Anduin Lore Problem

By the end of this current TWW campaign, I feel he has moved on and is fine. He will obviously go full-light mode by the end.

You heard it here folks, attempted murder isn’t a crime because it’s not successful murder

Given what we know of the Jailer it’s pretty easy to assume

Even before the Shadowlands were a concept, nearly every belief system in the WoW universe had some sort of afterlife. As far as we’re aware at this point in time, there is no afterafterlife. Garrosh and Arthas are gone, period, their souls burnt up entirely

Attempted murder while MC’d
Bro if someone is literally mind controlling you, then it isn’t a crime you are guilty of
Otherwise he would’ve been shipped down the the Maw with Sylvanas by judgment from the Arbiter, not by self-choice

Everything else you posted is just bait, not replying

Who cares about crimes? It’s very possible to have trauma from something you had no power over or be convicted of in law.

If Anduin was killing things in the Shadowlands, he can stop crying, they were already dead. Besides, that expansion was horrible, dude should have gotten a medal of service lol.

“Bro you never even shot anyone yourself why do you have PTSD from the military?”

This is clearly on topic with the conversation being had here regarding Anduin’s objectively bad character design in The War Within expansion for World of Warcraft.

1 Like

You seem to not understand what the word “objectively” means

No I do, his character design is objectively bad.

Just like the lore of shadowlands is objectively bad.

You can also stop replying at this point

No, really; stop typing

There you go, good boy

Woop here we go again, what tangent shall we take this time

Well you’re right about one thing at least, Shadowlands was bad. However, it still happened, and with its context in mind, Anduin’s actions in the War Within make sense, given that he clearly has trauma and ptsd from what happened

But you, as someone who seemingly can’t comprehend trauma, are a “dude just stop being sad lol” type, and as you cannot connect with Anduin’s character arc, decide to present your subjective opinion as objective fact

Lady Liadrin did some horrible stuff and it didn’t stop her from using the light after she had her chat with A’dal it instead made her connection to the light stronger. There’s also lore examples of undead priests still retaining their connection to the light and their ability to use it despite the fact that using the Light burns them. It makes this whole emo thing about not wanting to use the light pretty nonsensical

Especially since they’re all already dead and in spirit form.

That bothered me that they could be “killed”. Seems like you’d be immune once you died and went there. hm.

1 Like

Nor did I ever say Stephen King writes about PTSD. What he writes about are characters that have depth, not characters that are either 100% good guys or 100% bad guys. As I said, and apparently you skipped over this part, his good guys have flaws and his bad guys have a weird type of charm.

Likewise having a hero like Anduin who has flaws and a villain like Xal’atath, is a move in that direction.

1 Like

He didn’t have the trauma because of that. This has been said over and over again here in the forum. It turns out: That’s not true at all.

He has the trauma because he believes he liked causing harm.

I skip over most of the things you say because usually it’s nonsense.

IIRC, his soul was merged with Arthas. He essentially ‘lived’ the PoV of Arthas’s worst moments along with having this feeling of watching himself do things he did not want to do and being unable to stop it.

This made me audibly GROAN. If I rolled my eyes any harder, I’d see my brain. They just can’t stop writing undeserved, melodramatic GARBAGE.

1 Like

The fallacy of ad hominem, if you can’t attack the message, attack the messenger. Basically you made up your own claim to what I said, attacked that, then when that didn’t work you attacked me. But the point still stands.

One thing that made Stephen King great was adding depth to his characters. His heroes have flaws and his villains have a weird sort of charm. They are not the flat 100% good guy, 100% bad guy that you usually see in video games.

The context here is that people don’t like Anduin because he is a hero with flaws.

Again, what in the hell does Stephen King and logical fallacies have to do with Anduin’s character design in the War Within.

Why do I have to redirect the conversation back to the thread topic every 3 replies that occur in this thread?

Ok so this would actually fit quite well here, but there’s no evidence that Arthas’ memories/emotions remained inside Anduin. He never once referenced Stratholme, Northrend, King Terenas or the Eastern Kingdoms. But to your credit I do think this would fit well

Anduin’s story is an example of an improvement in video game writing. Rather than having heroes that are 100% good guy and villains that are 100% bad guy he is a flawed hero, similar to the heroes in Stephen King’s writing.

People are always complaining about bad writing in WoW so here is an example of giving characters depth and turns out people don’t seem to want good writing.

1 Like