Ancient camera bug still present

Why is this in General… Because it’s freaking ancient.

It’s subtle, but easy to reproduce.
The trigger is any kind off vehicle (think even dragonflight can trigger it).

And the effect is that after using a vehicle, the camera will start to behave strangely, as it’s forward position is still based off the vehicle camera rather than player camera. And the bug persists until the UI reloads.

Again, this damn bug has been in the game probably since wrath.

Example: Dragon Riding (+all "vehicles") Break the UI/Camera

2 Likes

…and still broken.

Did the goblin intro recently for the starter gear, and god damn the car you get there puts the bug on full display…

Exactly, should be in bug report

Tried. Didn’t get fixed in 10 years.

Does it happen when you disable all your addons? Have you tried clearing the WTF folder (make sure to make a copy of it beforehand in case it doesn’t fix it)?

The bug is over 10 years old, have been present on multiple different devices with and without addons.

As i mentioned over, do the goblin intro. When you get the vehicle, use it and enjoy having your camera spasm all over the place when you exit it.

Every vehicle triggers this.

1 Like

I personally have never encountered this issue, just trying to help >>;

You know that in the engine blizzard uses, some stuff is not corrected because they realized that correcting it will be as much work ad making a whole new engine, so they simply wont.

If your topic was “Ancient Bug Still present” 1000 messages would not be enough to mention all of them.

It has happened to me a couple times when I zone into a dungeon/raid while dragonflying.

/reload ui clears it immediately.

1 Like

Guess my apologies with the tone.

But yeah, i doubt that you haven’t encountered it since it’s so subtle. In most cases you have just though it was your hand slipping when moving the camera.

But whenever your camera suddenly shots to the sides when moving it’s most likely this post vehicle bug.

However this bug affect dragonflying too since they a vehicles, which is a major feature for this expansion and possibly future ones. So it should be something critical to fix.

Especially since one of the most important things in a video game is good and consistent controls.

Because all other bugs do not right. LOL

Just for clarity, the bug OP is experiencing is actually a mouse-look issue that applies to more than vehicles. It has been around since vanilla; pre-vehicle implementation.

Interesting, don’t think I’ve ever experienced this bug.

I definitely have not encountered this bug personally. Just trying to see if it’s an addon or setting somewhere.