Alterac Valley "The War"

Well it sounds like to me you already had your emotions in control AS you were reading, and so much that you probably already were not aligned with my opinion in the first place if when I started my opinion about retail whining about races being a retail mindset. Either way you proved that right wi th this comment and further validated that those retail players truly ARE comaining about reputation gated content. Further proving this is likely to be your reasoning for preference of 1.12 because you wanna get your rep gear and be done and not have to earn it.

I agree 100%, that’s what my post was all about. There will be people that do make it to AV that may not agree with my opinion about making AV harder to earn rep, or made into instances that can be revisited for days sometimes. Those that are in AV for rep alone or just to finish a few quests need to only exhaust more effort in 1.5av than in 1.12av. This only provides more content and keeps players with something to do longer which actually helps people stay subbed.

I think what will get Classic Blizzard devs to listen to me is primarily that when you disagree wi th my post you get a like or two but people have been reading and loving my post more than they like your response.

Also you help to further validate that in fact as a retail fan, you seemed to just come in and read my post only to respond with emotions rather than logic. I dont think you shouldn’t be heard if you make logical points to counter my opinions, but you clearly just uses emotion to derail the intentions of the post. I’m not trying to drive home that retail fans shouldn’t have a say at all, but that people who actually enjoyed and played vanilla will eventually be known to the Classic Blizz Devs if they look at the trends of logic vs emotional rhetoric, and it shows who does care about AV or who just wants to argue or just get their “reward pinatas” and then nsubscribe because they have nothing else to do. Especially when it only took them a few days irl to grind all rep for AV they needed. The majority of friends and people on these forums that are coming in here posting and supporting the 1.5 AV movement are just being met with emotional arguments like yours. When deep down inside you know that if you enjoy retail for what it is you likely have an emotional opinion about every topic that is discussed.

So please keep posting my retail friend, you’re helping to show that the retail mind set is in fact a different mindset that is more worried about their emotions and the game being released already or rep being easier to attain. I see a lot more individuals coming into this particular thread and liking my post with nothing to say than any anti 1.5av posters in any threads about the topic… and blizz sees the support is absolutely in favor of 1.5.

9 Likes

Are you sure that’s what your post was about?

Just in case you got confused by what I meant…

I was saying that there are diehard vanilla fans on both sides of the AV debate. Just because they prefer a different type of AV doesn’t mean they are retail-esq players that just want easy mode.

1 Like

Yeah there are true fans on both sides of the debate.

If you read my response to you I addressed this.

You’re right it isnt all just about them wanting the easy mode. Because some of them are just so happy were getting classic at all that they just dont care if its 1.12 or not. If you just don’t care then the topic of 1.5av vs 1.12 isnt really one you should debate because you honestly just dont care and that typically means you dont care either way. Though I dont think your opinions are in vain. It helps to show that you dont care… and that’s a valid opinion.

The others that dont want 1.5 might not only be because they want it easy, but because they just want the game out already and don’t want them taking more time to try and put together 1.5 which is also another valid opinion. Just it shows again your interest isnt in versions of AV as much as the rushed release of the game.

I really have not seen very many fans of vanilla 1.12 av actually get on the forums and say “This is why 1.12av is better than 1.5av” Other than them saying they dont want games to take forever, or they dont want the rep grind to take forever.

So that’s why that is very prominent in my threads original post, and my opinion of true vanilla fans vs retail is exactly that. Either you want the most difficult versions of the game ie the original threat, the original “peel the onion” av, or the harder dungeons/raids/content in general you are in fact supporting to the games longevity and playability for longer.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I personally favor 1.12AV but this isn’t to be taken as a favor that’s leaps and bounds ahead of earlier versions. It’s like asking me would I rather have a million dollars or a million dollars plus a $50. I would obviously prefer the extra $50 but if it happen to be the other choice I’m still grinning ear to ear.

As long as your being honest with your discussions I’m all for it! I am just tired of hearing people (broken) blow 1.12 out of proportion and acting like it’s a sin to end all sins… Honestly I would rather have an honest discussion layed out for earlier versions and honestly my opinion could be swayed quite easily.

3 Likes

Great post 100% support it!

