Almost 3 weeks like this.. . cmon

Here is mine:
https:// pastebin. com/eg1H9uLC

From what Iā€™m seeing, ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976. net seems like the common denominator hereā€¦

@BraindĆ«adly, thereā€™s a lot of connection and internet issues right now and weā€™re tracking a few different ones on our end, such as India, Brazil, etc. These all have different causes to the latency or disconnection issues that we have to track these issues separately. This does not mean that it wonā€™t be resolved or looked into, it just means that we need to find a commonality and a trend for users in order to address this issue effectively :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve already added yours over to our tracking so no need to worry! The WinMTR will still be helpful to add to our tracking for anyone else running into the issue so that we can find a trend for specific issues to take the appropriate actions that are needed.

@Jaeded, the packet loss is happening after the home network and there is consistent 2% loss after the home network. The latency on the home network is a bit high, especially if you are wired.

I recommend to try checking if any mitigation/prioritization settings such as QoS, WMM, or UPnP are enabled on the router settings. If they are, try disabling them temporarily. It can help to run through some basics if they havenā€™t been done yet either, like powercycling, switching to a wired ethernet connection. If it continues, the ISP will need to be contacted to address the consistent packet loss after it leaves the home. It could be a sign of issues with the line or signal on the home network.

The ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976 peer is the Equinix Chicago node. It will be very common for all players to have this especially when connecting to the US central servers. The primary focus is where the packet loss is. High latency on the worst section is not a concern as this is due to the firewall/protection on these peering networks.

@Eleneth, thank you for the looking glass test. Both connection tests look fine to our servers. Verizon Fios is a bit tricky for us due to the backbone issue since we canā€™t see the peering networks like with other tests. Iā€™ll continue to monitor for any additional reports since we have seen Fios issues in the Northeast region of the states previously. We may be a bit limited for now since there is limitations with the connection tests. Weā€™ll need a bit more reports to see if a we can run a better reverse route to our servers. If youā€™d like to start a new thread with Verzion Fios itā€™ll help a track this centralized issue a bit more :slight_smile:

@Luntho, the test seems pretty clean and Iā€™m not too concerned with the second hop on the test since it doesnā€™t persist. Does it happen in specific areas or instances? How high did the latency spike during the test?

Iā€™m experiencing the same issues.
This happens when joining certain groups, not all.

For example, my latency was just fine when joining an epic BG,
but when I joined a random BG right after that, my ping shot up to 1k+ when entering combat and kept on increasing till it was 10k+.
This is Game Latency(world) btw. Realm Latency (home) was just fine.

Iā€™m starting to assume that this has to do with whom Iā€™m grouped with.
Or maybe Iā€™m transferred to a different data center or something when entering a BG which might be causing the problem.
Because thats the only difference I could see.

This started happening recently and Iā€™m thinking of just taking the 15min debuff if I see this and try my luck next queue.

EDIT1: btw, my latency went back to normal after I left the random BG which was causing the problem.

EDIT2: not sure if it would help but regarding the BG examples I gave above, the Epic BG which caused no problems was Isle of Conquest.
The Random BG which did cause the latency issue was Deepwind Gorge.

EDIT3: I just experienced the same problem but with a lower latency of around 500ms.
I am chain running Heroic Mechagon Workshop right now.
Past 5,6 runs were absolutely fine, but my last run was horrible.
As soon as I enter combat, spells wouldnā€™t start queueing, other players start teleporting etc.
3 people including me were from the same server, the other 2 were from Zuljin and Ragnaros, if that helps to narrow down the problem.
And again, leaving the dungeon brings down my latency back to normal.

@Caterpepi I am mostly having issues in instance combat. It will normally be at the start of either a boss or trash pull, not in between. My chat normally works fine and updates as usual, but I can not cast and nobody else moves or casts from my POV.

Out of instanced combat, I have only had it happen once but I couldnā€™t chat and disconnected shortly after, so Iā€™m putting that down to a one off.

That is exactly how it looks on my end as well - connecting from Sweden. That chicago2.level3 along with the hop after are super laggy. It seems to be worse during some hours than others so it tells me itā€™s possibly overcrowded.

My friend who is using another isp(Telia) has a different routing so he is unaffected by this issue. Us players who go through that chicago2.level3 hop are not in a good spot tho.

