Alterac Valley in Classic

This is the tipping point for me on how classic comes out. I can live with anything else in classic, but there is only one AV that I remember and 1.12 is not it.

I said my peace, nothing more I could add with 10+ posts on this subject. 1.12 is not the patch we want. Once that patch is in game and people start to figure out that too many teams are zerging the boss and they not having fun, don’t ask why!

4 Likes

I know. But AV in its original form is integral to many who desire “classic WoW” (disclaimer: myself included). Blizzard is saying that they can’t do it - which is hogwash. 1.12 AV isn’t much different than the Zergfest we have now.

This is a perfect post to have a downvote option for.

5 Likes

And yet it has 9 hearts.

1 Like

That’s fine, we just want to have fun. It’s just the earlier version encouraged skirmishes rather than zerging everything.

What do turn-ins do at this point? Not much. When people were more spread out these turn-ins were much more valuable because they wouldn’t just be zerged through.

He was more fun when he was actually in the game.

There are some names that are far worse still in retail.

1 Like

lol, you should see the much larger number of hearts that other posters have and they didn’t have to insult people to get them.

2 Likes

Point was clearly more than just I thought it was amusing. You don’t have to like it, humor is subjective after all.

Pr0 1.12 AV fanatics just want to get EZ exalted rep to get them epic and will never touch AV again. How can u live with yourself ?

3 Likes

Great post, could not agree more.

1.12 AV? The version that most resembles retail? Yeah, that’s EXACTLY what I think of when I think of Vanilla AV!

No, if you ever ask someone, or see someone talk about Vanilla AV, the first responses are always “day long games”, “korak”, mine fields, goblin shredder, etc. 1.12 doesn’t have that, and isn’t what people think of when they think of classic AV.

Why wouldn’t they want to give us a version AV that’s always talked about? That a TON of people have never experienced? Who cares if it’s good, or popular? Who cares about OPINION? This is CLASSIC WOW, not “YOUR OPINION: WORLD OF WARCRAFT”. This is supposed to be a time capsule into the past, not what Blizzard thinks is the way the past “Should be”

GIVE US OUR DAY(S) LONG BATTLES. GIVE US OUR LONG WARS. GIVE US THE ABILITY TO EXPERIENCE WHAT HAS BEEN GONE FOR OVER A DECADE. GIVE US REAL CLASSIC AV.

4 Likes

You gonna call this guy out for basically the same thing? Or do you only complain about posts/people you disagree with Zeliek?

Hee I just did this cause u said it was only #HUMOR :kissing_closed_eyes:

Yeh just hide behind the HUMOR

AHAH JOKES

2 Likes

Well.

That’s a shame.

It’s the decision I expected. It certainly won’t stop me from playing, as little as I care about PvP or ever have.

But it’s a shame.

I mean if you found it funny okay. Just pointing out at Zeliek, if he wants to call me out for something, he’d be a hypocrite to not call you out for the same thing.

I’ll tell you why I dislike 1.12 AV: it’s a fundamental shift in the philosophy of the bg. It was orginally a true epic, long, ongoing battle. The NPCs facilitated that aspect of the battleground. The NPCs mattered as much as the players. It was THEIR battle, and the players merely helped out and contributed. And then portions of the map got cutoff, NPCs were removed from the bg, the ones that remained were nerfed into oblivion. Suddenly they’re just fodder that the players plow through. Do people not see how that fundamentally changes the purpose of the battleground?

12 Likes

My memory of vanilla is hazy. But, I clearly remember two things:

1. Tarren Mill and
  2. Alterac Valley.

Both were laggy unorganized sh** shows, but two of the best and most epic moments I experienced in gaming. Far better than modern equivalents in other MMOS.

I hope Blizzard considers using 1.12 as a baseline and incorporates assets to bring it closer to the original spirit of the map. If not, this is a major missed opportunity.

1 Like

PLEASE do not use 1.12 AV, this battleground is almost the exact same as today on live servers. Why would anyone want that in their CLASSIC experience? Classic is meant for players to experience the past and things they can’t anymore, so why would you guys implement 1.12? 1.12 AV has no soul, the factions almost entirely ignore each other and just go get bases and PvE, it is such a boring and dull experience. Please use a pre 1.8 or 1.8 version of AV, when it still had a soul. Using 1.12 will affect many players overall classic experience and affect the longevity of our play time. You guys were doing so well, and I understand that this might set back your development plans some, but please listen to the majority of community and use 1.8 or pre 1.8 version of AV.

7 Likes

I mean, this is a fair argument. The argument that 1.12 is bad because it’s a zergfest when 1.5 can also be zerged if people bother to learn how is not.

1.12, zerged by pugs: 8/10 times succesfull.

1.5, zerged by pugs: 1/10 times succesfull.

Keep using the same argument that both can be zerged…

7 Likes

Well seeing how they are releasing content in different patches and artificially time gating items, they should make an effort to do the same with av.

But then again they probably have the same philosophy as retail, fast bgs everyones a winner.

Next subject is will cross realm bgs be available when bgs first launch.

You were the first post I wanted to downvote in this thread. If I could I’d downvote him too.

1 Like