Alterac Valley "The War"

There’s a significant difference between saying I don’t want AV’s that last for days which means my contribution is pointless and I just want to zerg. AV 1.12 matches routinely lasted 1+ hours.

Just say it dude, you are too lazy to use the pvp solution to a pvp problem.

You get to keep all those kills and so on.

Its pointless really to argue with people that feel the same way as you do.

Every new point i make you derail it with rhetorical bs.

1 Like

Blizzard don’t care about us anymore, I’m done with there games. All empires eventually fall.

So far it looks like the Devs for Classic are doing a great job listening to the community. They are staying up to date with us and informing us rapidly and I appreciate them.

However yes sometimes I too feel as though they would rather cater to those players that just want easier versions of everything. Hopefully we can get the FULL version (1.5) of AV on some weekends or something… though I really wish they would reconsider.

Well when the devs have said multiple times they consider 1.12 the right version of vanilla to use and specifically in regards to AV?

The devs (ion) clearly see the game differently than those who actually play it for enjoyment of game play.

The guy who made AV even said the reason they changed it was because no one was playing it.

You are definitely a minority. A very entitled minority.

Except the people playing during vanilla enjoyed the improved versions of AV more too. The people who wanted 1.5 AV were always a niche crowd even during vanilla, which is why AV was changed in the first place.

So instead of blaming Ion maybe blame the original WoW devs :slight_smile:

Fellas blizzard confirmed that they are not changing any values of anything (including bgs) to any version pre-1.12 as it won’t be accurate enough to recreate.

Let it die, it’s not happening. It’s real this time.

[citation needed] for the bolded part.
Participation does not directly translate into enjoyment or fun. Both you and Ion clearly cannot grasp the concept.

The vanilla devs share the blame, but they are not the ones looking to repeat the same mistakes. Ion is.

What mistake using the BG people preferred even during vanilla?

Still waiting for the [citation]…
In fact you can go ahead and cite a source of the “preferred” part as well, because again, participation does not equate to preference.

I already did,

Ah, so you are going to circle right back around to blizzard’s “preference” for “participation”.
(Not going to bother linking yet again the Q&A which clearly shows that they equate “participation” as the metric they use to gauge “fun”.)

So basically you cannot cite a source that the 1.12 version of AV was “preferred” or “enjoyed more” by the players.

2 Likes

All I can cite is the fact that blizzard changed AV pretty much every patch in vanilla because it wasn’t very good at launch.

Can you cite anything showing AV 1.5 was super popular and the changes were not what the community wanted?

1.12 it is!

Let the whiny tears commence! They sustain me.

Bet you cannot cite a source for that either, of players expressing that, who were not just looking for it to be a quick as AB/WSG.

Good thing I never claimed 1.5 was specifically “super popular”. Also, “community wanted” changes do not equate to “improvements” or making it more “enjoyable”.

Keep swinging zyrius. Eventually you might hit something.

So really we’re just back to what people enjoy about AV being completely subjective and all we can go on is the fact that blizzard realized not many people enjoyed 1.5 AV.