Alright Blizzard, That's Enough

I know right. I don’t know about non stealthies, but I play a feral druid, and rogue, on the alliance side. And it’s like being in a zombie apocalypse. So fun lol. I try to avoid big raid groups, since I’m melee. I search around in stealth for isolated people, and pick them off. If I was a hunter I would be joining the big raid groups and getting so much honor.

Either phase 2 was a mistake or it isn’t. The point the OP is making is, currently the game is unplayable, and a bit depressing might I add. And thankfully Blizzard realizes that phase 2 was a mistake and is pushing out BG’s about two months earlier than expected.

But while many are thankful for Blizzard moving up the release date, a lot of people are still scratching their heads wondering, why wait another three weeks?

If Blizzard released BG’s tomorrow you would see a lot of crying but no one is actually going to quit who wasn’t going to quit anyway. But every day without BG’s more and more people are going to quit who loved this game, and would have stayed to the end.

If Blizzard wants to save this sinking ship it needs to release BG’s next week at the latest. The only reason for them to wait longer is if they don’t have them ready.

17 Likes

I understand your point. It definitely makes sense.
Although if people actually quit today, KNOWING that in 3 weeks there will be bgs, and STILL dont come back in 3 weeks basically to just prove a point that phase 2 before bgs was horrible, then they didnt reaaalllly want to play to the end.
I doubt blizzard will release the bgs earlier.
To those players that are struggling i can only suggest waiting it out another 3 weeks then continue as normal. It would be rather odd for people to leave and never return over this.

No one gets honor for killing the same player for thirty minutes so how will BGs solve the overcrowding issue?

“It is a game”

The RIP offs had bigger server numbers.
You would have less issues with less bots.

I created some suggestions to fix the imbalance, but I doubt anything will be done.

I don’t know how the horde dominated servers are going to be able to open the gates of AQ at the rate the alliance are quitting. Something needs to be done soon.

Some horde will say its fun ganking in squads of 40 vs 1, but to me that ain’t fun at all.

4 Likes

The more time you spend not playing a game, the less likely you are to go back to it. Especially if the last experience you had with that game was miserable.

Moreover, the people quitting aren’t going to be doing nothing, they will find a new game to play, and that would make them less likely to come back.

If people began quitting after phase 2 launch, then most people’s subs won’t begin to lapse for two weeks after the phase 2 release. As long as their sub is active they are far more likely to come back. But if they cancel their sub and it lapses they are much less likely to come back.

Blizzard would be foolish not to release BG’s ASAP. If they are going to make us wait another 3 weeks, they might as well make us wait 3 months. Because if 3 months is a terrible idea and will kill wow, 3 weeks is just a slightly less terrible idea.

5 Likes

Personally I’m playing the game just fine

1 Like

Releasing BG´s so early, just because some retail gamers did not understand that pvp realms have pvp, is silly.

So they followed their favorite streamer and are now getting their butts kicked, so what? There are pve realms for those not interested in pvp, what´s so hard to understand here?

Rushing out content will not fix anything for people that did not inform themselves properly about what pvp and pve is. Instead, you ruin the game for casuals who are already lacking behind in progress and once BWL or AQ are out, they can´t even find groups for MC and then the elitists that cry now, will complain about not having properly geared people to play with.

Seriously, has nobody here played Vanilla? Content must remain current for many months, before a new phase starts. We are almost in P3 already, this is hillarious!

Of course they think it was a mistake and that shows how absolutely incompetent Blizzard is.

Rolling out mega servers with 10’s of thousands of players was a mistake. Not implementing faction locks was a mistake. Not creating enough servers at launch was a mistake.

7 Likes

Vanilla wasn’t like this. Everyone who actually played vanilla will tell you that it was nowhere near this bad. There were far less PvP’ers, and the PvP was far more casual.

I played vanilla, and I played all the major private servers. This is far worse than I ever imagined, and the faction imbalance has made the game unplayable on most PvP servers.

15 Likes

Blizzard had to release mega servers. It is what the majority of the players wanted(and still want), and it is what most people were used to after playing the private servers.

While I agree with your other two criticisms of Blizzard, I think in regards to the server population and phase 2, Blizzard was always in a lose-lose situation, just as they are now.

While a lot of people complain about faction-imbalance, balanced PvP servers really aren’t much better.

No we are not. Phase 3 is BWL, and will likely be February.

BG’s were patch 1.5 and BWL was patch 1.6.

All Blizzard is doing is separating patch 1.5 from patch 1.6. Just as they partially separated patch 1.3 from patch 1.4 by releasing Dire Maul before phase 2.

This was all a damned if you do damned if you don’t kind of thing.

You think its easy for a company to please everyone at every stage of the game? Face it, that is life. Life is all about compromises. You cant handle compromise in a game???

There is always Facebook therapy.

1. No they didn’t have to release mega servers.

2. No private server had over 10k pop let alone 50k.

3. Private servers had faction locks.

4. Blizzard fck’d up.

12 Likes

Nostalrius/Elysium/Lightshope all had larger populations than any Classic server. And the population was far more consistent since it combined China/Europe/America. On classic the servers have a lot online during peak but then are completely dead in the middle of the night. On Pservers it was packed nearly 24/7.

The only Pserver I know of that had faction locks was Gummy’s. Northdale was very imbalanced. Kronos 3 was even more imbalanced.

The vast majority of the population wanted mega servers and still wants mega servers. If anything most classic players would be fine if the populations were even bigger than they are now.

The large population size was a benefit until phase 2, and it will be a benefit again after phase 2.

1 Like

Compromising isn’t always the best solution. Sometimes people are just wrong. Sometimes compromising does far more harm than standing your ground.

2 Likes

Man I really like you. You is my favorite undead.

But I gotta say, many people are in the same boat I am, maybe it will help you consider things from a different point of view.

3 weeks is a month’s sub fee, for all intents and purposes.

I refuse to log into the game until BGs are out because the last week has taught me that I can’t do anything or go anywhere, and I’m pretty far from alone.

So really, those of us in this situation are being asked to waste a month’s subscription until the BGs come out.

That’s where we’re coming from. I straight up feel screwed out of my sub fee.

$15 may not be much, but I don’t take well to being directly stolen from.

8 Likes

Yes, and maybe just stay out of Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge? Why would any sane person camp for hours to attack people anyway? Who gives a xxx about honor ranking? How honorable are you if all you do is camp in a pack looking for strays?

1 Like

The Honor System should be renamed the dishonor system, because that is currently what it is.

5 Likes