Am I the only one who took warts and all seriously?

Hmm never heard of a game called OSRS. Is it big?

Probably 'cause they treated it seriously and didn’t try and sabotage it.

1 Like

No, it is what it is because of the hard work of developers. Developers that weren’t afraid to make unpopular choices, to nerf things, to have things be less efficient.

They did NOT do whatever the players wanted in vanilla. Quite the opposite, most of the time.

"Here you’ll find regular polls where you decide what features are added to the game and decide the future of the service.

To participate, you’ll need to be a member with a total skill level of at least 280 in OSRS. A feature poll is considered successful if it has achieved over 75% yes votes when it closes."

That’s a quote from their poll page and I do like that 75% policy.

It’s the fifth biggest MMO.

If I wanted to play OSRS I would play OSRS.

1 Like

That has nothing to do with what I said.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t really do unique aspects well. They tend to steal some of the best features of other games instead.

1 Like

newsflash but the developers for years on retail avoided doing what they players wanted and that game is :x :x :x Its not until shadowlands that they show any hope of doing something players want and that expansion is showing promise ofr the first time since mop

4 Likes

Lemme clarify for you then.

If I wanted to play a game with a poll system like OSRS, I would play OSRS.

That’s a moot point to what I said.

3 Likes

Important to note they stole the work of a CM and then fired him.

Interesting. Well I hope it does better then!

This is a discussion board. I am discussing. That is my opinion on the subject. I am expressing it as I see fit.

Not everything is an argument.

1 Like

oh really? I don’t actually know anything about that

It has been for years. I think Blizzard could learn a lot about running Classic from the devs of OSRS. They have more experience.

1 Like

This is a really dumb response.

I don’t think that Blizzard should emulate such a small MMO.

1 Like

Blizzard’s recent boost in subs could be very temporary. RS was about 1 million active players before Classic launched. Wasn’t WoW around the same at the time? It’s hard to tell since Blizzard doesn’t have confidence in their sub numbers anymore.

Yep. One of the only CMs to ever talk to us, Ythisens I believe it was got laid off, and then a masterlist he had worked on for ages which was about all the things the players had issues with and wanted back in WoW was taken by Blizzard and used for Shadowlands. A lot of the key features of Shadowlands were from his masterlist, especially the returning abilities.

Then like 6 months after laying him off they relisted his job with more responsibilities but with no additional pay.

Quanity doesn’t mean quality, especially when there are things Blizzard does horribly whereas other developers do very well. Communication and oversight of OSRS is vastly superior to the same things in Classic.

Unless you think Classic was handled flawlessly, and retail isn’t garbage.