Alterac Valley in Classic

It means that AV is a black mark against Blizzard, and therefore must be buried because it reflects negatively against the Classic project.

7 Likes
5 Likes

We will fight to the last for 1.5!!!

12 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly.

11 Likes

I would like to point out on this subject that, since we will get 1.12 spells, talents and items, the NPCs in 1.12 AV will be an absolute joke.

And please, could you expand on the “Early improvements we are glad to have in place” Because through the patches, apart from the bug corrections, I don’t need see any improvements after patch 1.6…

4 Likes

Like I dunno what to say. Other than the fact my subscription is canceled and running out of days and I have yet to see a valid reason to turn it on again.

So even in the classic servers I’ll never be able to play the AV that I remembered so fondly from vanilla? The real AV, with the NPCs… with the player bodyparts you can loot, with the neutral troll infested Snowfall GY.

Why would you give us this crap 1.12 AV map? A map that was so bad it had to be continually gutted through all of BC and WotLK until it turned into the empty shell we have today. Because the 1.12 AV is the most awkward least fun stage of it.

It lacks the expansive content that the older AV’s had. While not being balanced or streamlined like the modern AV. It’s a mediocre pile of garbage that should never be resurrected ever again in any server mode.

People don’t want classic servers to play what is essentially the pre-BC patch. They want classic servers TO PLAY THE CLASSIC VERSION OF THE GAME. I can understand why you can’t give us the exact itemization or class balance of vanilla. Not everything was saved and remembered. But there is no excuse not to give us the original versions of the battlegrounds such as AV. Or the OG 5 man dungeons you could bring raids into such as Strath, Scholo, etc.

In fact it might actually be fun to play that older version of the content with the newer class changes…

20 Likes

Gross? Thats your opinion not ours.
Catering to snowflakes who might think its gross is what brought you to what retail is today in the first place.

13 Likes

I really don’t think the reason they’re not implementing them is because they’re “gross”. That was just a comedic quip by Kaivax. I would guess that the reason they’re not implementing those drops is because it creates a situation where people may collude to farm each other because I’ve heard those things vendored for a hefty sum of silver.

Oh and because they weren’t in 1.12 AV. Not to mention, there’s plenty of gross things in WoW today, far more gross than some vendor items.

I for one liked collecting the heads of my enemy as nice little trophies.

I still got a forsaken heart in my bags today on my OG vanilla character.

Those items were that important to me. And yet Blizzard is willing to throw them away forever, AGAIN, when we’re doing classic servers for the entire point of playing a version of the game we all grew up enjoying. And 1.12 version of EVERYTHING is not what I enjoyed playing. Infact I stopped playing before BC came out cause it just started to change into something that was no longer fun.

Hmm…

15 Likes

That … did not exist. It’s really one of the least effective way of farming at level 60.

5 Likes

Ugh I don’t care if it wasn’t in 1.12 AV. Some things had to look towards 1.12 as a baseline because all the stats, class balance, and itemization of older patches were lost to history.

Know what also wasn’t in 1.12? Sharding. Loot trading for soulbound gear in any form of content. Getting to report people and silence them instantly via an automated right click function.

If Blizzard can magically add stuff that wasn’t there when they want to. Why can’t they just add superior versions of BG’s or dungeons that also weren’t in 1.12 because they were part of what made the classic experience so memorable in the first place?

15 Likes

I don’t think Blizzard expected this kind of backlash about 1.12 AV.
I think it’s about time they do the same thing they did with the loot trading issue and compromise.
Put out 1.8 version of the place but with 1.12 reward structure and this whole argument will pretty much die to just few people adamantly demanding 1.5 version.

There is still plenty of time to implement it as AV is not even coming out until Phase 3 so it’s not like it’s going to affect the launch anyway.

11 Likes

Why not? Their entire playerbase cries about everything.

1 Like

We even got people who cry about other people crying.

6 Likes

Like say, mob health, armor and resistances for NPCs before 1.12 in AV?

Because one is systems they’re adding for financial or technical reasons, and the other is content they’d have to guess at, while they have a consistent and complete copy already.

They’re using 1.12 because they lack the backups to do otherwise.

At this point I’m sure they expect backlash against anything.

You’re acting like the mob scaling was balanced in 1.12 AV. Let me tell you, it was not. They were all faceroll to the point where they might as well not even be there. The map continuously lost more and more NPC’s until it became the joke that it is today. I’m actually surprised we even have a boss to kill for Balinda and Galv instead of just having it be a flag we capture.

It’s not like it would be a hard task to just implement an older version of the map. And buff stuff to get the spirit of the classic feel back. We can’t have a very inferior version of a map and just leave it there untouched while PvE players get to enjoy doing MC all the way to Naxx with launch updates despite never getting to do MC as an endgame ceiling with 1.12 class stats and balance on the real vanilla servers.

4 Likes

How do you know this?

Because private servers manage to do it, and Blizzard is a multi billion dollars company?

Anyway, why don’t we let Blizzard worry about that kind of stuff? I’ve always found it ridiculous players advancing arguments like “But it creates more work for Blizzard”. Please, let them worry about this. Customers should ask what is the best for them, not what’s best and the easiest for the company, especially when that one has billions available.

18 Likes

Alright so we’ve got people saying private servers have created 1.5 AV. We’ve got other people saying they haven’t and it’s just some custom made map they threw together. Do people want Blizzard to create an authentic 1.5 AV or do they want them to create a custom 1.5 AV?

They already have, they’ve said they’re going with 1.12 AV and doubled down on it since.

1 Like