An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

No.

I will continue to report anyone breaking the rules.

The only people whining are the ones upset that there are rules.

1 Like

As long they leave guild chat alone and free from snowflakes we are good. Just don’t enable option someone to report a guild if they got insulted.

You see who views themselves as rule enforcers. Where victimhood is a virtue and any opposition is immediately toxic.

4 Likes

Seen one in ZM farming the Anima Mobs around where the Engulfer Encounter is , it was a Pally who would consecrate, kill, loot over and over obviously for the raw mats to create the pets and mounts at the forges. Was there at least 30 minutes i kept checking in on my circles of ZM looking for chests for the weekly quest, the respawn timer at that specific point was 5 or 10 seconds max, sadly my character is not a skinner or id have taken some of that bounty lol.

Do you remember when they took away options for one time purchases of game time blocks in the shop? They actually said players are too stupid to understand that while you can buy two month blocks at a Walmart, you can buy one, three, and six month blocks on the webstore.

Player’s couldn’t find the pvp vendors
You think you do but you don’t
ignores feedback consistently

Yeah, there’s a pattern.

I (actually) understand why Brack said that. The issue was lumping EVERYONE in that category. There are some (not all) that think they want Classic but really don’t. And, to this day, Brack is correct about that 'cause the example he used is what’s being complained about, regarding Wrath Classic and its lack of the LFD tool.

I believe there’s some merit to what he said, but in typical strawman fashion, he gets dragged through the mud over what he said, rather than the context of what he actually said.

I think Brack is correct in his statement, in the some (not all) don’t really want that Classic experience. Before Vanilla Classic even came out, some (not all) begged for guild banks, despite guild banks not being a function/perk, in Vanilla.

See? It’s not the duty of the business to tell the customers what they should ask for. The only time you would do that, or support doing that, is if you think your customers are idiotic children.

2 Likes

No, I don’t.

I don’t think Brack said anything about what people should be asking for. I think he’s still correct, in his statement. He was just wrong for lumping EVERYONE under that same category.

No, the fact that you assume that, says more about how you view it, than me.

I gave a clear explanation as to why he’s correct, and your retort is your hurt feelings over what he said. Despite his statement holding water, to this day.

EDIT: Those asking for guild banks, in Vanilla Classic prove Brack’s statement correct, that they don’t really want the Vanilla experience which means NO guild banks.

And, now, both BC and Wrath Classic have level boosts, in them, when it wasn’t like that before. We have the item to save our WBs (in perma Vanilla Classic), even though that wasn’t around, in Vanilla.

The “Pro-Change” crowd is exactly who Brack was referring to. “Pro-Changers” don’t really want the original concept of the game which makes his statement correct, in that regard. However, Brack’s statement doesn’t apply to the “No Changes” crowd. Since BC Classic came out with Blizz doing a “some changes” stance, keeps proving Brack’s statement more and more correct, that some (not all) people don’t really want to play the original way.

While in Azeroth, do your best to:

• Connect with other players and make friends! Being courteous in group content can help you and your teammates have the best time possible. Sending a friendly hello message can help set your group up for success.

So “do your best to to speak to others.” Like the other said, this is like an early grade school poster you see in the classroom. Why is this in the “social contract?”

• Play as a team with your fellow players - whether in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas, or out questing in the world. Do your best to support your team through your communication and behaviors so that you can all celebrate your success together.

Just repeating it again there.

• Assist other players that you encounter in the world. Maybe they need some help defeating a tough monster, or maybe they could use a little healing!

And why is this in the contract? You can’t force people to stop what they’re doing to help a stranger. Again, it’s treating people like idiots. The loading screen tooltips were just fine.

• Help answer questions others have in chat channels like General or Trade. We were all newbies once - one person offering some help can go a long way!

Again, why put this kind of stuff in the contract? While having the choice of accepting these “terms” or exiting game?

We recognize that the Internet is not always a safe haven. With that in mind, please note that the following behaviors are not accepted in Azeroth:

• Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player’s identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability

This one is quite obvious and belongs but everyone over the age of 12 that knows the internet knows how it works. Engage in that type of stuff and you’re suspended/banned. Obvious but understandable reminder.

• Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors

So what is “abusive / derogatory behavior?” Completely subjective. Is tea bagging an enemy’s corpse in a BG derogatory? To some, yes. To others, no. Depends on how sensitive or frustrated they are.

Is telling someone to learn their class after boosting and jumping into a bg with 20k health “harassment?” To some, yes. Oh, they just paid for that boost and we can’t have the boosters facing criticism. It’s all subjective.

Either it is all redundancy(suggestion) or it is an illogical move that opens the report function to abuse due to subjective interpretation. And in the end, unless they automate it(likely and risky), they are about to severely increase their workload.

2 Likes

There are “the rules” and there are rules™ that keep piling up cause people like you whine a lot. People who care A LOT about littles annoying things are the reason they are piling up. People who don’t care about them do not whine and ask companies to make another stupid rule to cease those things. And its coming and coming and piling and crowding, till the very NORMAL things become the new “no-no” (as it’s on Twitter/Facebook right now).

Again people like you who always follow the rules and clap for them no matter how utterly stupid and unnecessary they are, are the worst to play with.

1 Like

You get mad at them for being too specific about what the company expects from you and then get mad at them for not being specific enough in what’s considered “abusive/derogatory behavior”.

Blizz cannot win :laughing:

1 Like

Are you reading or do you just want to create strawmen and joust with them?

First, I’m not mad. Nothing you can do in a videogame or on the internet makes me mad. That’s the difference between I and others that need these types of childish and subjective “rules.”

Second, you can’t force people to speak to others, or stop to help strangers, in one rule and then place other rules that cause a walking on eggshell type of interaction. That does not belong.

Finally, I never said it wasn’t specific enough. I said it is subjective, unenforceable, pointless, and opens the door for crybabies to abuse the report function.

2 Likes

Imagine being upset over a reminder of the rules you already agreed to.

3 Likes

I am and pointing out your hypocrisy.

Your projection is very cute.

You don’t want to be talked to like “a 12 year old”, so when they don’t, you’re still annoyed/upset/mad/whatever you want to call it about it.

Mad, annoyed, whatever you want to call it.

Agreed. Good thing that’s not what contract actually says.

Specific, objective > subjective, whatever word you want to use.

You keep attacking people using the report button to hold you accountable for your actions. Geez, I wonder why you’re all bent over the social contract :thinking:

Although, maybe you might be what you’re projecting onto others. Done with you, now 'cause you don’t have any self accountability, whatsoever. You think everyone else is the problem but you. And, your feelings get all hurt because you feel like you’re being talked to like you’re 12. Maybe stop acting like it, and you won’t feel that way.

Blocking you, now. You enjoy sulking :+1:

2 Likes

Creating an atmosphere of reluctance to interact due to the feelings of others, in a social game that relies on interaction, is further spiraling down the drain.

Maybe Blizzard needs some posters all over the doors of the place to not abuse co-workers and subordinates? Then maybe a poster that states, "When you lose 70-90% of your playerbase in 7 years, maybe you don’t have your finger on the pulse of your customers like you and your minions believe."

3 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I can’t second this more. They’ve gotten smart now, they come from different servers so the accounts aren’t ‘obviously’ linked.

You have larger issues than WoW’s rules. I suggest you tend to them.

Stop being toxic idun