Allow us to do dungeons and raid with Opposite faction?

I mean… kind of.

8 Likes

This is the truth.

29 Likes

What I think would be more interesting and would make queue times lower is when you Que up or join a group, you can join one with the opposite faction and like some Timewalking events it would change your race to be that of a Horde/Alliance race. That way everyone is the same faction but you get a larger pool of people to pull from, and would be fun having my Orc be a gnome for a dungeon run lol.

What we need is a neutral faction. That way you could play with either side as you saw fit - and theoretically pvp against any faction you wanted to.

That would certainly stir up the pot. :wink:
:australia:

8 Likes

lol, great team player there!

1 Like

If it helps with the “game play” I don’t have a issue with it. That’s what it all comes down to anyways.

1 Like

I don’t… I’d rather see your characters rotting corpse than run a dungeon or raid with it.

It’s going to happen in a diferent way, regardless.

Everyone will be playing Horde soon, it’s already happening.

Merging factions in some scale, is the only way to save Alliance, but Blizzard is probably not very interested in that faction after all… XD

11 Likes

You seem to do an awful lot of raiding and m+ on your night elf DH though?

16 Likes

This is a dumb meme and it needs to stop. Seriously, just stop - every iteration of the game had “war” without the Alliance and the Horde at each other’s throats over trivial, childish reasons. Classic had war against Ragnaros, Nefarian, and C’Thun.
BC had war against Illidan and the Burning Legion.
WotLK had war against the Infinite Dragonflight, Malygos, Yogg-Saron, and of course Athas and the Scourge.
Cataclysm had war against the Twilight’s Hammer, Nefarian (again), Ragnaros (again), Skywall, and of course Deathwing’s Twilight Dragonflight and his Old God master.
Pandaria had war against the Sha (byproducts of an Old God), Zul’s Zandalari, Lei-Shen, and ended against Garrosh’s True Horde (backed by Y’Shaarj).
Draenor had war against Imperator Mar’gok and Cho’gall, Garrosh’s Iron Horde, and ended against Gul’dan and the Burning Legion.
Legion had of course the Burning Legion, the Emerald Nightmare, Elisande’s Nightborne, and Gul’dan.

The idea that World of Warcraft absolutely needs this tired, played-out, and clichéd Alliance vs Horde conflict in order for the game to have “war” is ridiculous and baseless. Taran Zhu even calls out both factions on how petty and nonsensical the faction wars are, telling them that the only reason it keeps going - no matter how contrived, how we work together every expansion, and know full well that the universe is full of truly evil horrors that want to wipe us out and will if we don’t pull together - is because nobody knows how to let things go and not hold a grudge.

Taran Zhu ENOUGH!! There will be no more bloodshed today.
Taran Zhu yells: I see now why your Alliance and Horde cannot stop fighting.
Taran Zhu yells: Every reprisal is itself an act of aggression, and every act of aggression triggers immediate reprisal.
Lady Jaina Proudmoore yells: They have undermined EVERY attempt at peace!
Lor’themar Theron yells: I must protect my sovereign people.
Taran Zhu yells: SILENCE! YOU must break the cycle.
Taran Zhu yells: It ends TODAY. Here. The cycle ends when you, Regent Lord, and you, Lady Proudmoore, turn from one another. And walk. Away.

Stop giving excuses for Blizzard’s terrible writing. This should have ended at least two expansions ago.

37 Likes

Boy, some people in here take the game waaay too seriously. If asked whether or not you’d like shorter queue times, but you’d be queued with the other faction, ya’lls response is “NO THEY’RE CHILDREN I REFUSE TO PLAY WITH THEM”

Good stuff.

17 Likes

You’re speaking for me now?

1 Like

No, I would just refuse to play with them without the namecalling.

I’m going to be honest, the weirdest thing about being in a war…

Is most, if not all my world quest NOT dealing with the war. I’m sitting here fighting hippos and T-rexs… not fighting the horde. Some Blood Trolls, occasionally running into the city and killing a bird. Helping a turtle organize his 12 findings.

I mean… is there really a importance of factional choice now, I don’t see it.

And if it really were important, why did you implement Mercenary mode.

23 Likes

I have now just found out I can like Blue posts.

I don’t know what to do with this power.

In all seriousness though, this would defeat the purpose of opposite factions.

So my point still stands. You didn’t refute anything.

If Blizzard did this, they need to do like what someone suggested and change our characters to a race from the opposite faction like in CoT so ya’ll wouldn’t have any idea whether or not you’re playing with someone with cooties. Wouldn’t have to worry about any tantrums then.

1 Like

Then how about you figure out a way to get people to play Alliance or get rid of it entirely and just turn the whole lot into NPCs so the horde have an “enemy”?

2 Likes

Your childish assumption that all others would behave as childishly as you is clearly incorrect.

All you gotta do is scroll up, big guy. If WoW players know how to do anything well, it’s acting like children towards the other faction. There would be an uproar if a feature like this was announced because people have it in their heads that the players on the other side aren’t just other nerds playing a game just like they are.

2 Likes

I don’t see anywhere a ‘we’ or ‘the community’, the post is the truth: the whole faction thing lost ANY meaning after the events in MoP. Alliance dethroned Garrosh with the help of the Horde in a insurrection and took the faction capital.

8 Likes