Alterac AFKing and Non-Participants

You guys plan on ever doing something about the rampant afking and non participants in alterac valley? Every game this weekend and the couple days has atleast 10 afkers. Its worse than bots…atleast the bots actually do something and act as cannon fodder.

Edit: Extremely embarrassing that Blizzard allows this behavior.

2 Likes

Report them away.

If they don’t get kicked, they aren’t actually AFK.

1 Like

Don’t be willfully ignorant. They sit there watching Netflix or w/e and only move when they get flagged. 99% of the match they are afk from the game.

7 Likes

So… they’re not AFK, they’re just not participating. There is a difference.

You can report people away, and if they’re AFK, they’ll be kicked and given deserter. There is no “report for not participating” button.

2 Likes

Are you hung up on the general use of the term ‘afk’? You know exactly what Im referring to in my post. Would you like me to reflect your term instead and use ‘Non participant’? It quite literally changes nothing other than terminology and everyone reading this post knows exactly whats being said.

4 Likes

You’re allowed to just stand there and do nothing, as long as you’re not actually AFK.

To answer the question in your OP: no, they’re not going to do anything about people not participating.

Thanks for your opinion. They change issues like these when it hurts the games over all playability and enjoyment. Look at Black Lotus as an example and the change in WSG mapping. Just for you, Ill edit my original post to include non participants as they are a bigger plague in AV than anything else.

1 Like

Haven’t they had multiple banwaves over this behavior?

3 Likes

I would hope so. Doesn’t seem to have made much impact. Im in a game right now and 15-20 of these people are just sitting there while the opposite faction is killing them.

I will say, the alliance spirit has gotten way worse. I did the AV exalted grind on this character around December/January and while we lost most games, but we at least tried to win every game and we actually won some. I just finished it on my alt recently and every game the entire raid group gave up before it began and relegated themselves to farming crystals at SH until SH got captured then turning in and letting them win. The only games I won on my alt’s grind were on AV weekend when the rankers actually have an incentive to join AV.

whats the point of posting this. bored playing av? well you know the solution to that problem. Tired of queues? there is a solution for that too.

Did you read the original post? It clearly addresses the issues.

1 Like

No, they don’t. It’s been this way for half a year- just accept that’s the norm.

Yep its awful. The games would be competitive if people actually played instead of afking. If Blizzard enforced banning/suspending people who afk or non participate I highly doubt we would have this issue.

I think the people who announce at the beginning that they intend to just farm rep and lose are as bad as the afk’ers.

No thanks. I’ll bring up the glaring issues and voice my opinion as I see fit. Blizzard has it within their power to make changes. They made changes just a few days ago with the black lotus and wsg issues. Why should this be any different?

Black lotus- randomized spawns with other high level herbs, and spawn more often. Linking a spawn with other spawns, and increasing drop rate are pretty simple to do and require no further work once applied.

WSG- they put up invisible walls that kill people, again easy to set up and require no further effort.

Banning bots and AFKers- requires constant, frequent intervention and monitoring by GMs to work, and takes players out of the game. To put it into business speak- it increases expenses while reducing revenue.

I’m guessing you meant that as a rhetorical question, but that’s why it’s different. And that’s why Blizz will never do anything about it- it would cost them money.

They lose more players who get frustrated with the crap system in place than they would for suspending afkers/non participants. Time for them to step up.

I don’t ever go afk in AV.

Can’t catch any fish if you do.

2 Likes

Lol. Back before I abandoned AV entirely I would point out afk’ers in chat so that they could be marked. I would get responses like “who cares” and “let them play the game their way”.

No one gets kicked.