An Update on Bind-on-Equip items from Vault of the Incarnates

Not that group loot vs personal loot matters there, either. Loot gen is still the same, and your chance to see a piece still averages 1:5

I could be wrong, but hasn’t this always been the case? Not that I agree with it.

1 Like

We have seen numerous high level players bragging that they got all the LFR gear as transmog and the players who were there for gear got none. The same story comes from the players who needed gear and got none, while the people who wanted it for transmog got it all.

It would be if the loot distribution didn’t include pieces that nobody in the raid could equip.

1 Like

Agreed, there should be a 60sec timer and if you havent selected something by that point it should be an automatic pass

1 Like

It is not. PL never dropped items that no one in the group could not equip like GL routinely does.

Just today I dropped a cloth helmet in a group with no cloth user.

2 Likes

if you did a min of research into this statement you’d see how wrong you are…they changed how the rollin works
group has its drawbacks like my raid we gotta glaive where noone could use it but besides that group loot is better as a hole for the game if you cant seer that maybe go play ffxiv instead of ranting on a thread where your just talking outa your but from being misinformed

Besides that? That alone is a huge flaw in the system and is one of the multiple reasons why it failed so bad before. The blue post you’ve linked doesn’t address all the issues GL has.

I may be the only one but I really like it, its cool to actually see loot on the boss even if its not for you. After killing a boss seeing 35 gold pop up was such a deflating moment and that feels gone now that purple items show up for me. Feels like vanilla

1 Like

Forced grouploot feels absolutely terrible for pug raiding. Bring back personal loot and keep GL as an option for guilds please.

4 Likes

To be fair, when blizzard said they are going to allow GL to be a thing again they DID warn that items that your group don’t need or can’t use can drop if you you are using GL.

Having gotten used to personal loot, am not fond of having to roll on everything that drops. Simply put, there are people who will roll need for their “disenchanting set” and thus depriving others of an actual upgrade.

4 Likes

this exactly. the guild I will be raiding with has not started so I stepped into an LFR just to dip my toes and was like WTF I gotta roll on everything???

any mounts coming from these

this is insanely uninformed and works against casuals and pugs for no reason.

1. group loot can drop items no one in the group can use.
  2. group loot drops less items than personal loot.

it sucks for lfr it should be reverted back to personal loot. pugs should be able to choose.

1 Like

Stop making groups that have that possibility.

Gonna need source on that.

Your only good point.

here you go.

“We’re also increasing the overall rate of reward for Personal Loot, giving players more items overall to offset the fact that Personal Loot rewards can’t be distributed among group members.”

this change was made back in wod, if you can show me where they said they reverted that change I’d like to see your source on that.

all my points were facts. regardless of whether you think they are “good” or not

1 Like

Still need a source that the increase wasn’t carried over to this new group loot system.

30 days later

That’s awesome… Honestly… I see how that would apply to people that get loot.

I’m just over here on week 3, LFR Both Wings 8/8 Normal 7/8 heroic without a single item dropping… but countless hours spent… Look into my account for me and check how it’s possible that I killed 30+ bosses over 4 weeks in raid through separate difficulty’s and not got a single roll. not one. Appreciate it.

4 Likes