Alterac Valley in Classic

thanks for telling us i guess, but its really disappointing, that old av might make it in was the thing i was looking forward to the most.

11 Likes

I think I can decide that for myself…

I don’t think multi-day AV with a multi-hour queue to get in is practical (unless it’s just related to some special event).

It was around 1.8 when I switched to horde, rolled this druid and started leveling and hitting BG brackets. As I hit my 50’s I recall AV popping fairly quickly and matches being anywhere from 20 - 120 minutes depending on how terrible the allies were playing. :wink:

I guess I’m not pushing for 1.5 because I can’t judge if that was “better”, but I very much enjoyed that we had to organize, take out NPCs, stealth-run archers, sneak attack GY, etc.

With all the stealth runs, It got to where the druids and rogues came to recognize each other and even know the other’s favorite tactics.

Also, it was always fun to /salute a recognized enemy druid when we came across one another in Moonglade :slight_smile:

I very much miss the old AV and I was hoping for that version. The 1.12 AV is just too much like modern AV. The old AV pre 1.12 was great because it was one of the only times in wow that you had a long drawn out PVP battle that felt like an epic campaign and not a quick match. That was the purpose of AV. If we want quicker matches we can run WSG or AB. I’d also like to point out that the rewards are itemized with longer matches in mind where winning an AV took quite a bit of effort. For example the quest reward for winning AV was itemized for a level 60 character. With 1.12 AV you should queue for AV as soon as you hit 51 and get a win in and you are rewarded with an item that has a power level similar to an epic at that level. Also with the 1.12 it’s fairly easy to get exalted with Frostwolf or Stormpike provided easy access to powerful epics for a fairly fresh 60. While it’s nice to gain easy to get powerful items, using the older more epic AV would keep the reputation grind more in line with the other pvp rep grinds which would be more in line with the classic experience you are trying to create.

14 Likes

It also reeks of excuses.
If they really, seriously, for real guys we’re not joking, lost the code and couldn’t set it up the way it was in 1.5, that sucks but it can’t be helped.
But going out of their way to say 1.12 is better so it’s fine?
That sounds like they’re making excuses to justify using 1.12, and the only reason they would need to do that is if they do have or can recreate 1.5 AV… but just don’t want to.

2 Likes

BIG mistake, in my opinion …

8 Likes

I’m glad we are finally getting informative updates about Classic. Unfortunately this is not the version of AV we all knew and loved from Vanilla. This is basically the zerg rush version we have today.

15 Likes

Or they simply do not have the talent that the original devs had.

1 Like

I still can’t grasp what the f this means…

It’s like a politician twisting words to hide the real meaning…

“Clarity” = frees up devs to work on things Ion actually cares about.

That’s pretty freakin’ LAME.

3 Likes

These were some of the best parts of AV for me.

11 Likes

lol instead of complaining of little things can’t we all be happy that classic is comeing back :slight_smile:

yeah, like your previous now-deleted post

like old warcraft which im talking about.

no, im talking about vanilla and old warcraft. idc about disneycraft(retail) community

eww

1 Like

No, not really. The decisions being made show a huge disconnect

1 Like

Disconnect from who? The hundred or so whiners that are running around claiming that Classic is ruined because they’re not getting what they want?

Lobby for your changes. I hope you get what you want. And if you don’t… well, so f’n what. If you hate it that much, run back to the waiting arms of the private servers. You won’t be missed.

Isn’t this verbatim what people have been telling vanilla wow advocates for the last ten years?
You’re damn right I’m going to moan and complain about it, because if nost, classic and overconfident developers who think they know what we want, but they don’t, has taught us one thing, it’s that the vanilla wow community wont get anything we want unless we complain as hard as humanly possible.

11 Likes

Don’t get it confused, this thread has maybe a hundred people, and that’s small potatoes compared to the tens of thousands, maybe even more than 100k that will be enjoying classic when it releases and they are all waiting for launch.

This tiny thread is not indicative of those people. Most of the posts here are made by the same people over and over.

If you can, try to remember this thread, and these posts on launch day when you can barely log in because there’s so many people swamping the login server after having reactivated their accounts. :joy:

Thats great. I played all the versions of classic AV and this one was the best, yes. This version gave AV the feeling of progression, as most elite stuff no longer respawned.

Question is: would it be possible for Blizzard to dig this version back?

1 Like

I dunno why my post got deleted, but it’s cool. The snowflakes win yet again. RIP.