An Issue with GMs

tl;dr GMs have been not answering my tickets by linking me articles barely related to my questions.

I don’t wanna be a Karen over here, but I wasn’t given a Ticket Survey and I can’t open a ticket to register a complaint so here I am, on the forums feeling like I’m going about this all wrong. Feel free to tell me I’m making a big deal over nothing but I feel pretty slighted right now.

I know at this time tensions are high and a lot of tickets are flowing in but this isn’t the first time this has happened. I ask a question I can’t just google(the only time I bother with tickets since I don’t want to be a bother) and am told to look at wowhead for an answer that doesn’t pertain to my original question.

I’d send a link to a screencap of the ticket but it won’t let me for some reason? A question I asked yesterday that was answered this morning before I logged on(weekly reset fixed my problem so I canceled the ticket) was given a response that was barely tangential to do with the problem I was having. The problem was that MOTHER wasn’t letting me buy any essences on only one character. She wasn’t a vendor for only that one character and I sent screen shots to show that the option wasn’t there on her but was there on another character on the same realm and faction. Then I get told to look at how to get Lucid Dreams rank 3? When I didn’t even remotely ask about that?

This was hasn’t been the first time either. A different GM two years ago(I try not to open too many frivolous tickets) did the same thing and sidestepped my question by just linking me to a wowhead article. It certainly isn’t as blatantly of a dodge as the first one, but still rude since the article didn’t help me at all and I had to wait until the next mage tower was up because the quest just didn’t pop for some reason despite me meeting the requirements.

And of course not all GMs do this. In between those two tickets I had a problem and was helped swiftly and easily and the GM was very polite and nice. Not all GMs do this dismissive “glance at your question and link you an article” sort of thing, but when it happens it is extremely frustrating.

Please tell me I’m not just over reacting over nothing. Is this something other people have a problem with? Is there a way I can make a private complaint? I didn’t want to out the GMs cause I feel that would have been rude.

And as an aside, when there’s a specific link to the forums(I tried to find another thread where people were talking about this so I wasn’t just throwing this into the sea) it just sends me to the front page of the forums with no error message or anything. I think that’s a question for another thread but if anyone has any information on that too I’d be appreciative.

1 Like

Technically speaking, I feel like this would fall under the subject of game hints, which game masters are expressly forbidden to provide, but without knowing the content of the ticket, it’s hard to be sure exactly why.

As to the crux of your issue, that is more than likely working as intended. If the character that can’t access her is the character that has all essences at rank three that your other characters can purchase from MOTHER, then there’s no need to see her option, because they’ve already got the essences.

In the grand scheme, there’s an overbearing belief that game masters are there to assist with every possible thing we, as players, could throw at them, and that is simply as far from the truth as it can get. That is why they sometimes link articles to third-party sources, and if it’s an article that’s unrelated to the ticket, chances are there’s conflicting information in the content of the ticket that throws them off the original trail.

6 Likes

Not trying too hard to snark (I don’t have to try, I’m naturally talented at it), but were you that verbose in your ticket? Because conciseness is king. GMs do not have time to parse War and Peace to find how you expect them to help you.

Also, there are a great many things a GM can’t help with. Literally, cannot. A “non-responsive” response may be a polite “no, because…”.

6 Likes

The survey becomes available when the ticket is closed. It usually automatically happens within a few days of your ticket being answered. :slight_smile:

Sorry for the confusion, Mourvèdre. The Game Master likely was confused as to what your question was, it happens at times, especially around subjects that are technically considered “Game Hints”. They try to answer what they can, so that they can help, but are often limited in what can be stated.

Specifically, you likely couldn’t see a vendor option with MOTHER on your character because none of your alts had a Rank 3 Essence that they already did not have. That was the key to seeing the vendor option and to earn Echoes.

The reason you can see the vendor option now is because the structure was changed so that all character who earned a cloak will start earning Echoes and that new purchase options are available. More information on that can be found in the following thread.

7 Likes

Thank you for your response and perspective. The blue post came while I was typing my reply and you managed to answer a lot of questions as well so thank you as well <3

1 Like

No, I think the ticket text was fairly concise.

Most folks tend to gravitate towards situations they are familiar with, so the GM likely was more familiar with folks having trouble figuring where an essence can be obtained and less so with questions about the Rank 3 purchase option and mistakenly interpreted that the former was the issue.

4 Likes

Yes thank you this answered everything. Thank you so much for your time, I will remember next time about game hints and will try to phrase my question a little better next time I have one.

3 Likes

You might try the forums as well. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had among your peers here. If you aren’t sure where to ask, you can always come here and we’ll try to point you in the right direction, if we simply don’t have the answer for you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m happy to be wrong about that. Logorrhea is my curse and I try to warn others of its unpleasant side effect.

2 Likes

Yes thank you again. I need to utilize the forums more often. Thank you so much for your time, I hope you have a wonderful day.

6 Likes