Allied Races in 8.3.5

Night elves have already taken their allied race.
There are forsaken and worgen left to receive an allied race, and worgen has no reason to recruit a night elves race.

No. Unless they pull tortollans out at the last minute, we have all the BfA races

Please, NO.
The kaldorei Worgen were cursed. Feral and enslaved to rage. They’re stuck in a mindless form with no way to fix them.

2 Likes

The devs themselves said that Sylvanas started working with the jailer at the end of wotlk with her death at ICC. But the souls being routed to the maw only started during legion. Although we don’t know at what point of legion.

Gotta love it when blizzard retcons things that didn’t need to be retconned. Honestly I would’ve liked it if Sylvanas made the deal with the Jailer after Genn shattared that lantern she was using to corrupt Eyir. Instead of retconning the Jailer into Edge of Night for no reason other than for Danuser to make his waifu be a master infinite-D chess player

2 Likes

Some people believe that more monstrous races shouldn’t be apart of the alliance, which is a fine argument really even if I disagree with it heavily.

And some people like others have already said believe that it wouldn’t make sense for them to join the alliance because they work with the Vulpera. Which I personally don’t like as an argument because the same could be said for legion allied races, and those didn’t make much sense either.

Except in Val’sharah if you have the Scythe of the Elune, you are able to interact with the Worgen out there and free them of it. While I don’t know if it completely cured them of it, I would of assumed it was like the ritual the Gilnean’s took, restoring them of their sanity, thus giving them control over it.

1 Like

To me, monstrous race is not exactly any nonhuman race but races that have cruel or insivilized culture or viewpoints.

Not all nonhuman races are barbarian.

Trolls and orcs certainly qualify as monsters but races with great culture and able to build kingdoms would not really be monstrous.

I don’t see sethraks being monsters like worgen ferais or murlocs.
Sethraks has a civilization.

This artifact lost power at the end of Legion.
It can no longer be used to control feral worgen.

2 Likes

I think so far all allied races have come from current content with the exception of Dark Irons and Mag’har Orks. However, Dark Irons have technically been part of the Alliance since just before the Cataclysm. Mag’har can probably be tired to one of hte Hord’s earlier sociopath warchieves. Anything pre-BfA would need to already have close ties to one faction and a strong dislike for the other. Whildhammer Dwarfs would be a good example, but I think this is more or less being slipped in with new customization options (tattoos). for basic dwarfs.

I know, I just meant before the artifacts lost their power, it could of freed enough of them to be an Allied race is all. I don’t know how much of a race there needs to be for an allied race as there weren’t a lot of Void Elves and the Mechagnomes don’t seem to be that huge of a group either.

And I suppose any of these Worgen could have bitten a Night Elf.

But I think that would be a waste of an AR slot.

2 Likes

I’d totally play a gorlok. Those guys that tag along on the Sholazar dailies are great. :laughing:

What I have come to understand is that yes, Sethrak are popular and the vast majority of people want them playable. It’s just the matter of which Faction gets them. That’s where everyone is squabbling.

Which in my opinion should not be a reason to write them out. Someone is going to be salty no matter where they go. Its happened with other races already but, oh well. :woman_shrugging: It happens.

I’m just going to be happy if they get added because the Sethrak are the first race I have ever been legitimately invested in and am super excited and happy for. And I am prepared for race/faction change, rep grind and whatever else it takes. They are absolutely fantastic.:heart:

3 Likes

I do think Void Elves was a horrible horrible mistake, and yes twice the horrible. I can’t stress how ridiculous void elves are… I can see why Alliance complain… Dark Dwarves… Light Draenei, Blueberry Elves, Fat Humans and Diaper Trash Gnomes…

If I was an Alliance main I’d be furious I think the last good thing that went to Alliance was Worgens and I can’t stand that you can’t customise the Worgen and human form separately…

2 Likes

This since the beginning. I am desperately hoping this is addressed with the upcoming core race customization as well as being able to change the color of the darned ruff/mane the worgen have.

I also believe they should have their Gilnean voice in their Worgen form, particularly the female… And not some 60 year old smoker snarl from Jersey.

2 Likes

Yes!! This needs to happen!

2 Likes

If there will be more allied races, I bet it will be undead night elves for the horde and something like lightforged undead for the alliance.

I’m expecting high elves and lightforged undead on Alliance side. The 2 Alliance races that have been excluded despite being our core. Without lightforged undead and high elves, there would no Alliance. Read up on lore! All the way back from Warcraft 1

Horde will get mecha vulpera. Literally all anyone is talking about.

1 Like

No it was flat-out said the Maw had been taking all the souls since Legion.

The problem is that with the alliance, everything was done in the worst possible way with the worst empathic result.

Junkgnomes are not bad, as gnomes also need development and attention for years.
But the way they were introduced, paired with vulperes, made them taste sour. Not to mention that they can’t use transmogs.

Void elves would have been much more accepted without shock if it were a bunch of High Elves that were transformed. They were already a small group. The blizzard could have converted everyone, except the silver covenant, in VE.
Instead, a bunch of Silvermoon blood elves who until yesterday hated ally. :nauseated_face:
So much so that they did not even seek the alliance, since their research with void aimed to use it against the enemies of Silvermoon (A.k.a Alliance)

Kultirans should have been a custom of the 3 types of humans but only offered one type, which is also little loved.
And they rewrite the lore to allow humans to be druids (drinking from the Witcher fountain) and shamen,

To complete the disaster, none of them can be paladins. :no_good_man:

But can’t they write the lore to have something with sethraks?
This sounds like provocation. :clown_face:

But if in the end, there can be no sethrak for ally, so be it.
But deem sethrak to the Horde then, because sethrak is too good to be wasted as an npc that will be forgotten in a forgotten expansion.

1 Like