Alt friendly my butt

Well not making renow account wide, aswell as conduits was s bad move.

Idc about thorghast, i got only one leggo (190) for my main, i am not pulling that much content besides questing, and M0s

I dont care that much for anima, but i teally cate about the world content, and to me is looking nit that good as comapared with bfa.

Tbh, in bfa i didnt care about the island and or warfronts, nd it was ok. But know i have 12 alt that i leveled o bfa, and now it is so much harder to get them to 60.

If at least the ToF method were really working to the endgame and let you work in your covenant campaign, and or reniw catch up would be better.

My butt is not alt friendly.

yuck yuck yuck! disgusting. 1-8 seriously? yuck!

You significantly reduce replayability by doing that which is not something Activision would ever do.

x3 increased speed for all systems once you’ve maxed them would be a change they might go for that would be a good change imo.

1 Like

Blizzard does not believe in allowing players to skip anything. They want you to be on there game and nothing else. Its better to not play at all and when they loose there precious money, change will come.

1 Like

I think the one I advocate for the most, is any specialized or proprietary currency for old expansions. Even sometimes, the current one, as well, like Darkmoon Prize Tickets, Polished Pet Charms, Garrison Resources, Class Hall Resources, War Resources… etc. I have so many alts that would like to get on with their storylines, just to get halted by these arbitrary currencies, where I have a ton just sitting on some random character that I rarely even go check those tables/vendors any more.

I know for some of these, I can go back and buy a resource token, at a x% loss, and mail it. Really, not sure what the point is for that, other than to do the above, but with more steps. (This also does not help me figure out who has how much, and I don’t think Garrisons even have this feature) So many things would be streamlined if they were just in an Account Currencies tab, and I could either use them freely or withdraw as needed.

1 Like

You are saying “alt” but you really mean “2d or 3d main, just as geared up as my main”. You are saying “alt-friendly” but you really mean “make my 2d or 3d main a whole lot easier to gear up after it reaches 60”.

Why? Why would a game do that? That’s not good game design.

This is a common theme with him. Anything he doesn’t do himself, he can’t wrap his head around. And literally all he does is raid. He doesn’t even mog. Worst dev this game has ever had by miles.

1 Like

So I ran my warrior thru the threads of fate, hit renown 6 or w/e like 5 min after hitting 60 and I capped honor so I could buy full 158 gear the second I dinged. I didn’t fall behind, the catchup mechanic does not require you do the campaign stuff until you’re current. Or that’s how it seems to work.

Yes. Like WoD. Because WoD was so popular and successful… oh wait…

Same, but the thing that really gets me is the Callings. They are the same for each Covenant. I know they are optional, but they are a great source of gold, and to have to do each, multiple times a week is… Ugh

As someone who was forced to roll alts because of the state of class balance, one major issue is Torghast.

It’s absolutely ridiculous an alt has to do each floor of Torghast. When an alt dings 60, if my main is on floor 8, then that’s the floor I should have unlocked.

Not to mention renown should be far more available, or ToF should be skipping ahead to a certain part in the questline(like you start at 10 renown) and not from 0.

This expac isn’t at all close to alt-friendly.

2 Likes

As someone who changed mains 2 weeks ago to this guy, I can tell you it’s alt friendly in certain respects, under certain circumstances. Two weeks ago, this guy wasn’t 60… now he’s more geared than my old main was I started playing at launch.

If your in a guild that’s willing to raid Normal while most members are ilvl 200ish… for a handful of pieces folks are missing… you will get geared in no time. As folks hunt for their last 1-2 pieces, they’ll throw loot at you for the other 11-12 slots. Then add on a willingness to semi-carry you through high level keys, and this expansion is very alt friendly.

Covenant benefits are pretty front-loaded, most of the dailies are optional, once you’ve crafted 1 lego… you basically can be done if you want… The Maw is so bad it isn’t even worth it the 3% performance boost from sockets you get from grinding it daily.

There’s really not a lot I feel I really have to do.

1 Like

I think this is where people get confused. There are a wide variety of purposes for having alts, and endgame isn’t the only one. The system is not designed to maintain 3+ enagame, raid-ready alts. Plenty of people, however, will play multiple alts to 60, via storyline or Threads of Fate, maybe do some covenant catch-up, collect mounts, pets, transmogs, and have fun doing it. The fact that people are going against the inherent design, and then complaining that it is bad, just means the game is probably not aimed at them any more.

I have a lot of characters in the middle of Threads of Fate, and a couple re-doing the storyline. I’m not going to sit here and complain that I need to pick something to focus on when I log in, or that the game is somehow bad because I don’t have the time to max all of them out in one day. I read quests, explore, or get sidetracked doing achievements or collections. That’s on me.