Alterac Valley in Classic

Participation is not a metric of enjoyment.

2 Likes

Where do you guys come from with the claim

This is absolutely not true. The forums were full of posters having the exact same discussion we are having right now. The division was players who wanted to have fun versus the players who just wanted to farm honor. The new version was way easier to get the marks of honor (introduced 1.8) as the battle was considerably shorter (between 5 to 20 mins long, usually favoring Alliance for the longer battles).

12 Likes

Oh so what you’re saying is that the playerbase was as divided as it is now? Probably a good reason to go with their foundation instead of making a controversial change.

un-pinned?

Probably getting more views now, as now it looks like a fresher thread.

They did because they had the stats for AV.

Old AV was very unpopular.

1 Like

I am betting more people did AV 1.5 then did MC during the same period.

Also:
Partcipation != Enjoyment

1 Like

I was there - and it was popping on my server.

I remember with less populated servers - it was hard to get in. Bump the server size up or introduce cross-realms (which I bet are coming) that changes so long as you have a balanced server.

1.12 AV will be a ghost town as soon as people grind their rep.

1 Like

1.12 AV is actually quite a good timesink for Honor grinding, because the shorter games mean you’re not farming the same people over and over, and getting DR on the HKs for your CP.

The hardcore guys will play on AV weekends and go for 10 minute matches. Otherwise, 5 cap AB offers the best honor per hour. WSG is also faster

The private server data might be off - but those guys were getting a fraction of the honor doing AV.

2 Likes

I don’t remember even AV 1.12 being 10 minutes. An hour or two yes, down from 18+.

I am sure you can get some fun 1.12 games that last a few hours if people want to play defense.

If the meta is win swapping, and the scripting is bad - people are going to game the map and finish it fast.

Get all the AV 1.5 guys to make a promise to defense on the zerg. That way when both sides do it, it bogs down in a bridge war again. :wink:

1 Like

True - just slows it down.

I think this is moot - Blizzard is going with 1.12. Stings - but such is life.

If only others had your tolerance.

Then we wouldn’t have Classic.

8 Likes

The argument “If I yell loud enough I’ll get what I want” isn’t what got Classic. It was rational statements, quantified proof of support, and a willingness by Blizzard to look at it.

Come back with a 280,000 signature petition saying AV1.5 and they might consider it. As it is, it’s probably no more than 100 voices on the forums.

Plenty of them in this thread.

99 likes to the blue post announcing 1.12 AV, 131 likes to the first real negative post about AV in the same thread.

We have no control over that, just as we had no control over Blizzard’s willingness to create Classic. I suppose we should have listened to the Wall of No.

When phase 3 releases and we have an actual, tangible 1.12 AV, you may just see this petition.

5 Likes

131 and 280,000 are … vastly… different numbers. Also by your own admission, the forums are split on the issue.

Yes, they are vastly different numbers because 280,000 people don’t frequent this forum.

And likes on a blue post are vastly more inflated than likes from anyone else. Compare the reception of posts after the initial blue post both for and against 1.12 AV.

3 Likes