And that kids is why sharding is unacceptable

Oh, I see. Your argument is based around an assumption. Cool…

3 Likes

And yours is based on an opinion. Cool…

They didn’t have enough servers ready to meet the demand when Vanilla launched, so at worst it would be the same situation.

They had to stop selling the game multiple times to prevent more players from joining.

1 Like

Launch is the best time to make friends that last a long time. Sharding kills that.

6 Likes

So, it’s just an opinion that Vanilla survived without sharding??

6 Likes

As someone who quit the main game after BFA (actual quit, not a long break) yet plan on trying classic realms if Blizzard doesn’t screw them up, this makes me sad to see. Blizzard is already screwing them up.

Sure shading might not effect gameplay in the sense of changing mechanics, it drastically effects the game experience and in a way completely contrary to what people who like vanilla want.

Blizzard take the hit of overcrowding for the first few days, it will be worth it in the long run.

4 Likes

They haven’t confirmed they’re using sharding even in the early levels. It’s just an option they’re considering. So by all means let them know it’s not something you want to see. I’m right there with you…well, unless I get sharded.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

What server was this

Burning crusade did. And it did just fine.

2 Likes

BC had queue times, in some cases bad ones and even with that still suffered from stability issues at launch.

1 Like

I had no such issues during launch of bc.

3 Likes

BC was also already segregated into too many servers, so experience would certainly vary by realm.

1 Like

Guess so it wasn’t lagy when on day 1 for me, only time I had issues in bc was when the servers stopped saving data where you level up 3 levels resest 3 levels behind repeat walk by someone doing the same shadow priest vs shadow priest I won every time despite same level and his voodoo mask.

That is competition…, what you think everything needs to be where it says it will be. Guess what mmorpg. No sharding ever should be in classic at all. Fight to get on, fight to get quest, fight to kill mobs, fight to get gear, fight to live, and whatever.

Vanilla was no hand holding or very limited . Shouldn’t have no hand holding in classic.

Retail players I can see will thin quickly. I hope so anyway. Watching some streams on demo made me lol.

4 Likes

OTOH, standing in the starting zones with 1000 other people all tring to kill the same mob isn’t fun either. 100X more so if we have old respawn rates…

1 Like

It’s part of the game. Higher bounty on forums. Hell wtf do you think a lot of bounties came from in vanilla? Same gd faction because you did someone dirty.

Sounds like a blast to me. That’s why I’m playing an mmorpg. I’m not playing it to steamroll through quests. There’s a million games that let me do that already. Hell, BfA does that. Classic should offer something radically different. It should be about the community. It should be about social interaction. That’s what sets it apart.

2 Likes

There is nothing social about hundreds of people trying to kill a handful or boar spawns.

1 Like

Someone who has that “ME, ME, ME” instant (figure of speech, not literally instant) gratification, convenience oriented mindset that is so prevalent in retail, sees all those other players as obstacles in their way and is concerned only about themselves, will be unable to see the opportunities for social interaction that abound in situations such as the one you describe.

Those with a classic mindset who desire that truer classic experience and community, however, will not only see and welcome those opportunities for social interaction, but will make the most of those opportunities.

3 Likes