Anduin Lore Problem

It depends. If it’s well-written, such themes can indeed be engaging. In FF14, themes like self-hatred and even suici***appear on screen, and the way they are portrayed is quite gripping.

However, the quality took a dive in the post-Endwalker patches after they changed writers and partnered with SBI… but before that, there were some very dark moments that had their own appeal.

Unfortunately, we haven’t really seen that in WoW. Honestly, I also find it hard to feel sympathy for Anduin.
Yes, I’m aware that he was probably the biggest care bear in all of Azeroth before, and it must be particularly harsh for someone like him to be controlled and forced into evil acts… but in the end, it wasn’t even his fault, and instead of making amends, he just abandons his people completely for an entire expansion.

I didn’t even say what his trauma was in that post, I was just clarifying that ‘being charged for commiting a crime’ holds nothing on his personal view, that law does not equal morals.

He’s the worst part of the expansion

Well, not to derail the thread myself, but I suspect people are going to have, uh…

… Interesting opinions of the new Mythic +.

But he’s certainly not great, and sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise cool story

Domination magic is literally a metaphor for trauma. It’s why pretty much every Forsaken character has some form of emotional disorder, including Sylvanas. Being dominated disrupts the fabric of your being and how your soul is connected to your body and your sense of who “you” are.

Anduin is broken up about what he did, but it’s not that easy to say “I was just mind controlled” and not be effected by it at all.

1 Like