Alterac Valley in Classic

This continues to highlight the fact that you need to go against the natural course of the BG to make PvP happen in 1.11+, which was not true of versions prior to that.

Thank you for highlighting this glaring problem with the BG, Ziryus. You very skillfully point out that in nerfing the PvE aspects, the PvP aspects were nerfed as well.

6 Likes

You may have guildies in the same area as you and never see them unless they are in your group. They have given very little details on how layering is going to work, and I am frankly sick of some posters telling me to go view a streamer video to get answers (that are not even there).

But with layering and potentially larger server pops there really shouldn’t need to be CRBGs, yet they have already decided to have them. I am baffled by the disconnect.

Agreed. Sadly it appears that all decisions being made are with retail players in mind.

Nice first post of someone who never played during vanilla, and immediately liked by zyrius. Shocker.

2 Likes

1 Like

/shrug you still fail to understand the problems with AV were caused by reinforcements not 1.11 removal of NPC’s.

You fail to understand that the 1.11 removal of NPCs was an issue, and that the addition of reinforcements as a mechanic was a completely separate issue.

5 Likes

Exactly they are completely separate, reinforcements are what turned AV into a rush or die game not the removal of NPC’s.

Before reinforcements either side can do exactly what I 'm suggesting, stop being lazy and break the zerg and still win. Post reinforcements that is impossible for alliance to do which means alliance has to rush. But if horde play D alliance loses by default, when that started to happen alliance simply stopped queuing. And that’s where we are today, both sides simply zerg because there is no alternative.

That is 100% because of reinforcements.

1 Like

Ensui, you know by now that he is not arguing in good faith. Why continue to take the bait?

1 Like

They removed content that people would still like to experience. What makes AV special is it’s combination of PvE and PvP objectives. This isn’t just about how long the battles take.

3 Likes

I’d be totally down with them offering both versions but for a map I want to play more than once in awhile 1.12 AV is a much better choice. But honestly they didn’t remove that much actual content, a few major NPC’s and some junk NPC’s.

AV, The most allianced sided BG even to this day… The bridge choke point is far to op for alliance to defend.

1 Like

See Ziryus, this is why no one takes you seriously, and everybody thinks you are a troll

• Neutral Gnolls gone
  • Neutral Trolls + Korrak gone
  • Mine Field Gone
  • Shredder quests Gone
  • 30% HP/Damages of NPCs gone
  • Repeatable quests to level up the reputation gone
  • Most Elites NPCs gone (make into non-Elite, see below)
  • Most Non Elite NPCs gone
  • Portion of the maps gone

Yeah right, they didn’t remove that much actual content …

12 Likes

Thank you for lining it all up so beautifully.

Yes that’s not much actual content in terms of the BG, all the towers are still there, all the GY’s are still there, all the objectives are the same. So yes they removed a handful of major NPC’s and some minor NPC’s and some PVE objectives. Nothing important though.

Reinforcements were a much more significant change than any of those.

If you want quests and NPC’s to kill there’s a huge world with tons of dungeons to do so in.

Just because you don’t think it’s important doesn’t mean it isn’t important to other people. AV is special because it had all those PvE objectives side-by-side with the PvP. If killing other players is all that matters there are two other BGs for that.

3 Likes

1.12 AV still has a ton more pve elements than AB or WSG. They just tweaked the balance to favor pvp as the primary focus instead of pve which makes sense for a BG.

We should start a petition… boycott.

Blizzard, you really need to adhere to your fans… thats why BFA is what it is right now.

2 Likes

Asking for a different version of AV isn’t taking some accountability?

And because of all this, you remove the entire BG’s content except for the boss.

1 Like

Let’s see, things that haven’t been removed. No Towers were removed, no GY’s were removed, the mini leaders were not removed, plenty of NPC’s are still wandering around, mines are still around. Seems like there’s a ton of stuff still there besides just the bosses.

You just bypass most of it, leaving a few to cap towers.

1 Like