AMD Ryzen vs Intel

I am looking to buy new hardware, and I am looking around at Intel vs AMD. I can see on benchmark sites that AMD are high price and performance isn’t even close. I look at the Ryzen 9 3900 vs Intel i7. It’s like the best AMD has vs mediocre Intel… and Intel has much higher spec AMD can’t even match. So why use AMD (other than GPU) at all? I love Radeo Video cards… I have 5600 XT and it’s great, but the CPU are high price for very little value in my opinion, am I missing something? Why use AMD CPU if I can get Intel with much better specs at a lower price point.

In gaming Intel is still better than Ryzen 9 3900x but in productivity the Ryzen 9 3950x is the best. i9 10900k and Ryzen 9 3900x trade blows here and there.

So get the i7 10700k if you like it’s performance

Don’t feed the troll.

2 Likes

Buy the hardware that gives the performance you want at the price you are willing pay.

Former - see my statement above
Latter - two completely different architectures so you can’t compare “spec”

Unless you are talking APUs, GPUs and CPUs are two different things even if they come from AMD. Also, I’m not sure what market you live in but in the USA both Intel and AMD are often competitively priced. With gaming relying mostly on your GPU, any modern CPU from AMD or Intel can handle gaming even at the highest settings. So price, demand, supply, mobos and other features all come into play for people selecting a gaming CPU.

See all my previous comments.

Intel with much better specs at a lower price point? What in bizzaro world…

he could be in a different market then the USA

This is true. I’ve even stated this before in other threads. But given he mentions Best Buy and getting an XFX 5600 XT for $329, i’m going to presume it’s USA.

2 Likes

in that case it’s just another fanboy pushing his parts and going scorched earth on all others to justify his selection.

1 Like

Skylake 4.0? will probably be cheaper than Zen 3.

Well we are talking today - not tomorrow.

Zen 3 isn’t even out yet, and we don’t know for sure how it performs.

1 Like

Also, $329 if in the USA is such a bad price for a 5600 XT -

I’d get this one for $279

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeon-rx-5600-xt-rx5600xt-pgd3-6go/p/N82E16814930028?Description=5600%20xt&cm_re=5600_xt-_-14-930-028-_-Product&quicklink=true

Hey thanks for being cynical… I was ASKING, byte my head off why don’t you, you kill babies in your spare time too? How is ASKING being a Troll, have you people always been this jaded?

Overreacting to a simple inquiry maybe it’s time you people take a break from the game you seem to think there are only 2 factions in this world… but I am not your enemy in the REAL world.

you want to try this again, or shall I presume you are always going to be this jumpy… did someone pee in your corn flakes this morning?

It’s a LEGITMATE question… I said I SEE benchmarks on the web comparing Intel and AMD and I said I was LOOKING to upgrade so if you can tell me I should go with AMD then I am open to suggestions and take advice from other gamers.

HTF is that a fanboy?!?!?

It’s nice to come here ask for help and get jumped on, thanks so much!

You’ve made an attempt too make me feel bad and your previous actions are still in-line with this post, Calling you out for trolling is what i enjoy, You are trolling, If you wish to be seen less as a troll then perhaps you should delete your history of comments in other threads.

And actually stop Fanboying.

1 Like

You said it yourself, your 7 year old i7 is enough and people need to stop saying this game is CPU bound.

Why even bother with new hardware when you’re so certain it doesn’t matter?

2 Likes

A brilliant philosopher once said

I think you should heed that advice