My winMTR info:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             me	  -    0 | 1210 | 1210 |    0 |    2 |   21 |    0 |
|                             100.69.83.1 -    0 | 1210 | 1210 |    0 |    4 |   53 |    3 |
|                             10.128.1.93 -    0 | 1210 | 1210 |    1 |    3 |   16 |    3 |
|        83-233-79-221.cust.bredband2.com -    0 | 1209 | 1209 |    1 |    3 |   18 |    2 |
|   hu0703-sto-esb11-cr1.se.bredband2.net -    0 | 1209 | 1209 |    1 |    3 |   26 |    6 |
|                             100.64.3.93 -    1 | 1180 | 1172 |    1 |    3 |   18 |    2 |
|   hu0701-sto-mar36-cr1.se.bredband2.net -    0 | 1209 | 1209 |    2 |    5 |   21 |    4 |
|   et-0-0-61.edge1.Stockholm1.Level3.net -    0 | 1209 | 1209 |    2 |    6 |   65 |    4 |
|                            4.69.142.178 -   99 |  246 |    4 |  122 |  123 |  125 |  125 |
|    BLIZZARD-EN.ear7.Chicago2.Level3.net -    2 | 1137 | 1118 |  134 |  141 |  253 |  136 |
|              ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976.net -    1 | 1148 | 1147 |  133 |  291 | 4039 |  142 |
|         et-0-0-0-pe03-eqch2.as57976.net -    0 | 1209 | 1209 |  121 |  138 |  249 |  136 |
|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 | 1209 | 1209 |  124 |  128 |  147 |  124 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

In the game I currently have around 139ms latency which is fine. It seems good this early in the morning but during the evening/night itā€™s really bad. You can see something is clearly going on at chicago2.level3 and as57976net. I should probably clarify that I wouldnā€™t run any high m+ with this lag. It is not a fun experience for anyone.

Another day, another one!
https://pastebin.com/diXynXPn

Re-logging cleared it this time. Chat was also running with no issues, just couldnā€™t cast any spells or interact with any npcs

Hello, Iā€™d like to weigh in on this issue. 3 weeks ago this lag problem started and have good days and bad daysā€¦ the inconsistency is what baffles me. The few days I manage to play without lag is a bliss, but the days the lag hits, its unrelenting and no mater what I do, reboot modem or deactivate addons, nothing works

https://pastebin.com/Xt8JD9aV
https://pastebin.com/7Wpy8CYJ

These are the WinMTR I ran with both ips provided, west and central. I ran them while going through Motherload, since my worst lag is inside instances, but not limited to it. Inside instances i get the game break spikes, which shoots my ms to 1k to 2k, on NYA i got 10k once for the entire wration encounter. Outside instances is mostly stuttering lags, reeaaaally annoying, freezes the game for a fraction of seconds and is very consistent.

I hope there is a light in the end of the tunnel for this problem for Latam players. Its been brutal trying to play these last weeks

Thank you for answering

Here is a wintmr at 8pm when im raiding.

> https://pastebin.com/G1pBAVMf

>  1. ae1-br01-eqdc2.as57976.net -    5 |  961 |  918 |  118 |  123 |  232 |  120 |
> 
>  2. |         et-0-0-2-br01-eqch2.as57976.net -    4 |  984 |  947 |  123 |  137 |  850 |  126 |
> 
>  3. |         et-0-0-0-pe02-eqch2.as57976.net -    6 |  932 |  882 |  118 |  124 |  246 |  120 | 

I think this 3 are the problem.

I am American, staying in India. I love wow. Havenā€™t been able to play because of lag. Started a raid and the lag went from 700ms to 15,769 ms. I have a killer computer, disabled admins. This HAS to be due to DDOS attacks or internet over-traffic. NEED HELP, I will have to cancel my sib until virus problem is over if I cannot even playā€¦

Iā€™m also experiencing insane latency issues randomly. Iā€™ll do 4-5 arenas or BGs just fine but one will randomly put me at 3600+ ms. its getting a little ridiculous. Never had this issue. Playing from Japan. Started a couple weeks ago.

We are an Area 52 US guild raiding mythic Ny and right now our raid server is in Singaporeā€¦Area 52 is Eastern US. Iā€™m assuming Blizz is doing this for a reason but if not how can we force our instance server back into the US and out of Oceanic?

How did you find out which actual server you were thrown in to while raiding?
Did you use some kind of app which tells you which IP address a certain app is accessing? If so, what kind of app did you use?

Iā€™m curious because Iā€™m thinking of looking up the actual server Iā€™m being thrown into when Iā€™m get huge lags in instanced content.
Maybe it might be a good way to find out what the real problem is.
Maybe weā€™re all getting thrown in to a server/data center located far away from our locale.