Alterac Valley in Classic

Yes.

I don’t know if Blizzard really gets this. But part of what is attractive about classic was that Vanilla didn’t hold your hand, that separates it from retail. But with this version of AV, Blizzard seems to be saying, we dont what classic and retail to be different in terms of difficulty. THIS WAS WHAT BROUGHT ME BACK TO CLASSIC AND WOW. PLEASE REVERT THIS AV

6 Likes

There’s more people in Stormwind right now on Faerlina than there are on all of Stormrage. I dunno what makes you think it’s not succeeding.

You obviously have trouble with reading comprehension. Where did I say Classic is not succeeding?

No, it’s just people would rather play this bastardized version of Vanilla than play retail. Just because Blizz doesn’t listen to their player base and makes stupid decisions doesn’t mean it isn’t better than retail.

Talk about intellectually lazy, you use a 9/11 strawman argument in a gaming forum. #Gratz

But this was the last iteration of vanilla AV.

So it’s literally Vanilla.

Most people who play Classic never played Vanilla. Hence why “Boomer” (person who played this game back then) is a slur.

Hence they have nothing to compare Classic to so your point is moot.

1 Like

Fix it Blizz bring us Korrak and buff the NPCs, give us pre 1.12 AV

14 Likes

Screw your clarification - This is Crap.
My clarification is my subscription will be ended after 15 years of playing. You done screwed it up Blizz.
#BlizzFail

10 Likes

These guys need to be sacked, how the bloody hell could they get it soo wrong.

7 Likes

Current version of the game makes AV too trivial with all the changes caught up to 1.12. The original AV designer never meant AV to be a 10 min exercise. This is one area Blizzard needs to listen to the community for feedback and actually observe AV.

10 Likes

No there weren’t, and it was fun. Kaivax can burn in a fire.

This AV is Retail garbage dumpster fire

10 Likes

Why is Retail getting good AV and we’re stuck with this abomination? Fix it!

10 Likes

Be heard

(Give us our legendary AV back. sign this petition)

ikr, this isn’t even 1.12 version at all! 1.12 the final bosses got buffs from adds (when towers are up) in the real 1.12, this one they don’t give any buffs.

No kidding, it’s 1.13

That is the $20 question.
It can only be interpreted as a blatant snub by the powers that be which demonstrates their distaste for the people who returned just for classic, and who wouldn’t touch that steaming pile of BFA with someone else’s 10’ pole.

And also note the swarm of retail characters that suddenly appeared today to gloat about it.

9 Likes

Which is supposed to be based on the 1.12 version without changes, but oh well, guess they couldn’t help themselves.

Compared to Classic AV, Korrak’s Revenge seems like a better reimagination of the vaunted AVs from Vanilla.

4 Likes