Alterac Valley in Classic

Yeah its all unified now.

Why is the post showing s Unpinned no for me?

Are we actually getting a chance for 1.5av now?!

If Blizzard had the data to support that old AV was unpopular they could have just said that.

Besides, times change and if most people were fine with “zerg rush” AV this thread would not have over 1400 replies imo.

1 Like

The literal dev who designed AV said the reason they changed it was because it was unpopular.

What the hell do you mean “if”? They have data for everything.

2 Likes

Can someone please explain to me why the post is unpinned?

No, it doesn’t. If you cannot grasp the difference, that’s on you.

That might just have been his opinion though. I mean pretty much all changes were made with good intents and yet that got us BfA…

We have no idea and can only speculate but it pretty much boils down to:

A: they wanna bury this post due to overwhelmingly negative feedback
B: they changed their mind about AV and are working on a new announcement

Pick what you think is more likely.

3 Likes

Just because tons of “whiners” flocked to the forums because they wanted their rep or gear faster and for AV not to take so long didn’t mean the majority were not staying in game and loving every minute of it. You’re argument is completely irrational

2 Likes

[citation needed]

Thank you, I am going with B. at least that is where my soul is leading me.

1 Like

Or maybe the slogfest of NPC’s that was early AV was in fact never very popular outside of a very small group of people who just happen to be exceptionally vocal.

1 Like

they’re so over the topic they unpinned it.

Lets be real…

We’ve gone and made glue at this point boys

2 Likes

Because there’s more important topics to have pinned, hopefully it means we’ll be getting a more relevant blue post soon, that they’re using 1.12 because they feel it’s the best version applies to everything including AV.

That means sacrificing a lot when it comes to AV though. The 1.12 map just isn’t very fun. Just an honor/rep machine.

2 Likes

Maybe you think it’s a “small group of people” because not everyone cared or even knew about forums back then.

Let’s be real, people don’t g to forums for a released game unless they ave something to complain about. RARELY is it actually a person just logging in to give praise.

Forums should NEVER be where they base their decisions off of. There should be IN-GAME polls like GM ticket messages with questions to every player before they ever made changes like that. The forums cater to the MOST whining of aspects… and it has us at the current version today

And what makes you think they based their decision to change AV originally off of forums and not that it just wasn’t very popular in game.

Where is your evidence that it was not?

Subjective opinion is subjective.

1 Like

BTW if you’re taking the position that blizzard should ignore whining on the forums then shouldn’t they just ignore your whining for 1.5 AV? After this post makes it pretty clear they view 1.12 as an improvement over 1.5 for purely game play reason :slight_smile:

Participation != Enjoyment