Anduin is broken

My mental DIY is the equivalent of Amelia Bedelia. Thus your exquisite analogy is lost on me.

Also I have no hearts and I must like: :blue_heart:

What i want to know is how did all this mental pain make him go from a blonde, to ginger/brown.

…and also how it made him look like a 55 year old Cal Kestis. o_O

:slight_smile:

I was really trying to go for a neutral look. I feel like if anyone between the Horde and Alliance would be the first ones to take the step to go shoulder to shoulder it would be paladins.

#ForAzeroth

2 Likes

Good point. Depends on if the paladins believe more in the Light itself or in their system of beliefs about the Light. If the former, definitely, they would group together, but if the second, they will be the most vehement of enemies.

1 Like

TBF I would cry if I was constantly stuck in the shadowlands expansion too

your mother dies when youre young, your father is missing for a long time, your a kid all alone but the ruler of a kingdom. Dads back oh wait nope hes dead. Deadlands? dont even see daddy, plus get tortured by the devil and mind controlled to hurt your friends. At this point who wouldnt be broken. Child trauma untamed can be a wild ride. The pressure to persue in your fathers foot steps when he was legendary yet times have changed. None of this is easy. Especially when you have anxiety like Manduin does.

1 Like

he has to be damaged…
so he can heal-up and avenge!
keep that character arc vital…
every hero’s journey includes
a nadir of hopelessness and doubt…
just remember one thing…
“Light is with me…even here!”

People dont understand what PTSD does to a person (because we all know azeroth doesnt have pharma companies so theres no pills there :slight_smile: )

On a serious note people really really dont understand what PTSD can do to a person and im talking real PTSD not the kind i see many people saying they have them !

2 Likes

Agreed watching the cinematic you can feel it. Really sad indeed.

1 Like

I don’t really care for lore, but I’m interested to see how this version of Anduin is going to play out.

Does Azeroth have therapy?

Love the fragile masculinity from some of y’all

1 Like

He’s been a little baby for many expansions, how long do they need the man to cry and be all pathetic for to make his story better?

Possible. With the Tauren I could see that. Anshe is not the same. Elves though, after the rebirth of the Sunwell should be aligned with the light a little more truly.

With Calia now on the Forsaken council, i think it would be cool (even if ita just barbershop) to have light-risen forsaken.

1 Like

I say we throw Anduin in a volcano and pretend he never existed, thrown baine in there too.

Ngl, I’ve never been so turned off by a main character. Thrall was so much cooler in the WW cinematic. I’m not saying its wrong for grown men to cry. ofc let it out emotions are fine… but to have your grown man main character in a WAR themed mmorpg a crying yelling mess… is annoying. All of my toons are 50/50 alliance and horde… but that cinematic definitely wants me to claim horde-leaning. cringe

What self esteem? Lmao

He’s never had his stuff together in the first place.

Baines is cool especially because he went though a near parallel story to anduin but is still a reliable character that isn’t an emotional wreck.

Anything I don’t like is fragile masculinity. :clown_face:

The last Human leader character we had, that I liked, turned out to be a Dragon and we had a raid to kill her… So I’m not particularly a fan of how The Alliance leadership is going right now… Hell, I’d take the Arbiter as an Alliance faction leader than what other options we have going for the top spot…

Will there ever be a strong male lead again ??? With this group I think not.