Alterac Valley in Classic

I hate to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it honestly feels like numerous posters on this forum are genuinely only posting here because they despise vanilla fans and seethe at the very thought of Classic being made and cheerlead the idea of it failing. Which I can’t really blame them for, there are so many people who despise modern WoW and people who still play it, so of course some of them will try to “get back” at people who hate them. Still not a healthy thing to do either way.

2 Likes

My favorite incarnation of AV was when it lasted 5 days.

2 Likes

They are creating a time machine to go back in time and will fall just short of reaching the sweet spot for AV.
Is like going back 2000 years for Classic Christ and aiming to land 1 day after he was crucified…

4 Likes

So will all of Classic be a 1.12? Does this mean 2H Enhancement Shaman will already be defunked because dual wielding was put in during 1.12 if I’m not mistaken?

1 Like

“A” on your AV plans. I wouldn’t mind seeing Korak come back but not having him is not a deal breaker. All the other decisions are on the mark. Its important to not have the blasted timers (that made tactical play impossible), and it is equally important to have a balanced map (i.e. after the GY move), and to NOT have reinforcements because reinforcements resulted in infinitely long games without the timers to end it.

Bliz didn’t say for certain but I really hope there are no timers in this AV. The introduction of timers basically turned AV into a non-tactical zerg. The original AV was more fun. I don’t want timers. And that is also why we can’t have reinforcements… even without reinforcements some AV games can really get drawn out. But with them an AV game can last 20 hours… basically never end.

-Matt

That’s no problem. He came back 2 days after you arrived.

1 Like

But with more holes

Because crucifixion, gross. Carrying a cross while wearing a crown of thorns is too hard.

You’re mistaken. That was a private server called Rebirth.

Was that the one where he got kicked out of that 12 man guild called The Disciples?

He was the guildmaster. Got booted because he wrecked the guild bank and tossed out all of the moneylenders in the process. Having an all priest guild simply doesnt work for progression.

If somebody wrecked my guild bank, I might want horrible things to happen to them as well. I’d probably even consider using my tailoring to make the burial shroud.

I really appreciate all that the devs are doing, you guys are fantastic and I am glad that you guys have been communicating with the forums so much lately. You guys really are great.

That being said, my vote is with a previous version that made it more difficult to zerg because of the guards in towers and Lieutenants in the boss rooms.

I believe the war that raged on was something to behold and AV was originally intended to be a PvPvE BG and would force different specs for a victory.

I will still play if its 1.12… but I would really love it if you would reconsider to a previous version.

Retail wow is a zerg fest… we want war.

Thanks again. Devs. Love u folk.

2 Likes

They have th data. PS have 1.5 AV so you think Blizz can’t?

There are other reasons they want 1.12 I am assuming it’s because they are half assing Classic which is disappointing.

1 Like

Shaman couldn’t dual wield until 2.0.

Someone said you could still view it in the map viewer if you know how to use it

Oh boy… We get to play a version super similar to today’s… It could have been added as a separate queue or special event. It’s vanilla content we will never get to play.

2 Likes

Too many things was removed from 1.5 to 1.12. BECAREFUL what you wish for by saying 1.12 is ok. Once it is in the game, they won’t go back.

Just look at what was removed and use your imagination on how fast the game will last with pretty much everything removed, but right before they went with reinforcements:

1.5: Added

• Winterax Hold
• Wildpaw Ridge
• Syndicate NPC’s
• Mine Layers, Landmines
• Korrak the Bloodrager
• Portable Shredder Unit
• Tower/Bunker Guards
• Lots of Standing Guards
• Lots of Patrols
• Long battles

1.8:

• Winterax Hold removed
• Wildpaw Ridge removed
• Syndicate NPC’s removed
• Mine Layers, Landmines removed
• Shorter battles

1.10:

• Korrak the Bloodrager removed
• Portable Shredder Unit removed

1.11:

• Tower/Bunker Guards removed
• Most Patrols removed
• Most Standing Guards removed
• Ridiculous short battle

3 Likes

Right, pre-expansion patch.

I strongly urge you to reconsider this, there is a reason why we actually LOVE all the NPC’s in AV and why that’s good for the map and why it’s a big part of the experience.

13 Likes