An Eye on Player Behavior and Reporting Improvements

Not yet. It is in ff 14.

this new reporting system is not going to solve much then

back in the day a lot of thier call center Gms were texan.

If people are still getting down and dirty in goldshire then this isn’t going to stop it either.

They still are. The main CS support for Americas is done out of the Austin, TX office.

1 Like

Reminder to Blizzard that the squelching system is ripe for abuse and negatively impacts players who do no wrong. Report abusers and the toxic players behind false reporting should never have been given the power to kill the ability for other players to use group finder, mailbox, etc.:

The false flagging that runs rampant on the forums should be a clue to you.

What exactly do you mean when youre talking about the filter? Like…what are you saying we can and can’t say because I’m lost here is it against ToS to use curse words

Lmao Typical, you’re famous for mass reporting on all your alts (Humanbeak,tuulunn)

Yes it is. It is also against the rules to use masked profanity which is using a different spelling or symbols to say something.

There is a profanity filter in game so some people think that gives them permission to break the rules. It does not, hence why I linked the Blue post reminding folks of that. That is for parents to protect kids from people who can’t follow the rules they agreed to.

WoW has had a no profanity rule on the forums and in game since 2004. However, Blizz only acts on it if it is reported and for mild stuff most people don’t report.

3 Likes

You’re my alt.

2 Likes

So, Gameplay Sabotage. Forgive me for not reading 800 posts and an article here, but-- If I’m out and about haphazardly killing things as I am want to do and some lowbie/dood on a quest needs x number of things and I murder a few, is this gameplay sabotage?

2 Likes

Uh, different people but I guess I’m flattered?

Not that I know of. You have to cross over into serious server disruption before they would care. Killing mobs in an area is what you are supposed to be doing. That report option is more for when someone intentionally is afk in a battleground, making the team lose on purpose, pulling a boss over and over to wipe raid team on purpose, etc.

Here is the PTR image of it from MrGMs video.

Imgur

1 Like

also groping my female employees and replacing my POC/LGBT employees with an AI tool! That’s not toxic either!

2 Likes

also wow I sure can’t wait to see literally every dungeon group ever report a new player until auto-moderator silences/bans them

2 Likes

I have zero faith in this system. As has already been mentioned, blizzard’s automated reporting system is very easily manipulated and many many people will be wrongfully silenced due to abuse. It’s already heavily manipulated in Overwatch where I’ve seen more than a few people wrongfully silenced because a full team of 6 decided to report an enemy for killing them too much.

Blizzard will also never admit fault and just say the system is working and instead keep the silence/suspension and say they wont respond to any further tickets.

3 Likes

Lovey. Sure hope this game doesn’t turn into another FFXIV where half the playerbase is scared to say anything other than purely positive tripe lest they get a strike towards their permanent 3 strike permaban system lmao. Yeah it’s true you could say just don’t be an a$$hole. But at the end of the day the world is full of overly sensitive vengeful people who will do amything to get their desperation for power fulfilled

I sincerely hope this game doesn’t turn into another FFXIV. That game is the epitome example of toxic positivity.

People need to learn to walk away from negativity, teach their children to do the same and stop asking authorities to babysit their feelings. Bah this nanny stuff is all so exhausting. Tired of the internet turning into a walking on eggshells simulator

4 Likes

You just did the very thing that was made an example of in the article.

:man_facepalming:

You know, I thought the false flagging was bad, but feast your eyes on this (it’s the very first reply in this thread as well - geez):

Blizzard knows the automated stuff gets abused. They don’t need to leave the forums to know this.

I hope the reporting revamp takes some of that out of the equation (squelches for sure) and that they put more human eyes on reports.

1 Like

I would say I am a kind and helpful person. I point out things that could help the group and the likes.

Nonetheless, all it takes is an unhappy person to make a false report and you could get in trouble it seems. That person is just warning others to turn off the chat for their safety.