Amirdrassil: The Final Form

I like that they’re using a lot of that kaldorei architecture that I felt was underused in the Warfront. I’m hoping it’s not too bright, once it’s out, given the whole nocturnal thing, some pics look good for that and others are really bright. I think a temple to Elune would be nice, but a smaller shrine would fit well, since those are what we see throughout the bulk of active kaldorei territory.

I’m also hoping we see portals/dream gates to Kalimdor, particularly Hyjal.

3 Likes

It is very Val’sharah like during the day, but I really liked how it looks at night. Or how it should look. Right now the sunbeam effects do not change into moonbeams so its a bit funky outside amirdrassil where they function properly.

1 Like

Yeah it does seem like both it and Gilneas are very much WIPs. Still a nice early look.

1 Like

Has anyone done the raid?

I was thinking, on a meta/game development point of view what if the raid happened in the new NE capital?
Like blend of green dragon architecture, night elf stone architecture and the regular legion NE assets?

The Dream conjures things that may not be in reality. Maybe not yet, maybe a distant future possibility or pure fiction. Its realm that doesn’t function with any real boundries of the physical world. So a random city being contructed wouldn’t be impossible… call it the dream/hope of all the spirits inside the seed.

What if this raid was designed a city and this city was then the thing that “exists” the dream as a fully constructed city? I haven’t done the raid myself but if Blizzard had done this surely it would have worked.

I did the raid, you fight in the dream temple most of the time and then you fight the last two bosses on some platforms so you can use dragon riding for the tindral fight. It’s not really set up to be a city, it’s more one large structure for most of it with two side areas and then the middle part that makes a bridge to the firelands or something. This thread seems to point out that the night elf “capitol” will be some wooden structures placed at the base of the roots after it emerges into the dragon isles, akin to an outpost rather than an actual planned out city.

It’s indev. After a quick scan, it’s obviously incomplete at this point.

Well I hope you are right, what I see so far doesn’t fill me with confidence.

It looks like garbage and it always will as long as it’s in the middle of some centaur manure filled field.

1 Like

But is not in the middle of a centaur field, is to the west of it.

1 Like

So… how are the ohn’ahran plains any different from the barrens? Both were flat grassy regions populated by centaurs and (now) tauren. Amirdrassil is divided from the main plains by both the Emerald Gardens and the Ancient Bough, which make a pretty good analog for what Darkshore did in miniature.

1 Like

What looks like garbage are the new model of Keepers of the Grove! Blizzard fix that please! revert them to the beautiful OG model!

1 Like

I did a double take a few times when I saw this. I am pretty sure its a Dargonflight Original… and one that confuses me as I thought that is what Dryads were…

Massive forests (Ashenvale) separating Darkshore from the barrens is not the same as a sad line of trees along a coastline.

Completely different. The Emerald gardens and Ancient Bough are cute throwbacks to to Kalimdor but both are just a tiny sliver of what’s essentially a centaur zone. It’s hard to equate them to what the Night Elves are abandoning by making the Dragon Isles their new home and capitol. Like imagine downgrading yourself from Northern Kalimdor, but apparently that’s where the Devs want to take the Night Elves.

2 Likes

For a moment a thought this new models was exclusive to the dragon isles keepers because I flew all over Azeroth visitin all places I could remember where I would find other keepers and they all have their OG model, but then during the last quests of the campaing I saw Keeper Remulos with this new ugly model.
RIP good looking Keepers =(

And as a bonus gift away we got downgraded Keepers of the Grove!
We are so lucky!

This may be a stupid question, but why would there be a Temple dedicated to Elune if half the Night Elf population lost their faith in Elune after Shadowlands?

Then that half can choose not to go to the temple. The other half still faithful need a temple to commune with her.

1 Like

To spark the 5th War, Amirdrassil should have grown on top of the Sunwell, and the whole of Quel’danas are engulfed by its boughs

I swear, where does this rather inane concept of the Night Elves ‘abandoning Kalimdor’ come from? If anything the only people transferring to the Dragon Isles would realistically be the people that had stayed in Stormwind after the war.

The presence of an entire lush ancient growth forest the length of about 1/3rd of a continent that Ohn’aran plains doesnt have?

Cause the game has everyone, even warrior NEs like Tyrande, say their people have no home and denying them the tree is denying the Kaldorei a right to have a home lmao. They keep calling this tree, before it’s even ready, their homeland- which physically makes no sense because their actual homeland, their place of origin, is Northern Kalimdor. It’s downplaying the relevance of an old thing at the expense of the core fantasy all about fanatical connection to Kalimdor.

6 Likes

They have this idea that because the npcs are calling amirdrassil their new home (which means that, their new home), they’re leaving behind all their lands that they have successfully protected and recovered from the Horde, while most recent lore sources do state they have the control of Ashenvale, Hyjal and Northern Kalimdor in general

To me it is clear, the same way Teldrassil became their new home in between WC3 and WoW, which means they have this new hub but didn’t leave their Kalimdor lands, the same now is happening with amirdrassil, where they do have a new central location but are not leaving anything behind, since they still have a sacred duty to Nordrassil and the Well of Eternity.

1 Like