Allow Void Elves to change their race name

With the new changes coming to patch 9.1.5 I really want to change the name of my void elf to high elf.

Doing this could also cause a change of racial ability colors.

In lore we could create conversion camps for elves that want to be free of the void becoming pure again.

An opposite could be done possibly for horde unlocking withered nightbourne.

Elves have really been done dirty in lore. I really want some new refreshing ideas. Maybe a LGBT+ high elf?

Thanks for reading!

39 Likes

No.

How is this refreshing? Unless they’re written amazingly, this will just be another shill of “omg look how diverse of a company we are”

As someone who’s been gay for years, it’s pretty insulting most of the time a company adds a LGBT character - especially one who’s LGBT first before an actual well-written character

44 Likes

Noooooooooooooo

Take this High Elf junk somewhere else.

52 Likes

No. Even Alleria considers herself a void elf. We don’t need to change our name to still show our high elven roots.

This feels like bait.

Ah, throw the LGBTQ+ community in your bait. Nice, nice.

32 Likes

I didn’t really think it was till I saw the random LGBT suggestion, then I was like “yep this is bait”

26 Likes

Would really like a main character introduced possibly a high elf with a LGBT+ background. I think it would be really cool. I’ve loved what they did in suramar and Ardenweald it truly made me happy.

The thing is, I want a well-written character. Them being LGBT should be a secondary, small part of them. After all that’s how it is irl. When I came out as gay, I didn’t suddenly change personality or who I was.

Just a bland character who’s super openly LGBT is pretty insulting.

14 Likes

Ugh, I’m gonna need a bigger mute list for this nonsense. No. Void elves are void elves. Thank goodness you’ll still turn purple when you attack stuff or people might think they were actually high elves.

16 Likes

Talonel alt. Has to be. Trolling, then adds in LGBTQ+ and posting on a Classic character now to hide.

6 Likes

I’m gay, and all of the LGBT characters Blizzard has added into the game have been good, and they should add more and also make Anduin x Wrathion canon

4 Likes

Agree to disagree?

No.

I want High Elves with their own name, classes, style, colours, ect and Void Elves with their own name, classes, style, colours, ect.

Anything else is just a discount race.

7 Likes

Called it.

26 Likes

I would really like some more elven lore added to the game. All elves need more, the majority loves them.

More recognition for the LGBT+ would be very delightful and welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suppose I can’t blame you anti’s for reaching for this low-hanging fruit. You clearly need the copium.

It’s not like this isn’t a troll post or anything.

2 Likes

Why? Why do I need to be represented in a fantasy game? Let the characters be themselves.

7 Likes

Why not?

I’m allowed to want things, y’know? You seem very triggered. I’m not trying to spark drama so I won’t be replying any longer. If you do not like my feedback don’t read it.

Please try to be more open and understanding towards other people.

Thank you.

Of course you don’t respond because someone doesn’t agree with your take so you also insult me even though I have not been rude once.

You trolls never change.

If you can’t take criticism, then don’t post feedback.

Think what you want, but don’t post on a public forum and be surprised when people have differing opinions.

7 Likes

Thank you for the support. I am also gay. I really appreciate seeing it recognized as normal in-game.

3 Likes

So you ignore me but just go for the other troll that agrees with you, with also under 25 posts? It was obviously either a troll or being sarcastic saying these characters are well written.

You people can’t live if you just ignore everything negative and just only listen to the people like you.

1 Like