Anduin is broken

Everyone in trade chat is trying to convince me Wrathion can fix him, but idk.

The thing is though, he’s been crying throughout his story. I can see Legion. But in BFA, yyyeeeaahhh. It’s ALL he does now

It’s old and stupid

I know most people these days have the attention span and patience of a goldfish, and know nothing about story telling, but it’s kinda hard to have character development and a character arc if the character is just a straight line. You don’t think all of this is possibly leading to him becoming something greater?

2 Likes

Because only his dwarven female friend he had secret meetings in Goldshire can help him.

Or Sylvanas because she’s bound to have some good coping techniques since she’s been wondering the Maw with a judgemental owl looking at her. (Think of it like Cast Away, yeah she’s surviving like Tom Hanks, put slowly loosing her sanity due to not having any contact except for Wilson, or the owl.)

hes been this way for years lol

Anduin hasn’t given birth to six children, I think he’ll be okay

It’s realistic that different people respond to things differently.

I disagree that it changed drastically but agree that a small group of malcontents look for any excuse to claim blizzard is all woke and terrible now, which is so overused at this point that it’s becoming boring.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment, it is a bit different for a Paladin. Originally I was looking for a pink outfit to wear and I landed in this. It’s really grown on me.

You look much more like a heroic Paladin would!

1 Like

For him it could of been longer, we already know time in Shadow lands doesnt work the same way as it does in the mortal realms

1 Like

You don’t know what he’s been through in Thorgast

1 Like

Anduin be looking like Jesse pinkman from Breaking Bad. Even the way he trembles reminds me of it. I just can’t unsee it.

has anyone tried turning him off and then back on yet?

so anyway, I understand that he’s been through #### and still hasn’t recovered from it yet.
the problem is that after having him shoved in my face throughout BFA and SL is that I simply don’t care anymore and want him to remain GONE from the story, possibly for the rest of the entire existence of the game.

I want everyone involved in SL to just vanish forever so I can continue to pretend it doesn’t exist in my personal canon I run with all my characters.

Sadly Blizzard is intent on spit-polishing this turd of a story when the way out was right there. Sure it all being an old-god induced dream is kind of cheap but better than leaving it in and for once they could say they really got the players and fooled them and even pretend they totally intended to do it all along and it was all their great writing and all this other nonsense so they never have to swallow their pride but also get to fix the game’s story.

Imagine you yanked all the people of the world to an afterlife, maybe even afterlives that conform to their religion. How many of them would be content after being sent back even if it was exactly as they believed it would be and would go about their lives normally? Now how many would be able to cope if it was nothing at all like what they expected, was absolutely terrible, no grace, no magic, no goodness, and they had to cope with the looming dread, fear, intense anxiety, and feeling of betrayal and hopelessness about going back to that place and having their spiritual beliefs torn from them and shredded. Because that’s what the writers did to the denizens of Azeroth most casually and then walked away and ignored it or acted like it was fine and life goes on without much change. Just incredible.

What I’m saying is, more characters should be moping around like Anduin, maybe not as bad but badly enough the world should now suck and there should be all kinds of strife over these revelations. There should be people very angry, lots of people drinking themselves to death, lots like Anduin in despondency, lots of people going around in a daze, probably lots looking to find a way to kill themselves with fel magic so they can escape the horrible, badly written machine. There should be mass movements of denial, crusades against those who claim the Shadowlands are real and report what Blizz wrote there as happening by united bands of those true believers, the angry, the afraid, and those who simply find an incredulous and badly written thing like that too incredulous to believe.

Yet none of this was considered. Anduin suffers yet the suffering of everyone else is handwaved away without a second thought. And this is supposed to be an RPG.

The whole what sword thing, indicative of uncaring, untalented, or both writers who either delight too much in tormenting their players to give a straight answer of “we’ll get to it later, maybe probably” and/or who are embarrassed by the fact they don’t have plans or clear thoughts so mock people who ask questions to try and understand the world their characters are supposed to exist in.

3 Likes

Some dark implications here, but I’m tracking. When you go that far narratively, how do you walk it back? How do you approach more mundane things when you’ve defeated / worked with entities on the same scale as titans - the eternal ones, the pantheon of death - in a realm entirely unlike anything we’ve experienced?

We didn’t even work with the well-established Titans to the same degree, and even in an encounter with them, we all died. (did we did in Sepulcher? I…didn’t play that…)

2 Likes

People seem to forget what Varian went through, and he didn’t act like this. Didn’t need to. Went back to Stormwind to get stuff done. His character development was great

Anduin has a couple cinematics now where he cries. Let’s stop pretending like this is needed to have sort of great character development

3 Likes

Anduin has always been a weak man. He’s never been represented like his father.

That is because he is not like his dad. He is more empathetic and kind than say varian was.

2 Likes

Ha!

A hero has to do something that matters.

Shadowlands wasn’t it.

I guess that’s a nicer way to put it, instead of just calling him a weak crybaby.

1 Like

Anduin is broken

Aren’t we all? Broken people who fix themselves become more. Perhaps Anduin is about to become more.

1 Like