Allied Races in 8.3.5

The only controversial thing about playable Sethrak I’ve seen is this insistence that they join the Alliance when the Devoted mainly work with the Vulpera and the Horde against the Faithless. If the Sethrak do become an allied race, logically they would be a Horde one.

10 Likes

The main thing is that the playerbase seems split on if they should be added or not. As with any race. But some people think they don’t really deserve to be playable because they don’t mesh well with either Horde or Alliance

2 Likes

Don’t forget Ogres for the Horde using fat people skeleton.

4 Likes

High elf/ San’layn
Saberon/ Lf undead
Broken/ Ogre

5 Likes

Doesn’t even need to share a model to be a race counterpart, when they planned to release Mag’har with Kul Tiran it’s cause they thought human and orc allied race

There are new mogu and tolvir factions. Probably them. As we see with mechagnomes people are fine not having pants.

I’d love to see Sethrak for alliance and mok’nathal for horde…

I know mok’nathal don’t use forsaken skelly… But… Meh?

1 Like

I agree that Ankoan and Gilblin are unlikely, but at the same time it feels really weird that they were so uninvolved in anything outside of being bodyguards in open world. We didn’t see them in the raid at all or in any parts of the story outside of just the intro quests and dailies, so it seems really strange to me that they didn’t get anything more than a cameo. So maybe??

Ah, yes. While I would prefer them for Alliance, and there are some details that could make them compatible with Alliance, I do understand the other stance. If they went Horde, you bet I’d be faction/race changing. I don’t care TOO much about the tug of war over Sethrak by the factions. I just want them implemented. I’ll go where they go. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess I completely disagree. There are aspects that I find make them mesh fine with either.

So Im wondering for the tol’vir faction to somehow lead to Saberon. Both are cat like people.

I’m wondering what the Uldum Accord might be tied to as well. Saberon are cool. And I’d be fine with those. But I’m also curious if it will have anything to do with the Sethrak. Really not ready to give up on that dream and I know it shows. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Both of them use the worgen Skeleton. It would be cool to instead of choosing gender just having different body types. For like Uldum accord. Sethrak/saberon/tolvir.

I wonder if gender dimorphism is really that important. Vulpera use both male goblin skeletons for example.

I think the AR’s are done for BFA. I certainly doubt 8.3.5. If we do get another AR for BFA, it won’t be before pre-patch.

3 Likes

There will be a gap of time. I can see an allied rave being released during the lul.
Between expansions. To get people to resub after all the raids are cleared.

2 Likes

Maybe a windserpent/coatl for the flying form? (For Sethrak as druids)
Snake for aquatic
And I’ve deliberated on the other forms but not sure. :thinking:

2 Likes

Well, I’m a snake nerd. So there are some easy way to differentiate between the males and females without using mammalian characteristics.

For snakes it can be:
Tail length
Color
Body build
Height

Males usually have visually longer tails
Females are usually larger but there are some species where it follows the larger male rule.
And there are some instances where the boys are more colorful.

There is a lot Blizzard could play with to deviate somewhat from the norm but still kinda keep it in line with existing themes!

3 Likes

I think we will be getting Mogu as a neutral race.

With all the new customizations to undead, I don’t think there will be undead/worgen allied race

I was totally hoping for vulpera and mechagnome druids… ok i just want to play as a transformer…

4 Likes

That’s cool. I do hope you get Sethrak some day. I have been wanting naga to fill my aquatic snake itch. I don’t see them as druids. It would be cool though like druids of the fang. We don’t really see much of there true cultures. Just there military. The dungeon showed there cities. An underground city is dope. If we got more underground I can see them down the line.

Blizzard has usually attached a faction to unlock the allied races as well. I do not see one likely for Sethrakk. It would be nice for them to set a new precedent with a new way to unlock them. A questchain would be fine with me. Or simply just going through Vol’dun. Idk they seem more horde like to me. I would like them on either side. But they seem to fit more on the horde. But maybe like the blood elves a contrasting culture would make the alliance better.

2 Likes