Allowing other races to be DH

They do. The eternal hunger.

Shadow form is a permanent buff. We’re talking about gameplay right now.
Dark souls is temporary buff. But the fact that you can use it as a void elf and have your soul infused with both fel/void at the same time with 0 side-effects makes it pretty clear that it’s not nearly as big of a deal when it comes to gameplay as you’re making it out to be.

So much wrong with all of this.

How the hell is this relevant in any way whatsoever? Why you pretending like them not being opposite automatically means they gel well together WHEN YOU’RE LITERALLY ARGUING THAT FEL AND VOID ARE INCOMPATIBLE DESPITE NOT BEING OPPOSITES EITHER.

It certainly is :smiley:

Death does not have a will of its own. Someone can be dead and have a will of their own.

A death knight does not have something in the back of his mind whispering to kill the living or perform x agenda. He did, when the lich king dominated him. The Lich king did, when the jailer dominated him. Those ties have been severed. The void does, permanently. The fel does, permanently.

Shadow form and dark soul are not states of being. They are temporary and can be altered.

Light - An ally to the player. Is sentient
Fel - An enemy to the player. Is sentient.
Void - an enemy to the player. Is sentient.
Death - Neutral. Is not sentient. Just as life is neutral and has nothing whispering in your ear, so is death.

I think you’re confusing death with shadow/void.

Death is the opposing force of life, not light.

Honestly doesn’t seem all that bad of an idea, esp for nightborne. As far as lore says, nightborne are just sort of souped up nelves who were exposed to the nightwell. It isn’t too far off to how the highborne evolved into blood elves; minor tweaks to Illidan’s whole fel-infusing recipe for them specifically would definitely work out for them.

Aw, poor guy’s all mad now :frowning:
I’d be mad too if I was on your side of the argument.

As you said before editing the entirety of your comment:

This conversation’s over.

Orc are too stupid to withstand the fel corruption and turn into full demons themselves.

1 Like

….

Void elfs didn’t exist back in tbc tho

only annoyed that some people don’t understand when they’re literally arguing against themselves.

It’s okay to be angry.

Ya know, if you’re the kind of person who gets angry over wow forums.

In that context, it’s okay.

From my perspective it’s hilarious. It’s been fun. Thanks for the laughs.

Good luck in your quest for void elf demon hunters.

This guy definitely supports you

You’re the person who constantly has it pointed out how what they said is objectively untrue and then deflects by calling the other person angry.

I was willing to engage in discussion until you clearly got emotional.

And you’re the kind of person who claims an opinion or argument is fact, which is another terrible trait in argument.

When you’re capable of maintaining composure and understanding your perspective is simply that - a perspective - I will be happy to speak with you in the future. Best of luck!

No, you weren’t. You’ve done this 4 times now when nobody is emotional at all.

Some things are opinions. Some are facts. “Void Elf shouldn’t dh” is an opinion. “Lightforged draenai dk aren’t infused with the light” isn’t.

You’re doing it again. Being as passive-aggressive as possible and accusing the other person of being too emotional in order to avoid having to admit when you made a mistake. This is like the 5th time.

Yep, nothing emotional about this.

Sorry, last comment. I just couldn’t help but laugh.

I figured you needed it pointed out in caps since you were being too thick-headed to figure it out on your own. Sorry if that bothered you. But you were literally arguing against your self. Though maybe I should have put it in bold or italics instead.

the best post in this entire discussion!

Yes please. Let me be a Z Troll or Tauren or Orc DH. Hate being a dumb elf.

1 Like

I want to be one of those Felborn like in Suramar with the green glyphs. God they look awesome.

Do we have to? Can’t we just leave DH races alone?

I wrote a short on the possibility of LF Draenei becoming DH.

In game issue is the icons and spell flavors. If you have a DH created from the Light instead of Fel, the icons and in game flavor should reflect that otherwise you lose the fantasy. So even though the possibility “could” exist, too many people would complain about the “feel” of the class in game not reflecting the race as well as more shouting about retcon-ing the lore for the sake of x, y, z races getting to play a certain class. Could the devs create it such that the in-game spells reflect the race playing the class? Sure. I’m not holding my breath for it to get done though.

Shadowlands gave every race the ability to be a DK because they are “new” dks. No reason dhs can’t make new dhs. Elves, Orcs, and Humans wouldn’t be too far off lore to do.

1 Like