Allied races for Worgen and undead: Nelf Worgen and San'layn

Again, not an issue.

Not an issue if people want to play them. I’d certainly want to, and so would others. Your opinion on the matter, not a reasonable counter-argument.

4 Likes

Let’s not.

6 Likes

Why not? It’s a reasonable suggestion.

2 Likes

More Elves for the sake of More Elves is Not Great :tm: . Which is, at the base, what is being suggested.

Which isn’t specifically to say that Elves alone is the issue, just the idea of their saturation or being used to flesh out the customization of other races.

Blood Elves got Void Elves (kind of). Night Elves got Nightborne. Let the undead get something a bit better than Elves (but dead).

4 Likes

Purely an opinionated post, though. Just because you think something non-elf would be “Better” doesn’t make it so. Looking into the lore, San’layn are unique and make sense. Much more sense than the LF undead nonsense that they pulled recently.

“Nathanos undead” would be fine, if an entire sacrifice and process didn’t need to be made every single time one was created. Not to mention, that’s once again more model sharing. (And I don’t want to hear anyone say “but void elves!” because blood elves were already on the Horde).

I’d love for someone to inform me, WITH LORE, as to why San’layn wouldn’t make sense.

Before someone brings up either point:

1. “They attacked the Horde on that ship!” Yeah, as a last resort, considering everyone was literally going to die anyway, and that was a last ditch attempt to stop the alliance.
  2. “Alliance killed them all off!” Where is that confirmed anywhere? No one said every single San’layn was wiped off. Just Dreven and a few other—and they had to come from somewhere.
  3. “They’re purely evil!” Yeah, like how Forsaken have no free will, nor do DKs. Oh, wait…
5 Likes

I’ve always wanted to be a Norgan, true story you know.

1 Like

Oh boy, cant wait till I can play my Dragon Aspect and Titan races then. I want to play one and so do plenty of others so clearly that gives me all the reasoning I need for them to be in the game.

You dont get to decide anything on my opinions, they hold just as much weight as your own.

5 Likes

I’m not arguing that the lightforged dead make much more sense, just that elves but dead isn’t a very strong fill for an undead parallel allied race.

Let’s be clear and fair here, if Blizzard wanted the lore to support it, it would. And that’s all there really is to it.

3 Likes

But it’s not for the sake of elves.

Allied races are what they are. I just suggested two that would be plausible for the two core races.

Right, but what about the worgen and undead? The only other worgen we know of were night elves aside from humans. San’layn are undead, meaning they were a certain race at one point before becoming undead. You can’t play an undead character without it being another race when it was alive. Say we got another option for undead. Like orcs, tauren, trolls, we already faced undead trolls in Nazmir. San’layn is more than your typical undead. They are vampires, they just happen to have been elves in life. For an undead allied race, they’d be pretty unique in having abilities their kin on both sides do not.

3 Likes

Which they don’t yet. However, they do have lore to support San’layn. :thinking:

4 Likes

Void Elves were made up literally on the spot. If Vulpera end up an Allied Race, it shuffles the precedent and makes options like Saberon or Sethrakk much more contextual. Blizzard will make that decision when they get there.

2 Likes

Which, for all intents and purposes, I absolutely do not argue or have any disagreements with.

However, as above.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Also, no one said it couldn’t be a process like Night Warrior. Some “ritual”, very powerful? The issue I see there is the Valk sacrifice, though.

They’d be cool to play. Don’t see how Blizz will implement them though.

If we’re going by opinions, then the weight they hold are far different then you think. If more people want these two as an allied race…let’s put it this way. If we were allowed to vote on this issue, people who would want them would far out tally your vote alone. If more people are fine with “just more elves” as you put it, then I’d say it holds a lot more weight.

For context, the only other Worgen we know of besides humans were not of the cursed variety. They were a chosen, and forbidden, druid form and generally destroyed their minds. You would have to break that important bit of lore if you want your night elf worgen to not be locked as druids.

On a side note, the comic series they are shown in was terrible and is one of the most often retconned sources of lore available cough Me’dan cough. Is there any mentions of them in chronicles at all, on that note?

2 Likes

More Furries for the sake of More Furries is Not Great :tm: . Which is, at the base, what is being suggested.

Which isn’t specifically to say that Furries alone is the issue, just the idea of their saturation or being used to flesh out the customization of other races.

2 Likes

You’re right. Which is why at the least, in the example, they are specifically a twist on the status quo for Allied Races, which is a notch more unique.

But just furrifying races is also not a great solution either.

1 Like

Oh wow, now THAT is an inflated sense of self worth. You really dont want to put that up for a vote, friend. lol. You already got laughed out of one forum for this idea, I congratulate you on atleast still holding to it.

3 Likes

Reminder that there’s no set amount of ARs yet, and that we can have a lot at the same time. We simply have no idea. We had a large number added for BfA, 6 available at launch (4 prior to). We could always have a huge influx of different ones.

…Source? Seems to be the opposite of the case, now you’re making that stuff up.

1 Like

The system exists in a fashion where the long term hope would be an abundance of both customization reskins as well as unique races or faction combos.

We’ll see if we get that far. All I can advocate for is more unique opportunities.

2 Likes