And that kids is why sharding is unacceptable

Yes. Yes it is.

Sharding is worse. If you don’t understand why, then nobody can help you. You’ll just have to take it on faith.

3 Likes

No. No it isn’t.

Your not going to change there mind. Just don’t bother.

2 Likes

sharding has no place in classic. starting zones included.

interacting competing and interfacing with other people is what made vanilla great.

any reduction in the amount of people you have to interact with is against the spirit of this project.

if they do sharding it better only be for the first week or 2 and only in the starting zone.

this isnt something we should budge on.

2 Likes

Yep. Exactly what I want.

if they do it we need to hold them to a timeframe that we as a customer base will allow without the theatrics we usually do unless they break their promise and then it should be hellfire and brimstone.

1-2 weeks max. and never outside the starting zones.

What happens when Johnny who only cares about himself and sees all those other players in an MMO only as obstacles in his way as he tries to play a solo game in a multiplayer environment leaves the starting area and can’t complete quests as quickly as he wants? Or when he still thinks he has all those “obstacles” in his way a month or more after release?

2 Likes

It’s why it’s imperative that Blizzard doesn’t give any validity or credence to that mentality, which means no sharding of any kind.

1 Like

then johnny can come back to the starting area or he can quit. doesnt bother me either way.

Sharding doesn’t and never has removed all other players from the game.

You might be confusing phasing with sharding.

I don’t disagree.

Others, though, have already started to advocate sharding being extended well beyond the starting areas and well beyond launch. Some seem to want sharding to be used anytime they feel the game is not “convenient enough” for them or their are "too many ‘obstacles’ " in their way.

No, I am not confusing sharding with phasing. We have already seen videos of people practically alone, even though there are dozens of people in the same area, but in different shards.

You can try to deny or downplay that all you want, but you cannot simply wave your hand and “pooh pooh” those videos away.

We all know that you have an agenda to see Classic made as far from vanilla as possible by any means since you lost your battle to prevent it from being made in the first place.

2 Likes

Dear weird elf and troll with many bad opinions, sharding is dumb. Know what you can do instead of competing with hundreds of people in the starting zone on launch day? Leave the starting zone. Get XP by exploring, or form a group and kill higher level mobs.

Tons of us will enjoy the experience despite any lag and crashes and gasp inefficiency, tons of people will be happy to wait a while for it to calm down, and hopefully tons of spoonfed crybabies like you will be completely put off and never touch classic again. You are everything we are trying to be rid of.

1 Like

So what you’re saying is you’ll also enjoy the experience with sharding?

1 Like

I’m saying you’re the minority dog. Server health from sharding? How is a server that’s going to be deserted by the people who actually want the game healthy?

1 Like

How did Vanilla ever survive without sharding?

3 Likes

i mean crap, the BC launch survived without sharding and there was 8 million people in the game at that time, both factions going from one zone into another zone.
none of this split by faction and 3 starting zones per faction thing.

7 Likes

And that was on 2007 hardware.

:cocktail:

1 Like

i played on a pvp server to boot. i don’t think anyone got anything done for the first couple hours as it was just a pvp fest.

1 Like