2 Likes

I will take 1.12 over 1.5 AV 9.9 times out of 10, sorry bud.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

Well, I do know 1.12 was not AS bad as later AV versions that drastically reduced the time by adding reinforcements that once depleted made sure the game never carried on past a set time. But my post is about my experience living through the changes from 1.5av to 1.12 and I did for many reasons prefer the previous versions.

But unlike some of the other pro 1.5 AV posts, I hope I didn’t leave the impression that if I got 1.12 av it would just completely ruin the game for me. I think CRBGs would be worse than 1.12av by far tbh…

1 Like

I will take 1.5 AV over 1.12 9.9 times out of 10, sorry bud

Fixed it for you…

5 Likes

I don’t remember having to “earn” Blood Elves and Goblins, I just bought the xpac.

Now I have to buy the xpac, grind rep for a month on a race I don’t want to play, and then either reroll or race change.

I don’t need to “earn” a cosmetic change because Blizzard is greedy.

If this were true it would be surprising. Notice that I said if it were true, meaning that I don’t believe you. It makes me think you are just trolling these forums. 1.5 is far better. While I can 100% understand why they want to use 1.12… I am pretty sure no one prefers 1.12.

4 Likes

I do. =DDD

That would be lying not fixing =P

-Sinclaire -Torch-

1 Like

Yeah bro! But I believe in some form Death Knights were behind content. You may have already been able to make one but a lot of people still joined after TBC and had to earn that right too.

The main point is that retail has its problems that are vastly different than the problems in vanilla.

So I believe in my opinion that true vanilla fans are worried about the longevity and preservation of more things to accomplish in the long run, meanwhile retail fans are fighting to get their hands on content they believe should have been given to them from the start.

So when retail players come to classic forums they tend to have that mindset when discussing topics about gated content.

2 Likes

1.12 AV removes PvP from the PvP Battleground. It strips out what made it great, and the original philosophy behind the battleground.

To quote the 2005 article:

“…the goal is to defeat the enemy commander, you can try to accomplish this by charging the enemy base, but that will be extremely hard, if not impossible, unless you have an overwhelming advantage in numbers.”

“You can make your goal easier, though, via various quests that will give your side a greater advantage when it comes to taking over the enemy base.”

1.12 zerg leaves behind everything that made AV “classic” - no turning in blood or scraps, no summoning the ice lord, no summoning the dwarven riders. Just a rush to the end for a quick win. Something that was originally nearly impossible to do is now the norm.

This isn’t classic AV.

11 Likes

That’s a good way to push non-RPers to RP servers. They already have issues with this in live and back in vanilla.

1 Like

1.5 AV basically made every other BG obsolete, why do WSG or AB as a pug when you will get far better rewards especially if you’re trying to rank in 1.5 AV. The amount of honor you got from 1.5 AV was absurd. Not only was the honor absurd, so was the que time.

Especially not knowing if we are going to have a 3000 person cap or cross realm battlegrounds. on low / medium pop realms you could wait 5+ hours to get just 1 que to pop for an AV, god forbid you were doing a raid or in a dungeon by then.

As I said before I will take my 45-2 hour long AV (1.12) over 2+ day AV (1.5) 9.9 out of 10 times. You can have your opinion ill have mine.

-Sinclaire -Torch-

So you’re telling me there’s a chance…

1 Like

Valid opinion, however I believe most of the reason for the queue times taking so long was that there were many problems that have been reworked and made better with the whole queue system. So the modern technology we have in that system I think will solve those longer queue times.

And yes 1.5 Av was only something you could access at level 50 so it did allow for a higher number of honor points as it should have IMO

1 Like

This is 100% untrue 1.5 AV was hated by ALL PVPERS it was a PVE BG

Diminishing returns RUINED honor gains in AV bud, if you where a hardcore PVPER you did WSG and AB end of story. 1.12 makes getting Exalted MUCH MUCH easier and faster.

You’re fine to prefer a bg and all, but please don’t spread misinformation it’s a little… You know toxic~

4 Likes

Actually the reverse is true, WSG/AB are better for farming rank.

Each HK is not equal to each other, and killing the same group of people over and over again will begin to offer you nothing in terms of ranking up but it will still technically count as a HK.

When it comes to farming rank in Vanilla, you ideally want to win the BG quickly and kill each enemy player 2-3 times.

AV 1.5 is exceedingly bad for farming rank because of that.

3 Likes