Alterac Valley in Classic

Agree. Also, going with 1.12 is the largest cut/change to content they have floated.

8 vs 16 debuffs, spell batching, sharding, API choice, graphics ect. effect how you experience the content. Going with this version of AV will cut out a portion of the content.

21 Likes

Well no, people knew they where going with talents and itemization based on 1.12 but everything was worded as ‘may change’ so no one knew for sure if their decision was 1.12 as the core foundation for the game.
The fact they now stated 1.12 is the core many people are unhappy because that’s not exactly the best patch for content considering it made many of the content it had easier and less fun.

Also you see you are contradicting yourself, 1.5 AV was within the 1.X.X (considering 1.X is still just 1.X.0) so changing AV would work. Foundation would imply that the changes they make wouldn’t be to far off from 1.12 AV thus stronger NPC’s, more NPC’s, or any other changes wouldn’t fall in there. 1.12 AV was designed to make AV easier, not harder, so going backwards doesn’t match that foundation.

3 Likes

Happy or unhappy wasn’t the question. The question was whether or not players would know what to expect. Blizzard’s stated it so now people have a rough idea of what to expect.

I said in an earlier post I’m not against players lobbying for changes provided they fall in the 1.x.x timeline so I’m not contradicting myself. If players lobby for 1.5 AV and they get it, that’s great. But if they don’t, it’s not the end of the world. Nor will it ruin Classic. Nor will it bring about global catastrophe and the rise of the New World Order. And yes, that’s hyperbole. However, to read some of these posts, you’d think that using 1.5 AV means they’re just giving retail a new name.

clearly missed some points, the point was people didn’t know their core foundation was 1.12 as the panel stated ‘may change.’

you are contradicting yourself though, you are stating the foundation, and the changes should closely match 1.12, this means that if it’s not towards making the game more casual (as that’s what 1.12 was intended to do) then it shouldn’t be implemented.
Maybe you just never knew that?
I do agree to some extent that ‘changes’ to the 1.12 client is acceptable but I do disagree that the foundation should be based on 1.12 alone as more people wanted classic because classic was remembered as being hard.

4 Likes

“Warts and all”
(except that which we as developers viewed as “too hard, and gross” for players)

14 Likes

:thinking:

I agree. A lack of consistency and logic, as well as facts when arguing for something is a real big problem on this forum.

1 Like

people use current wow because they know more or less what people mean.

1 Like

People are constantly claiming that 1.12 AV will always, or often be a zerg just like current AV. Current AV is not a zerg; go do an AV on BfA and try to convince people to ride to the general and zerg him down.

I don’t know if 1.12 AV will mostly be a zerg in Classic. I don’t think it will be, at least not at the start but I don’t know for sure. However, I do know that BfA AV is not a zerg because I’ve done it multiple times recently. The towers cap, defensive teams retake graveyards and backcap towers. A lot of the time we encounter a Horde group at Galv and sometimes they wipe us and the game for us becomes a defensive one, etc; etc.

The dishonest, or ignorant comparisons between BfA AV and 1.12 AV aren’t making a case for the more complete version of AV to be implemented into Classic. Argue for earlier AV design based on the merits of that design, not a false comparison between 1.12 and BfA.

1 Like

depends on the classification of ‘zerg,’ modern wow might not be zerg to captain and kill it but zerg can also be rush to all 4 towers, wait tell they burn then kill captain. That’s more of a 1.12 AV as NPC’s where nerf’d so new lvl 60’s could be more effective against NPC’s and capturing points.

1.5 AV had npc’s so strong you required a tank for them, and you only required a few players to wipe the opposing faction (assuming you turtled).

The contrast is quite large.

1 Like

Every video and comparison the people making this “1.12 is a zerg just like BfA AV” claim show is always about rushing the general and ending the game in under 10 minutes.

1. Blizzard stated they would be be using 1.12 last June in the Dev Watercooler. As for things “may change”, they may and they may not. Until they do, I go with what I know and that’s 1.12.
  1. Outside of saying Blizzard should remain in the 1.x.x timeline, I haven’t stated a preference as to how things should be. As for my preference, it’s anything in the 1.x.x timeline. 1.1 or 1.12 is fine with me so long as I have the Warcraft I knew and loved back. Actually, I started some time between 1.5 and 1.9 so I don’t know anything prior.

2. The only issue I have with any of the debate is with people coming in saying that something in the 1.x.x timeline isn’t Vanilla because it wasn’t as hard as some earlier version.

3. This whole “Waiting For Classic” thing is starting to get to me. I’m caring way too much about things I don’t care about.

Then why are you posting in here? Simply looking to get reactions? What exactly is your agenda here?

You yourself state that you dont care which 1.x version it is, then why are you putting so much effort into annoying those who DO care?

13 Likes

Dude they aren’t saying it wasn’t vanilla literally. They are saying its not the AV that makes it the iconic story worthy version that makes it a classic. When people think of old av the version most people are thinking of isnt 1.12. For you and Galdor to keep throwing that around at the very least makes you look super dense or your just trying to be a contrarian to get your troll points.

14 Likes

Let me say this very clearly: I am of the opinion that the spirit of Vanilla is not captured in a single BG. As for being contrarian, if I am being contrarian, it is in response to the hysterical postings of those saying that Classic with 1.12 will either be a) dead on arrival or b) not much different from retail. Finally, ff there is a polite way to tell somebody to stop getting their knickers in a twist over something that won’t happen for months without their reacting as if I’d challenged them to pistols at dawn, I’ll be certain to use it going forward.

Blizz double speak.

Their actions actually mean that it’s “easiest and least”

2 Likes
https://strawpoll.com/1gp893s3
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2394028-Alterac-Valley-Original-or-Nerfed-version/page2
3 Likes

took a break from the forums, glad to hear this news! This is exactly what I wanted!

Prime example right here why we need bnet tags on the forum. “Took a break” (has been posting on another character about blizzard not having the data)

2 Likes

? I haven’t touched the forums in over a month lol. What other character do you think I am? This should be interesting. Guess I over exaggerated as my lost post before today was March 5th, but that already has my stance on Blizzard not having the data.

Them using 1.12 AV is a straight up tragedy…

Blizz is like Trump for a lot of people, Blizz could go downtown and shoot someone dead and some of these people wouldn’t blink an eye, they’d be like Blizz had to do what they had to do and then rationalize killing the person.

Using 1.12 AV goes against their stance on “Warts and all”…its counter to what they’ve said. When you do that you start to lose trust and when you lose trust people lose faith in the project and the Devs. :wink:

THE BEST THING THEY CAN DO IS REVERSE COURSE ADMIT THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND MOVE ON.

10 Likes