Alterac Valley "The War"

23 days later…

Active thread is here: Alterac Valley in Classic - #1138 by Ponk-lothar

Yep still here, bumping this prodigy around. Looks like its still a current topic too… I wonder why its still being discussed if this isnt an important topic.

No they are NOT fans (of how AV was) if they got onto the forums and complained while the actual majority of players NEVER had even gotten on the forums because they were enjoying 1.5 av and didnt even know people were whining to get it changed… how would they know if everything seemed fine. Just because some people found where they could complain about a topic on the forums didnt mean the rest of us agreed that never even logged in to forums back then. How the heck could everyone that was enjoying 1.5 AV even know the topic was even being discussed when we were busy pushing the line everyday and loving every dang minute of it.

I remember the day it changed like is was yesterday I had logged in and my friend told me that they changed AV to make it easier to complete and that people had been complaining on the forums… I never even thought anyone had issues. When this happened is when i actually very FIRST started getting on the forums back then so I could counteract the whining. However if you’re not inherently a whiner, have a suggestion, or upset why do you get on the forums at all? So Blizzard could have made in game polls appear like the GM tickets to see what people thought. The forums ONLY had whiners on the subject.

These kinda people want everything handed to them and when Blizzard caters to these people we get the game we have today…

So when you neckbeards get on here and say the majority asked for 1.12 youre only considering those who actually were complaining… the rest of us were slaying fools.

3 Likes

Gotta love how 1.12ers just sit around and knock 1.5ers but really don’t use ANY in game reasons for their decisions hardly. It’s always about trying to talk down on the opinions of those who support 1.5avs…

“You don’t know your opinion is wrong because whiners flocked to the forums back in the day so the majority had it changed”

Sorry I didn’t know that 100% of the players even logged into the forums back then, heck I’d wager MOST of the players didn’t even know they existed to change the game as this was the first MMORPG for a lot of the originals.

Troll

7 Likes

I remember Vanilla AV. It was an endless push back and forth. Melee literally couldn’t attack anyone without 5 healers spamming them. Only casters could really get damage off. Mostly, it was just a big tug of war from one side of the map to the other. Truly, truly, TRULY boring.

By the way, now that I’ve actually thought about what 1.5 AV would be like if it were to reappear in Classic. Every PvPer would have a focus fire addon like they do in retail. As people would simply get one shot left and right, the entire battle would be decided by who has more or better casters. The long pushes of noob players not doing anything right would be over.

Either way, 1.5 AV would be absolute garbage. Not a change in the right direction.

1 Like

And there we have it folks, the 1% of the game for this person if it was made into a large scale pvp battle would be boring.

Tell me more about how you cant stand pvp on a large scale…

1 Like

It’s boring. No skill.

“Let’s all stand in a huge clump and press buttons at enemy targets while half of our raid group doesn’t want to come and would rather PvE and that weird dude Majat is RP walking, giving speeches, and saluting the NPCs.”

It requires communication and working together. If a warrior or melee person goes charging in and dies 2 times the next timw they go to the line they can engage with the healers by using in game chat and say HEY i am going in to push give me heals! I was there… it worked… anytime a warrior did this you could see the resulting push.

Nice try though.

I dont RP kid but people have the right to enjoy the game however they wish.

You shouldnt speak on forums if all you want to do is troll and bring up no kegit arguments… but unfortunately we have to deal with people like you.

1 Like

Luckily, I won’t have to deal with people like you keeping me in 6 hour AVs. Yay!

1.5 AV would not be PvP. It would be fighting against AFKers and rep farmers. Whichever team had less leeches wins. Why even sign up for that?

Even more, with even a simple target of “” addon, whoever actually had players show up to team fights would just obliterate the enemy. It would be a simple frame that pops up with a clickable target for the most targeted enemy within 50 yards. Nothing like what it was in Vanilla. BTW any warrior charging in with an addon like that would take 5 spells to the face for an instant death. Unhealable.

• 1.5 AV only lasted for a few months. FACT.
  • It was altered because very few people were playing it.

There’s a quote in several other threads from one of the devs about the lack of participation. Blizz does not change things only a few weeks after launch because they are wildly popular. It’s the opposite.

Guys, we need to tell the truth about old school AV.

I have great memories of summoning Ivus, and of logging out and then logging back into the same fight the next day, it was pretty epic, a gigantic war.

That said, it wasn’t popular at the time which is why the devs started changing it almost immediately after release. Those of us who enjoyed it are a niche minority of players. I’m not sure how people believe it will be more popular this time around, but that’s fine, it’s an opinion.

But what needs to be emphasized are the facts about 1.5 AV. It was only around for a few months and it was not wildly popular while it was live. Like it because you like it, but stop spinning the history of it.

Might I ask what it is about 1.5 that you want? Genuinely curious. Most people are asking for 1.5 because they want the really long battles, which isn’t a 1.5 AV thing, it’s a 1.5 era player thing. 1.12-current players have progressed beyond that and wouldn’t be bogged down to a day long battle in 1.5 AV.

I will admit that I would like to see Korrak, even though I know he would mostly be ignored once everyone got their quest done. The fact that he would quickly become irrelevant is why I don’t care so much about getting 1.12 though.

Once again admitting they just wanna have matches as fast as possible without actually saying it.

grabs popcorn

Keep going, this is great stuff…

1 Like

Believe it or not a lot of people do in fact like finishing things they start.

Here we are again, another person that never comes out and just says i want to zerg and get out of AV without ever saying it.

Just say it dude, you like easier versions of stuff…

1 Like

There’s a significant difference between saying I don’t want AV’s that last for days which means my contribution is pointless and I just want to zerg. AV 1.12 matches routinely lasted 1+ hours.

Just say it dude, you are too lazy to use the pvp solution to a pvp problem.

You get to keep all those kills and so on.

Its pointless really to argue with people that feel the same way as you do.

Every new point i make you derail it with rhetorical bs.

1 Like

Blizzard don’t care about us anymore, I’m done with there games. All empires eventually fall.

So far it looks like the Devs for Classic are doing a great job listening to the community. They are staying up to date with us and informing us rapidly and I appreciate them.

However yes sometimes I too feel as though they would rather cater to those players that just want easier versions of everything. Hopefully we can get the FULL version (1.5) of AV on some weekends or something… though I really wish they would reconsider.

Well when the devs have said multiple times they consider 1.12 the right version of vanilla to use and specifically in regards to AV?

The devs (ion) clearly see the game differently than those who actually play it for enjoyment of game play.