where Orgrim beat him in a duel.

In the books Anduin is often referred to as the last living descendant. Thoradin was a straight up Arathi King, but like back in the “barbarian” tribal human days. So Anduin would be a descendant of Thoradin.

and the movie didn’t do his actual look justice, as long as we’ve “known” him he’s been older, senior, balding, with gray hair.

I’ve always hoped for more references of him in game, especially since Varian named his son after him. Turalyon was a close friend of his during the war, so I thought we’d get something when he came back, but nope :frowning:

yepp, i realized, its tragic they changed it tho.

Makes sense, and thats why he was so powerful lol.

true, but who knows maybe the movie did him in his younger days tho. and yea true.

same but … yea blizzard lol, always screwing around with lore …

i was trullyyy!! hoping for it … but nope we all got screwed … :confused:

Considering the Horde had his belt, they probably have the rest of his armour somewhere in Orgrimmar as well.

honestly, we don’t know. I mean, the Horde has his belt. They may have taken the body. Otherwise I’d presume its burried in Stormwind.

As others have said, the official version is that Orgrim killed him one on one.

The in game book saying he was ambush may just be Alliance propaganda.

Lothar was born in Stormwind, he’s just a descendent of Thoradin. His family left Stromgarde generations ago.

Non-canon.

No.

1 Like

There were two editions of D20 WOW, the first one based on D&D 3.0 was pretty much tied to the RTS. The second edition which used the 3.5 mechanics moved into Burning Crusade and had a lot of Northrend elements as well.

Did you really need to necro this thread to reply to yourself from 2 or more months ago?

Honestly it never made any sense to me that Anduin was an old man in the lore. Considering he was around the same age as Medivh and King Llane. Who would’ve been around their mid to late 30’s by the time of the first war. As they were described as “childhood friends”.

If anything, the movie version of him lines up better with the ever changing timeline. Only Khadgar was magically aged when they went to confront medivh in the lore.

I am aware that Lore did say he was born 51 years prior to the first war, but who knows if that is still considered canon.

1 Like