An actual disgrace to spend gold for legendary pieces

How did this ever come to pass? They should of made a way to earn these pieces not just to make them nearly impossible to craft. I get it, it’s a great way to get more people to buy wow tokens ( ya money matters) but for people that can’t buy wow tokens, they are left in the dirt.

It’s an honest disgrace that we already pay $15 a month for this game and yet we have to spend massive amounts of gold to get the legendary bases. What an out of touch design.

91 Likes

The DPS gain is marginal. The only thing you’re upgrading is the secondary stats. It’s like 100 DPS a rank. If you’re not a mythic raider it literally doesn’t matter.

Y’all over reacting like usual

Also you can’t afford $20? Even at min wage that’s a little over three hours of work. Also gold is thrown at you this expac

21 Likes

It’s the principle, why should I pay more on top of a sub?

47 Likes

To be fair, they did. You can farm all the mats for them.

That being said, the way they’re “allowed” to be priced so high is a shame.

For new players, I can see why they’d think the play is just to but a token.

2 Likes

You don’t have to. You get thousands of gold a day just doing your callings.

Also the upgrades don’t matter for most players. Your legendary not being a higher rank will never be the reason that you wiped, unless you’re doing cutting edge content that requires you to literally do perfect damage

9 Likes

Weird, I got all my legendaries without buying a single token

13 Likes

Embrace your inner-whale and just use wow tokens to generate the gold for it, and see wow for its true form as a pay to win game.

8 Likes

WoW is not even close to P2W

10 Likes

not with that attitude

9 Likes

Assuming you have alts.

This is not very new player friendly. I only have an army of alts since I had a full run of BFA, with sub lapses, to make 26 level 50’s. From that…I got like 10 60’s at least iirc.

New sl peeps or returns from years ago not having even 5 chars at 60 to run callings that gold comes in slower.

Those with not many alts or jsut the one this is 1500 a day. After a rich day of 3 clears when you log in day 4…one calling. day 5, 1 calling. day 6 you guessed it…1 calling.

Bitters can test this. Make a new char on a new server. Only hookup they get is the appearances/mounts/looms pulls. There is no gold across servers. that 700K I have on MG…if I made a proudmoore char they’d not see 1 copper of that.

Start at 1 silver in the pocket and work your way up. It’s an eye opener really as you know on that char paying even for mount upgrades to the big boy max flying speed at 4750 gold…you are going to feel that leave the coin purse.

6 Likes

Why do you need to buy tokens to get gold. Seriously I have made over 500k in the last month just by selling K crystals , veiled augment runes,( you get around 40 per week from mission table ) leather ,enchanting mats plus whatever I got from questing and paragon rep chests. Play the game and the gold flows

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the bases being crafted… What I have a problem with is the brain dead hoops you have to go through to be able to craft them.

6 Likes

Probably had something to do with the many threads over the last few years demanding for crafting to be important again.

10 Likes

Oh it has its foot in the door…

And they went stupid high and to the right with that.

Some of use were looking more for…classic crafting. Where from 1 to 60 if dungeon was not nice with the RNG crafting made good stuff.

Off of easliy farmable items. Not randomatic crystals. One of the aspects I liked in classic/tbcc. I spend an hour killing and skinning I am making nice gear. Even in leveling.

The gear is actually good to use. And with it being common mats you can sell it the AH cheaper. There was no yeah this needs a 3k crystal to make. Its like 10 skins, vendor charges for threads. Priced accordingly or it rots.

Enter retail crafting. Most gear exists for 3 things. Leveling the crafting, selling afterwards for gold or shipping to the enchanter on the server/faction to DE it have enchanting mats/level enchanting.

Sales may be to vendor…as not many buy that level 50 armour since in 2 levels they know a green drop will happen.

Only the lego’s are worht buying…and those that make it are charging for that. Especially when its the crystals make it expenisve. They aren’t gouging in some cases. IF they need crystal, lowest price has their bulk order at 90K…well that item has 90k in costs to make up.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256989

3 Likes

Hmm lets see.
With gold you can buy:

BOEs :heavy_check_mark:
Mythic+ carries :heavy_check_mark:
Raid carries :heavy_check_mark:
PVP carries :heavy_check_mark:
Rare mounts a tmog :heavy_check_mark: (Black Market auction house)
Level Boosts :heavy_check_mark:

The definition of ‘winning’ is rather loose in a mmo but I think most people would agree that one or more of the things listed above is pay to win.

26 Likes

Not really, since a bad player with good gear is still a bad player. And the only thing they’re buying is stuff that a lot of players already got without having to pay a dime.

“Bad players who can pay gold to get closer to people who didn’t have to buy anything - and yet those bad players are still behind.” Doesn’t really seem like “pay to win” does it?

10 Likes

this is the best crafting format we ever had. do your carebear butt dare bring us back to rng legendaries.

2 Likes

It’s the first time in years that gear crafting has been relevant for more than a hours worth of leveling.

And grinding gold to go into town and buy gear is a fairly traditional RPG experience.

7 Likes

ok at first glance, i play this game way more than you…it’s not that easy to make 500k gold in a month lol

why would you say that?

think they hit that mark? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like