An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

Spamming emotes can get you actioned too you know. Encouraging others to do it is a good way to get it removed from the game. As a certain streamer found out.

If you feel so angry you need to mistreat others players either verbally or with actions, you might want to do some self reflection.

3 Likes

Will be using different ones with things in between. So, you know…

No thank you champ

2 Likes

SO i can still call people out that leave a M+ key after one death ?

This is all just censorship and its awful for the game . If you cant handle being called a name by some random stranger online then you have some deep issues , ill leave it at that .

5 Likes

anyone really complaining about this is just mad Blizzard is going to start enforcing stuff that was already part of the TOS and they just stopped enforcing after awhile.

It is not that people can’t handle it. It is that you agreed not to do it, and they don’t have to put up with it. A person does not have to be upset to tell you to get lost and not put up with rude comments. They are just sending you the message that your conduct is not something they want to be around.

3 Likes

if i choose to call someone a jerk for destroying a key due to him or her dying once and then quitting / leaving the dungeon after the time i invested setting it up that should be a choice im able to have . i dont randomly call people names for no reason . Lets face it people do bad things in game that do not require " typing " that have zero consequences

1 Like

Correct. That is why changing the game mechanics to prevent that sort of thing (key leaving without consequences), should be something Blizzard considers changing. It is a very negative aspect of the system that is causing the game to not only not be fun, but to be very very frustrating (lost key).

To get that fixed correctly means providing the feedback to Blizz and participating on the threads about it.

I get that you feel angry and justified in calling them what they are - a jerk. However, we still can’t unleash a string of profanity and insults. Even if they deserve it, you can’t say it that way. You have to select the words carefully.

Same goes for people who bait you into a fight - don’t take the bait. Report them if it breaks rules, and then ignore them.

3 Likes

i get it , thank you

I once gave matts to make a pice of gear to someone and he logged out with my matts I reported it and got all my stuff back

1 Like

i didnt think they could do that. certainly not in a timely manner with the wait time for support heh

color me surprised. one of my buddies got his stack of gold stolen by ppl that offered a service but just ran away with the gold instead - he never saw it again.

I agree with you, a while back I was silenced banned for 2 weeks and it was something else!
The reports that blizzard sent me were many chats that I was reported on such as,
(Looking for advice)
(Are you guys this dense?)
(Take care man)
(Grow up)
I did pop a few f bombs out there to the RMT bots but on a different occasion.
Basically, a lot of people in chat if they don’t like you or decide to pick on a player, they abuse the system and report one for anything.
I fought the ticket and was turned down over and over.
I didn’t break any ToS back then, but I was punished for 2 weeks couldn’t chat, no premade groups, nothing…

1 Like

As a fully grown adult man, I do not care.

Offense is chosen, not given.

I want to clarify this if I can. There are some differences in the kind of scam help Blizz will offer.

There are supported transactions in which Blizz can help, and others where they can’t or don’t. Trading materials for a craft, with the terms put in Blizzard chat, is something they can help with and they return the materials. That is a supported transaction.

If you loan people gold, pay gold for in game services, etc. those are unsupported transactions. You can report it, and Blizz may very well take the gold from the other person, but they don’t give it back to you. They really really don’t want us to go down those back alley roads dealing with shady folks. They try to encourage us to play the game using the in-game mechanics.

Policy on that, and in-game mechanics on that, have changed over time though so they still might.

Looking forward to the new DL crafting system where you can’t get ripped off and don’t have to just trust and pray someone does not runoff with your mats.

1 Like

My point exactly, people choose to be offended by whatever they want. Check out that article that states Air Conditioning itself is “sexist”. These days the worst thing is political correctness, once someone realizes you disagree with them politically you can say: ‘Hey, how are you doing?’ and they will scream you’re a racist and etc. This “contract” will just be abused by petty tyrants who want to silence differing views. 100% guaranteed.

2 Likes

Choices are usually fantastic. You chose to play a game with rules about chat, including not using profanity, slurs, etc. You chose to accept the game terms. You chose to accept responsibility for your actions - and the consequences of them.

The choice is yours. Either keep playing, or don’t.

It’s rather pathetic these days. When you see open declarations that “math is racist,” it’s easy to see that they are not worthy of being taken seriously.

And yeah, someone will ALWAYS be offended by something. Even if it is something they think someone intended despite whether it’s true.

But I say that if they feel offended by such little things, they have a very hard road ahead despite how much pampering they receive along the way.

What does that have to do with what I said. (He does it for free lol)

2 Likes

With actions taken against the reported player with no ability to defend. Sounds legit, like something which can never be abused. Just about anything can trigger someone now a days, even the slightest comment or remark. This will give people more of an excuse to join groups and not engage in anyway in fear of triggering someone… even more than they do now. Sounds like a great system to make the community healthy /s.

3 Likes

People can choose to filter profanity… If they choose not to filter, everyone else must walk on eggshells? Okay remove the choice and filter everything.

4 Likes