Alterac Valley in Classic

Get out your 280,000 person petition.

You’ve posted more in this thread than anyone. Repeatedly saying blizz said. Yea. We get it. You’re bored.

1.5 AV being nerfed into 1.12 in a later content bucket is as authentic as you can get.
Having 1.5 as a weekend event would also allow people to taste authentic 1.5 AV.
1.5 was a huge part of Vanilla for many players. That is why this is still being championed.
“Blizz said.” Blizz also said they would never do Classic. Good thing we didn’t listen to those hall monitors posting that wall of no either.

6 Likes

If you’ve read any of my posts, both of those suggestions I am completely ok with. The majority of people demanding 1.5 are outright refusing to accept those options.

I’ve read enough of your posts to know your go to is “blizz said”. To me that is just wall of no. I’ve read enough to consider your posting technique as concern trolling.
You’ve done nothing but tried to shut down any topic brought up with blizz said.
You want people to stop taking about things yet you keep it going with your “concerns. cause blizz said”

7 Likes

That’s in response to “Replace 1.12 with 1.5 AV forever.” That’s a non-starter. If you want to call that “Wall of No”, then go get a 280,000 player petition and they might change their mind.

What else is there to say at this point, blizzard made this post specifically to address the issue of AV. And they made it clear that like everything else in classic they’re going to be using 1.12. At this point asking for changes to 1.12 AV is no different than asking for class balance changes.

Now if the people who are interested in 1.5 AV want to have a general discussion about changes to 1.12 great. Until then 1.12 as is, #nochanges.

Are you guys seriously still discussing av? This is a dead topic my dudes the decision was made

There are other ways to get some of what they want if they’re willing to discuss them.

I mean what do they want besides earlier versions? Without even mentioning how imbalanced it was in favor of the alliance, I’m pretty sure it’s been stated over and over again that the data has been overwritten for their version so whatever they are asking for is going to just be guess work.

It’s unstickied. We’re getting retail AV. feelsbadman.

This will be pretty crippling to PvP outside of the insane wPvP phase.

1 Like

They also made the decision not to have vanilla servers. Bye

1 Like

Blizzard might be willing to implement an alternate queue weekend where every few weeks, people can queue up for a All NPC’s “Remastered” version (since they don’t have the actual data). That way it wouldn’t be splintering the PVP playerbase, people could try out the AV 1.5-1.8 experience, and 1.12 would be the norm for Honor grinding.

1 Like

That was a decision that was made because they thought there was no way to convert vanilla data to the retail foundation. This decision is made because the earlier version is one they deem as imbalanced and the later version is fixed.

Two completely different scenarios

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for trying out the earlier version, but honestly they seem to be really pushing for that museum piece and having a bg weekend where it changes it that much would be going against the grain of classic pretty hard.

If they are going to actually attempt a remaster they should just open with an earlier version and progress as the game goes on.

But they already said they won’t do this either so idk man

Having an optional alternate queue is like having a limited time exhibit in the museum, if you want to have the logic. They could extend that weekend to other things like “Original Stats C’thun - Can you beat him?”. (AKA Prove Ion Wrong)

1 Like

Yeah this sound cool in theory but honestly it just sounds like a vanilla esq brawl to me. Especially since most of the people are on the server only bg que team this would be pointless as ques for either bg would be decimated.

We are getting into that grey area where you’re adding in something new (2bg options) but it’s both vanilla versions. It’s just not vanilla dude idk. Two versions of aq two versions of av two versions of strat two versions of this and that. Like I said I’m all for the earlier versions as well but this is getting into silliness territory. Either progress it or keep one version static I honestly don’t care which but I prefer the later one.

We know they’re implementing the 1.12 version. Just offering ideas on things that could be a compromise.

I was among their number, fortunately I was raised by the Lich King for another chance to play Classic.

1 Like

No, they made that decision because they where full of themselves and disrespected a large part of there fan base for the sake of what they thought was best.

A hybrid AV with Korrak, Mine Layers, and in a state before the guard/hp/damage nerf is easily do able. You have no idea what you are even talking about with this whole thing. They folded on loot trading, they can still fold on this to. AV won’t be out until months after Classic launches. Stop being a rat and cutting down the desire for a better AV experience.

4 Likes

Two points on this however.

First, Blizzard has never said if the data had been lost or not. Prior to the watercooler, in one interview or publication, they did mention that they had retrieve several patches going even older than the 1.12 patch (They did not specify up to when).

Now regarding imbalance, remember Kalgan a.k.a Tom Chilton? From patch 1.12 to 2.3, AV has not been touched. Do you know why they implemented the timer, the reinforcement and added more honor to towers/captains/generals? Because Kalgan, just a few weeks before the deployment of the patch (November 13 2007) addressed the issue AV had. The Alliance was winning 70-80% of Alterac Valley. The zerg rush were too common and the map favored the Alliance too much. Funnily enough, this was completely reversed in patch 2.3, changing the strategy with horde having a bigger advantage thanks to the location of their cave. I mean, horde was still losing a lot but technically, they had a way bigger advantage in patch 2.3.

Which was then changed in patch 2.4.0 with their cave being pushed back. With the reinforcement, which was a stupid addition, at least the BG was back to win ratio something like 60-40 for Alliance.

So no, there is a problem with patch 1.12; it is favoring Alliance too much. Horde players will enter AV for the reputation and that’s it. For the BG week ends, they will AFK in the cave. This is how we did back then to let Alliance win. The faster they win, the better it is for the horde players as you get bonus honor. This was the issue between patch 1.12 and 2.3

8 Likes