Alterac Valley "The War"

Please read this Blizzard. I would really appreciate if you’d humor me… thanks.

Blizz, AV was made to be a pvp war that included pve aspects and required players to react in the midst of war and use tactical decisions in order to help their side in a massive ongoing battle. True Vanilla loving players are the ones you want subscribing because they are the ones with no home in today’s retail Azeroth. They are the ones that are the die hard fans that will make it to AV for PvPvE War. They are the ones that aren’t just in AV just to grind rep and then never queue again, they won’t complain if the AV takes days and in fact prefer it to. The players that are pushing for 1.12 however are the same breed of souls that make up the retail crowd who want everything to be made easier and whine and cry about portals being removed. True vanilla players know that portals took away the identity of the mage, and the group finder stopped world pvp from happening outside of dungeon instances, and took class identity from the Warlock. We know that flying mounts although cool in thought helped to further divide the community because we no longer would be forced to travel in dangerous zones and need to rely on others for assistance. We know that we are the people you want to subscribe because the retail players want everything handed to them, and we were the original fanbase that projected WoW into the heights that it became just from our sheer love and promotion of the game we shared with our friends.

We’re here waiting to subscribe to a home in Azeroth that has been destroyed for us a long time ago. Some of us stuck around and played here and there but we all knew that the glory days were over and that the new influx of players that wanted a watered down version that catered to them were outnumbering us…

But now we’re here, watching the retail crowd unsubscribing because their portals were removed. We’re here watching them unsubscribe because they didn’t want to have to earn the right to play as the new allied races. You’re learning (hopefully) that the crowd you’ve been catering to will never be happy until they log in and click some buttons, grab their reward pinatas and log out.

True vanilla players that want our home back and will give you a steady stream of subscriptions only want for you to stop listening to the voices of those who want the easier versions of the game. The whiners have and likely are mostly still subscribed because they have their home in Azeroth, complete with a version of AV very similar to 1.12.

We want our home back, we want the hard version of WOW because the easy stuff is out and has been in development for over 10 years trying to please that crowd.

We want 1.5 AV, we want to watch the original cinematic and when it says “The tenuous pact between the Horde and Alliance has all but evaporated, the drums of war thunder once again.” We want the hair to raise on our necks and goosebumps to travel across our body thinking about the war we will have.

1.5 is a representation of that war, for many of us it was THE war.

Please reconsider your stance on AV. The true fanbase that will be subbed for years to come is here. Thanks for reading, I appreciate all of the work you all are doing.

76 Likes

I can feel the love in this post.

23 Likes

Take a little bit of that bitter “us VS them” out of your post and it could be good.

8 Likes

Sorry, not sorry.
There is a huge difference between what will make WoW Classic Successful, and what bored retailers who drove my game into the ground years ago think is good for Classic.

But no seriously there is a huge difference between what retail players want and have versus what classic players that will actually make it to Alterac Valley want.

5 Likes

Yeah, you just keep making sure to stoke those flames. Blizzard definitely wants that, wants people creating posts like this, passive-aggressively insulting an entire playerbase. /s

I don’t know if you secretly want to make sure Blizzard sticks to their guns on 1.12 AV, but a post like this that is largely just disdain towards Modern WoW players isn’t helping bring back older AV elements.

1 Like

“slightly”

lol.

Nice level 120 achievement, btw.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Does 1.12 AV have the 600 resources?

Thanks, I did some pvp for a little bit too and tried a class I had never played. Had an okay time with some world pvp and I unlocked the mag’har.

Edit: blizzard knows about the difference in opinions between classic faith and retail fans, I think I did a decent job to reinforce this. I personally think we’re easier to please than retail players too… was that hurtful to say as well? Oops…

I had and still have close friends that love retail. I am the kinda person that will try very hard to like something if my friends are into it. But I just couldn’t convince myself that it was worth a second monthly payment…

6 Likes

We need more people willing ti discuss the differences of what true vanilla players want versus what retail players want. It isn’t that one is right or one is wrong, it just equates simply to “different stroke for different folks”

Edit: As I think someone stated before it is more than a little disturbing to people to see a post from the devs that has such a pro look at making the game easier. Getting easier content and “reward pinatas” is exactly what changed wow for the worse for those of us that are no longer subbed. SO if they want NEW subs, which I assume is the point of brining back a vanilla version of the game to cater to players who have a totally different mindset than retail. They should look into what it is that vanilla players want. AV was meant to be a PvPvE War… it was the “final Frontier” for the war between the alliance and the horde.

This statement here just exactly that they are not considering the fanbase they are trying to reach right now.

Please Blizz, listen to people that want harder versions… we want our home back.

17 Likes

I am really hoping they read this thread, but every day now our forums are being flooded with retail trolls trying to wreck our game seemingly for fun… or maybe out of spite that their game is not what they want right now…

Which brings me to another point that I hope Blizzard has someone tracking these trolls that are just bouncing around between classic and retail forums just ranting and knocking the devs and the games…

7 Likes

Hopefully the CMs have ways of seeing who is doing the alt dance to do such. Such as the players bnet tag regardless of the alt.

I tend to think blizzard at this point is OK with them due to confirmation bias.

5 Likes

It truly was all about the war, and AV truly was meant to be an end game battle zone for level 50+.

Think about it. you could access WSG and AB at level 10… they were just the Battlegrounds that lead up to AV. This place was never supposed to be patched to the point that people could zerg easier, and I don’t think when Blizz was nerfing AV into 1.12 that they WANTED it to become a zerg… but players found a way… so we need to revert back to hard versions to HELP to PREVENT it from being so easy.

18 Likes

I loved ERPing with people in the snowy lands of AV

14 Likes

I dont RP myself personally. However I know that having a 1.5 style war vs a 1.12 zerg is probably more ideal for RPing.

7 Likes

I actually just suggested in another thread that PVE/PVP servers have 1.12 and RP/RPPVP servers get 1.5.

5 Likes

That’s an interesting thought

3 Likes

I thought so.

3 Likes

I stopped reading this cringe at the part where people need to earn Allied Races.

Sorry, locking races plastered on the Xpac features behind rep is a scumbag thing to do.

1 Like

I’m sure there is. But there is also a huge difference between what some classic players that will actually make it to AV want and what other classic players that will actually make it to AV want.

I love how everyone who doesn’t want what you want is some “retail fan” whose opinion shouldn’t be heard. That’ll surely get Blizzard to listen to you.

1 Like