Allied races still locked?!?

No, no. I did the work on both factions and unlocked them all. Not just Alliance. All of them.

I don’t have sympathy for people complaining about current allied race unlocks when I got them all when it took the longest possible amount of time with the most possible work.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Nazjatar intro quest doesn’t take long at all. Especially now that it isn’t current content. Accessing Mechagon doesn’t require the full completion of Nazjatar - that would be worth getting mad over if it was.

Also, your Horde rep for Mechagon carries over for the Alliance allied race. Unlike what the Alliance got with Vulpera.

The dungeons were cut from the requirements, yet the OP is still complaining about it.

And yes, the dungeons were awful. I hated doing the Kul Tirans and Dark Irons because of that. Especially because the Horde didn’t have to do any.

Strawman. I never said that.

I did say it was easier than it was, and that remains the case.

1 Like

Won’t happen.

1 Like

We can do without a player with that kind of attitude.

1 Like

I agree that it’s not much effort to get them these days, but frankly, if I want to play a character, I just want to play the character. It was always dumb to have to go through content on a character you don’t care about to get the ability to play the character you actually want to play.

It’s less bad now that it’s “old content”, but it was incredibly dumb when it was current. Literally leveling a throwaway character to max and grinding for 3+ weeks only to never log into it again if your goal was to roll an Allied Race (and you didn’t want to spend money on it).

2 Likes

Why do you deserve allied races then?

Just wondering because everyone else stood in line to unlock their allied race and it seems like you wanna skip the line…

1 Like

To be somewhat fair, to the OP, if you haven’t played the game, in awhile and are now returning to the game and want to play an allied race, the work for it is a little bit longer than just one achievement, and it’s rather tedious. Not impossible but extremely time consuming. I will be using the Nightborne race, as an example:

2 Likes

6/10 on the troll. Hook line and stinker.

1 Like

I was 7 or 8 when the first one released, so all of the cheesy “deeper meaning” phrasing got me at a young age lol. It’s more nostalgia at this point, but the first one is really the only one I care for, as the sequels were hot garbage

2 Likes

I’ve been off and on since 04, and after 08/09, the breaks were longer due to college. I’m honestly not even sure how many times I’ve cared to log in during the anniversary, safe for the time we got a mount and the lfr MC raid

1 Like

Aw, aren’t you cute!
Thanks!

1 Like

Can we really though?

If that’s the case all you’ll get them to is level 20. :frowning:

1 Like

I still don’t have nightborne or KT. Thing is, I don’t even remember how to start Suramar let alone remember which character is actually, you know, on it already. KT I never did enough of the boralus storyline either, and again, I’m not looking through 20 characters to try to discern which one is furthest, and at the same time I’ll be damned if I’m doing either of those from the beginning. I hate that expansion and I hate those quest chains.

If I wanted to play those races maybe I’d feel differently, but here’s the thing, if they were auto-unlocked I’d probably at least try them, and what could possibly be wrong with that? More alts is more time played, after all.

1 Like

Ugg, Coming in as a new player to those expansions was a painful experience, trying to figure out how to even get to the quests that start the quest to start the achievements sometimes. You should get college credits for getting those races unlocked prior to the most recent update.

2 Likes

I can never seem to get Mechagon unlocked on any new characters either. I like the zone, but already have mechagnomes and totally played the place out (though I do still need the wheel) so it’s hard to get motivated to find out what arcane thing I’m doing wrong.

2 Likes

I can’t even remember how I did it. I spend almost as much time begging for someone to help me get through the instance. lol

Good news is I do have two races I couldn’t get into the instance with, so I guess I can reap some of that benefit.

I think a Monk - big human may be neat.

Now all they need to do is at least make it possible to unlock flight in BfA with one character from level 10-50. Not asking for a whole nerf, just some cushion where it makes sense.

2 Likes

So what’s really the tea?

1 Like

you have to actually level a toon to 50, unlock the race, park that 50 and start again hahaha

did kultirans yesterday, had to read guides and use wowhead tools to unlock them because game itself isn’t enough

for kultirans had to

do all 3 zones of kultiras
25 BORING quests to unlock 1 achievement
20 quests to unlock the race

it was fun to do that when that was new content now is just ugh

1 Like

If you don’t have the time to unlock them with how easy the current requirements are, then you simply don’t have time for MMOs.

All you have to do now, is complete the associated zone story for the race you want. You don’t need to do grind to exalted anymore. You don’t even need to do the dungeon requirements some races had anymore

Only ones that are kind of long now are Kul’tirans and Zandalari…and Nightborne a little bit.

1 Like

They can’t fix your unwillingness to play the game.

1 Like