Alt Unfriendly Developers

How does threads work? Does it just let you do the quest in any rotation you want?

Id include that as part of the intro but yes the rp and slow walking was cool exactly once.

Apparently he does, this thread was made because (supposedly, idk because idc) he got to renown 10 before servers were up before anyone could be renown 10 (it’s 404’d now don’t bother clicking it) https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ion-cheating/777880 but you can click this one :rofl:

I disagree. I think alts are easy to keep up. I’ve been pleasantly surprised.

I don’t want to deal with renown at all! I just want to log in do some rando stuff and que BGs!

Threads of Fate puts you at the end of the story (completes all campaign quests and you can’t go back once you start ToF). You get a quest to pick a covenant at 50, then you can optionally get 2 quests, one to do x amount of dungeons and one to do x amount of BGs. You pick a zone to work in which offers the side quests and some ToF only quests and the WQs are up as well which reward XP and that’s how you level. Dungeons, BGs, WQs, and the assortment of side quests scattered around. There’s also a “Helping Revendreth(or whatever zone)” quest up and you fill the bar of that quest by doing “stuff” in the zone like WQs and killing rares.

I have to strongly disagree.
Everything I’ve seen is the opposite.

1). Renowed catchup is extremely easy. It’s built into everything you would do normally to get you caught up fast.

I’ve only spent about 9 hours post 60 on my at and am already 9 renowed. That’s huge.

2). Torghast powers you buy from vender auto apply to alts.

1 Like

I think Blizzard defines “alts” differently than most players.

This expac is alt friendly in regards to there being lots of new content to explore on alts - the Covenant questlines, as an example. If all I want to do on my alt is casual content in blues, there’s no better time to play one.

As far as being in raid, down a healer, and being able to say: “Hold on, let me switch to my healer alt since he has good gear too”
 yes, this expac is extremely alt unfriendly. You have to work so much harder to get gear beyond blues this expac.

I disagree
 this was the easiest xpac for me to level and gear an alt for the expansion. especially only a month in.

Yea my alt Druid I barely do anything and somehow he’s 180 I lv with a legendary. I love it so far, best thing this expac improved on vs last few.

How? I admit, I haven’t bothered leveling another character because the sheer thought of getting another character to a comparable ilvl to my main gives me nausea
 but maybe I’m missing something here. What did you do with your alt you barely touched to have ilvl 180?

watching people with different definitions tell each other they are wrong when they aren’t talking about the same thing

https://media.giphy.com/media/pUeXcg80cO8I8/giphy.gif

2 Likes

no kidding, people run multiple mains, and call it alt friendly

due to blizzards timegates, yes it’s possible given enough playtime, to have multiple mains
 just do everything you did on one toon, on another toon.

Alt unfriendly? Maybe if you want multiple min-maxed toons with BiS gear. The expac seems fairly alt friendly to me, so far.

The worst “unfriendliness” is Torghast, and that’s just because that place is so boring/unbearable to repeat a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time. Personally I don’t even bother with Torghast on alts, just too much of a slog/too boring to justify ~2 hours per alt.

As a side-note, if you are leveling alts thru threads of fate, you’re doing it wrong (or you goofed). Threads takes like 11-13 hours, while just replaying the storyline quests/campaign takes only 8-9 hours.

I’ve played thru the storyline quests/campaign at least 8 times now, the 50-60 /timeplayed seems to stay pretty consistent at around ~8-9 hours each time.

1 Like

And if you spend 3 hours a day on one toon, do that for four other toons.

If you spend only 1 hour each day on one toon, that’s a mere 5 hours a day when you add 4 alts (or “other-mains”) to the list.

(Note, sarcasm above.)

Fact is, I have 3 toons at max, working on a fourth, and I know I’ll have two options.

1. Gear up/max out a single main but leave my 3 alts somewhere less geared, behind in professions, etc.

2. Work on gear etc. for all of them, but just don’t hit max levels very fast.

I’m actually somewhere between these two options. My so-called main is behind where he could be in gear, just because I’ve been spending time on my alts, time I could have used for him. I’m actually not even farming the ash yet for any character, nor am I leveling any profession.

I am getting semi-decent gear for a couple toons. Not max, but better than my other toons.

But we’re only a month in. I have a couple years to do all this. So, personal choice is the slow approach and not worrying so much about being below the top 10% or so

A mythic a day maybe every other day. The weekly reward quests. Daily cov quest rewards. Just added up.

I got a druid at 58, should I activate Threads of Fate now and just BG until 60 so I have honor stashed up for some gear? Or wait and activate Threads just before hitting 60, like a few bars away?

Seems slower, but a good option I guess for those tired of running the story. Ty for explaining

where do you pick these up? i haven’t seen them.

Startegist Zo’rak has the quest Observing War: Obtain 1500 honor in Epic BGs
https://i.postimg.cc/52zDDsXq/image.png

Then head to the innkeeper and if you look to the right when standing on the stairs in front of him you’ll see a hallway through the doorway (red rectangle)

https://i.postimg.cc/wMKw5pkC/1.png

Just head downstairs and there should be two guys with quests for you.